Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - Southeast (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Savannah GA Meet (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207136)

RLHMARINES 06-24-2013 03:35 PM

Just popping in to say "Hi" and check on getting together sometime in the near future.

mmarx82 06-24-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RLHMARINES (Post 6709847)
Just popping in to say "Hi" and check on getting together sometime in the near future.

Hello, we meet the first Sunday of every month so the next time will be July 7. Not sure what everyone's plan is for that weekend considering that is a holiday weekend though. The location is the link in my sig. Congrats on your new ZL1 btw!

USMCSSGT-RET 06-24-2013 04:47 PM

Depending on if I go to a conference I'm supposed to go to, I'll be there!

RLHMARINES 06-24-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmarx82 (Post 6710024)
Hello, we meet the first Sunday of every month so the next time will be July 7. Not sure what everyone's plan is for that weekend considering that is a holiday weekend though. The location is the link in my sig. Congrats on your new ZL1 btw!

Thanks, I will try and make it on July 7, but I will be out of town earlier that week and working that day/evening.

I have a co-worker who has a Camaro ZL1 also who might be interested in meeting and hanging out. I'll check with him to see if he's available.

mpiersd 06-24-2013 09:36 PM

Won't be there this month. Be out of town with family.
On a side note, the douchebag across the street backed into my rear bumper and took off.
Gonna need a few good places to get estimates from and someplace to get good work from.

mmarx82 06-24-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RLHMARINES (Post 6711490)
Thanks, I will try and make it on July 7, but I will be out of town earlier that week and working that day/evening.

I have a co-worker who has a Camaro ZL1 also who might be interested in meeting and hanging out. I'll check with him to see if he's available.

Bring him, It would be pretty cool to see five ZL1's in one place... More Camaro's = More Fun regardless of model anyways. :thumb:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpiersd (Post 6711515)
Won't be there this month. Be out of town with family.
On a side note, the douchebag across the street backed into my rear bumper and took off.
Gonna need a few good places to get estimates from and someplace to get good work from.

Sorry to hear that, is there paint damage? if not you might could go with paintless dent removal. I had good luck with Gerber Collision on Abercorn otherwise.

mpiersd 06-24-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmarx82 (Post 6711572)
Sorry to hear that, is there paint damage? if not you might could go with paintless dent removal. I had good luck with Gerber Collision on Abercorn otherwise.

It's gouged deep into the plastic:mad2:
And looks to have broken at least 4 of the snaps where it meets the quarter panel.

mmarx82 06-24-2013 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpiersd (Post 6711607)
And looks to have broken at least 4 of the snaps where it meets the quarter panel.

Dang, that sucks... Without seeing it not sure what can be done for it, however, had you been eying a different diffuser anyways, now would be the time to do it. There are lots of options out there...

He11bent 06-25-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpiersd (Post 6711607)

The touch-up guy for all the local car dealerships is Aaron Bonorato 912-713-7354. He does an awesome job with my IOM Camaro. He has touched up the front 3 times...none of which were by me. Last one was compliments of the valet at the Mansion during Christmas. They gouged the rt front corner paint into the plastic pretty good. Cost $150 and done in an afternoon.
I didn't have any dents or broken clips though, just paint damage.

Hope this helps.

mpiersd 06-25-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by He11bent (Post 6712878)
The touch-up guy for all the local car dealerships is Aaron Bonorato 912-713-7354. He does an awesome job with my IOM Camaro. He has touched up the front 3 times...none of which were by me. Last one was compliments of the valet at the Mansion during Christmas. They gouged the rt front corner paint into the plastic pretty good. Cost $150 and done in an afternoon.
I didn't have any dents or broken clips though, just paint damage.

Hope this helps.

Thanks. Waiting for the adjuster to call and see what insurance wants to do.

mpiersd 06-25-2013 11:50 AM

Aaron is going to be over my way tomorrow and take a look at it

DenaliR1 06-25-2013 03:19 PM

ill be there... it feels good to say that

mpiersd 06-25-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmarx82 (Post 6711657)
Dang, that sucks... Without seeing it not sure what can be done for it, however, had you been eying a different diffuser anyways, now would be the time to do it. There are lots of options out there...

It doesn't look bad, but it has a couple of deep gouges and it's dimpled pretty good from the inside and the outside.
I used to do body work(a lifetime ago) but it looks to need a new bumper cover and that is it. The diffuser is good, taillights lights are good, side lights are good.

Jer4251 06-25-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmarx82 (Post 6711572)
Bring him, It would be pretty cool to see five ZL1's in one place... More Camaro's = More Fun regardless of model anyways. :thumb:

who says ill be there? maybe I wont be, maybe I will...