Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   delete (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=532142)

Gotit4cheap16 06-22-2018 01:25 PM

delete

delete

shibbs 06-22-2018 01:40 PM

Yeah, that's not going to happen. That's the risk of modding a car and not claiming the parts on your insurance policy.

Welker2 06-22-2018 02:15 PM

Wow, can't imagine waking up to something like that, do you know how the fire started? If you car is in the police impound due to there being an on going investigation, you probably won't be able to get near your car.

Coleroad 06-22-2018 02:26 PM

The only way you will get those parts back are if you buy the car from the insurance company.

Gotit4cheap16 06-22-2018 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Welker2 (Post 10226913)
Wow, can't imagine waking up to something like that, do you know how the fire started? If you car is in the police impound due to there being an on going investigation, you probably won't be able to get near your car.

I called this morning and asked them and they said I would be able to as long as I can bring proof showing I'm the owner and my ID.

LETHAL2SS 06-22-2018 02:38 PM

gotta get the car swapped back before the cops come and take the car away, too bad... but you cant remove things, only revert back to stock, when Harvey hit i had quite a few friends rent a large hangar at a local air field and take their flooded cars there, remove any of the stuff they wanted that didn't get damaged, swap back the stock parts they had left and then had the adjuster come out for pricing.

CamaroFred 06-22-2018 02:41 PM

Here, in Illinois, you have the right to access your vehicle to remove personal belongings.

LETHAL2SS 06-22-2018 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroFred (Post 10226947)
Here, in Illinois, you have the right to access your vehicle to remove personal belongings.

removing actual parts from the car and making the car non-running/incomplete can cause issues with insurance, ask me how i know....at least here in TX...

CamaroFred 06-22-2018 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotit4cheap16 (Post 10226933)
I called this morning and asked them and they said I would be able to as long as I can bring proof showing I'm the owner and my ID.

Oops you posted while I was composing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LETHAL2SS (Post 10226945)
gotta get the car swapped back before the cops come and take the car away, too bad... but you cant remove things, only revert back to stock, when Harvey hit i had quite a few friends rent a large hangar at a local air field and take their flooded cars there, remove any of the stuff they wanted that didn't get damaged, swap back the stock parts they had left and then had the adjuster come out for pricing.

You can have your car towed anywhere you want, including your home.
Better to have it done ASAP as aftermarket parts are known to 'disappear' in impound lots.

pyroguy 06-22-2018 04:07 PM

I had a G8 that I had JUST done a Rotofab intake and radiator cover on when it got hit by a drunk driver. I asked the insurance company about the parts and if they'd be covered or if I could go get them. They told me that as long as the car was still in the same shape as it was when it got there (running) I could go take whatever I wanted off of the car (intake and cover) because they weren't going to give me anything for the aftermarket parts. So here I am 5 years later with a Rotofab intake and radiator cover for a G8 sitting in my house since I bought my Camaro instead of another G8.

Matt8892(2) 06-22-2018 05:57 PM

As long as you slap back on the stock parts they shouldn’t care. I did that with a mustang and camaro thatvwere both totaled.

Gordo-D 06-23-2018 02:57 AM

If you modify anything over here [and that can include just a set of alloy wheels] and don't notify your insurance company, they can refuse to pay out.

However you can remove any personal possessions, but I doubt they would appreciate someone turning up with a full toolbox and dismantling the car.
Really sorry to hear about your car though. :(

Gotit4cheap16 06-23-2018 08:06 AM

Thanks guys. yea it sucks but you live and learn. good thing is gap will pay off the car and itll all look good on my insurance.

myold88 06-23-2018 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt8892(2) (Post 10227187)
As long as you slap back on the stock parts they shouldn’t care. I did that with a mustang and camaro thatvwere both totaled.

Bingo ! Finally.