Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   One of the main reasons to buy a Camaro (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=353)

Brother1 11-22-2006 11:57 AM

One of the main reasons to buy a Camaro

I might be a little overly dramatic when I say this, but...one of the main reasons I would buy a Camaro would be to show that I am proud to be an American.
The British have their car and are proud of it.
The Japanese have their car...
The Italians have their car...
The Germans have their car...
And the U.S. has their iconic car. The Camaro. I say "The Camaro" because when one thinks of American Muscle cars, he or she most likely thinks Camaro, Trans Am, and Mustang. Since the Trans Am is currently "not here" (too bad...they were the only ones to keep the big cubes, whereas, everyone else went anal during the 1970s..) and the Mustang...well..you know:thumbdown: ...just kidding (although the GT500 is cool..but ZL1 is better:headbang: ) the Camaro just screams, "Proud to be an American."

So for all those who state, "American Muscle sucks." Just give it a break. There really isn't a car that "sucks" in my opinion...if one is faster than the other, its just about who spent the most money on their car. Whoever spent the most money, may be the fastest. SO, give it a rest.

For those who drive American Muscle, :headbang: . We are proud to drive a machine that was built for an American. The sound of the classic growl, the smell of burnt rubber, (in my opinion, what fun is AWD? takes away SOME driving fun...I have EVO friends, but c'mon sliding with the tail out, burning rubber, the front end lifting up with all the torque...etc), well anyway,
this message is getting freaking long, so, yeah..Thats my opinion. Whether agree or not, whatever. :thumbup:

Casull 11-22-2006 01:33 PM

cue John Mellencamp...

Cleric 11-22-2006 03:03 PM

I dont think their are too many American muscle cars out right now

besides i wanna see some numbers before i say American muscle is back

camaro2009 11-22-2006 08:49 PM

I agree, this is an iconic american muscle car, but the only problem I have with that statement is that it will not be built in America. Now dont get all defensive, because I only buy from the big three, well actually only 1. Chevrolet or GM. In my mind its still 100% American, but to other people, they say not really its built in Canada, blah, blah. Who cares, GM IS AMERICAN and :respekt: WILL BE!

TAG UR IT 11-23-2006 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Casull (Post 3197)
cue John Mellencamp...

:clap: ... :D ... `You know what? I'm going to be buying an american dream. I'd prefer it to be built here, but am okay with it being built in Canada. At least it's being made in North America and not over in some over seas county. I'd much rather know my hard earned dollar spent on the Camaro is going to feed another american family at the end of the day. I must say that dissapoints me. Seriously though, what can we do about it? At least we are helping our neighboring country and not someone halfway around the world. GM is GM and that to me is american. ;)

alleykt123 11-23-2006 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAG UR IT (Post 3214)
…At least we are helping our neighboring country and not someone halfway around the world…

Did someone say…

Australia (GM Holden)??!!

LOL!! Just kidding!

TAG UR IT 11-23-2006 10:20 AM

HA! I know...I was thinking about that when I said it. But, I was leaning more along the lines of the actual build process (which will be done in Canada), since that was kinda the topic.

Cleric 11-23-2006 01:36 PM

:offtopic: :bellyroll: :bellyroll:

afterdigital 11-24-2006 01:38 PM

american pride !!!

I agree with you Brother,

I currently own a Cadillac (american) and look forward to my second car being a musclecar. I believe everyone's entitle to their opinion but it certainly won't change mine.

My choice of cars is american:
my choice of luxury sedan is a Cadillac 2005
my choice of musclecar is a Camaro (dare i say) 2008!

woot woot :clap:

2001ragtop 11-28-2006 12:12 PM

the main reason to buy one is you have a full 36 months to start saving up for one before you will be able to actually get one. you will have extra cash saved for modifying it or to lower your monthly payment

afterdigital 11-29-2006 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2001ragtop (Post 3310)
the main reason to buy one is you have a full 36 months to start saving up for one before you will be able to actually get one. you will have extra cash saved for modifying it or to lower your monthly payment

yesssss!!!! mods up the wazooooo baby.... u right Ragtop... i do have to think longterm.... and if i start saving now, the little bit of change left over will help with the tons of mods i have in store.

muhahahahahaha!!!!!

Mestizo 12-11-2006 06:40 PM

Amen, and that's why I say Toyota is the enemy!

They build great cars, but they have NO personality or anything visually simulating.

Even Honda/Acura and Nissan/Infiniti have better styling cues than Toyota/Lexus.

Toyota Camry Car of the Year(2007)? You got to be kidding me......

1BADLS3 06-14-2011 11:03 PM

To the OP, your sentiment is shared...

CamaroKid300 06-14-2011 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1BADLS3 (Post 3340824)
To the OP, your sentiment is shared...

Dude, way to revive a 4, nearly 5 year old thread. :facepalm: