Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Dodge Demon Revealed (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=490981)

catdog 04-11-2017 09:34 AM

Dodge Demon Revealed

:pop2:

Here goes nothing.....

http://www.dodge.com/en/ifyouknowyouknow/

Not into drag racing, but interested in all the technical stuff, because it will set up the next engineering fight with GM and Ford ... :)

cmeJATT 04-11-2017 11:16 AM

nice! 7 hours to go lol

Supercup 04-11-2017 11:44 AM

5 hours 46 minutes!

Sven59 04-11-2017 01:05 PM

Trying to decide, Dodge reveal or take a crap.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

speedyman 04-11-2017 01:29 PM

The Demon is not every mans dream car but it will be significant to the extent that no other domestic vehicle has come off the assembly line with this much horsepower. Pure Muscle Car and that is pretty cool for many of us.

Mr. Meh 04-11-2017 01:31 PM

Wonder what the gas guzzler tax on it is going to be....

396ssrat 04-11-2017 01:45 PM

I suspect the base power mode will be somewhat emissions friendly and the two upper power modes will be track only thus not falling into legal drama. I doubt the lower power mode (757 or whatever) will maintain near the current mileage number which is likely around 20 mpg.
This car is what separates Mopar from Ford and Chevy. It's a case of big balls vs belt and suspenders. The younger generation is likely more geared toward going in circles etc but the older folks (the likely buyer of the Demon) are still drag strip oriented. This car is not a compromise of the performance game, it is in a class all by itself at this point. A shame Chevy cant put a serial number on the copo and counter the big bad Dodge.

speedyman 04-11-2017 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 396ssrat (Post 9667034)
I suspect the base power mode will be somewhat emissions friendly and the two upper power modes will be track only thus not falling into legal drama. I doubt the lower power mode (757 or whatever) will maintain near the current mileage number which is likely around 20 mpg.
This car is what separates Mopar from Ford and Chevy. It's a case of big balls vs belt and suspenders. The younger generation is likely more geared toward going in circles etc but the older folks (the likely buyer of the Demon) are still drag strip oriented. This car is not a compromise of the performance game, it is in a class all by itself at this point. A shame Chevy cant put a serial number on the copo and counter the big bad Dodge.

Excellent post. Very good synopsios.

BoostedX2 04-11-2017 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 396ssrat (Post 9667034)

I suspect GM will not step up to the plate, same as when the GT500 went to 662 hp and the Hellcat at 707.. I believe in 1-2 years we will have a higher HP GT500 and 2 MOPAR offerings that are higher HP and better straight line performers...Heck, if ford really steps up its GT500 game it could potentially eclipse the ZL1 triple threat....GM is NOT good at responding.....just my .02 from long standing observation....

DenverTaco07 04-11-2017 02:11 PM

I don't understand any of the hype over the demon - it's a COPO competitor IMO, one seat? I'm with Sven...taking a crap sounds much more valuable.

mkorgan 04-11-2017 02:23 PM

I for one am very interested in that I believe the chevy is missing a big opportunities by making the COPO non-streetable and impossible to own. If the demon proves a viable market exists for a purpose built straight line car then GM should get off their a$$ and do what they need to do to put a VIN on the COPO and make them a true COPO car which was not limited to a specific # but simply built them to a specific trim level for a specific buyer and priced them accordingly. I hope Dodge sells all they can make and I might very well be one of them since Chevy has decided to leave that market unaddressed in their current Camaro line even though I love my ZL1 and believe to be the most well rounded pony car in the space.

mkorgan 04-11-2017 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 (Post 9667080)
I don't understand any of the hype over the demon - it's a COPO competitor IMO, one seat? I'm with Sven...taking a crap sounds much more valuable.

Nope, it is not a COPO competitor. The COPO can't be tagged and driven on the street. The COPO is a tease to what could have been for the few who would have been more than happy with a straight line beast. Dodge is making what could have been with a Bow tie a reality for the Mopar family. Good for them.

catdog 04-11-2017 02:36 PM

The big deal is the new techniques and engineering that they are putting in the Demon, seems to take it to another level previously unavailable to a car buying customer...

Perhaps taking a crap while watching the reveal may be more educational than taking a crap instead of watching the reveal... :)

Sven59 04-11-2017 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catdog (Post 9667133)
The big deal is the new techniques and engineering that they are putting in the Demon, seems to take it to another level previously unavailable to a car buying customer...

Perhaps taking a crap while watching the reveal may be more educational than taking a crap instead of watching the reveal... :)

I want those fender flares for my truck!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk