Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Camaro ZL1 to get >550hp, Auto Option, ZR1 Traction Management, Production Q1 2012 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152276)

Future MDPilot 06-11-2011 05:57 PM

Are there any rumours on the pricing?

Just bought my Camaro and thinking of trading in already :).

1981DFA 06-11-2011 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SGOS252382 (Post 3327952)
It can also be a lot harder to convince the wife that you need a $55K Camaro.

I guessing that this 55K Camaro you speak of is still just a estimated price tag?!

Shurenuff 06-11-2011 06:10 PM

I wonder if the PTM will be standard or available as an option or a part of a "track pack" similar to what the GT500 offers? Any word on this or was it just mentioned that it would be "available".

I'm thinking if it isn't standard (in order to keep the entry level price down) and they do offer this theoretical track pack, the light weight SSX wheels would be a part of the package.

Red Rocker 06-11-2011 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shurenuff (Post 3327742)
There you go, hope those waiting for this are happy and this announcement made their day! And on a plus side, no more complaining from you auto weenies ;)

:laughabove:

Inferno2SS 06-11-2011 06:23 PM

Man this car is sounding better and better, I just hope I will be able to afford one.

FINALLYSATISFIED 06-11-2011 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STEALTH_MODE (Post 3327832)
Good to know GM listened to all those that wanted an auto trans. Now all we need is the official specs and price!

Or unless GM knew they all along they were going to have an Auto tranny.

On another note: This car is going to be atleast $49,xxx, with all the options its going to be up there...:yikes:

FINALLYSATISFIED 06-11-2011 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1981DFA (Post 3328392)
I guessing that this 55K Camaro you speak of is still just a estimated price tag?!

It'll be $55k, with a few extra options give or take. A bottom line ZL-1 will be high $40's and easily $55k with options especially for an Auto tranny with probably atleast an additional $1500.

69 Hugger 06-11-2011 06:29 PM

Nice to have the Auto option, just please don't detune it like they did on the L99 auto's. If GM does go that route, have the option to delet the "Active Fuel Management system" Haven't seen any fuel numbers on the that motor in Cadillac CTS-V, is there a Gas Guzzler tax ?

Scarrzz 06-11-2011 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shurenuff (Post 3328412)
I wonder if the PTM will be standard or available as an option or a part of a "track pack" similar to what the GT500 offers? Any word on this or was it just mentioned that it would be "available".

I'm thinking if it isn't standard (in order to keep the entry level price down) and they do offer this theoretical track pack, the light weight SSX wheels would be a part of the package.

Original post was ambiguous about the PTM being standard or available, and I wondered the same thing. If the grammar is correct, our Home Page is reporting Auto trans as an available option and the PTM as standard equipment on ZL1.

The Camaro Permagrin widens even more. :happyanim:

Now we can shift gears and start fantasizing about the "Guaranteed to be astounding" HP numbers we'll get in a few months.

Shurenuff 06-11-2011 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69 Hugger (Post 3328465)
Nice to have the Auto option, just please don't detune it like they did on the L99 auto's. If GM does go that route, have the option to delet the "Active Fuel Management system" Haven't seen any fuel numbers on the that motor in Cadillac CTS-V, is there a Gas Guzzler tax ?

Yup, and I'm not 100% sure, but I believe it is higher in the auto version.

sasquash1984 06-11-2011 06:37 PM

Quote:

It will more than likely have a gas tax on it, if so no restrictions

GMI'76 06-11-2011 06:38 PM

From what little research I have done on the CTS-V Coupe, gas guzzler tax is $1,300 on the manual and $2,600 on the automatic. The ZL1 auto option is SWEET to have.

OldScoolCamaro 06-11-2011 06:42 PM

Al said the numbers will astound us...that says it all !! Nuff said..., any questions??? Bring it on GM, b r i n g i t o n....!!! :thumbsup:

Mr. Wyndham 06-11-2011 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVT_SRT (Post 3328362)
I just hope they don't lower the horsepower to make it equal with the manual for the qtr mile. The new 5.0 mustang auto seriously destroys the manual.

Quote:

They won't. I'm 95% sure of it...this car mirrors many of the features of the CTS-V, and it's not detuned. There is a GG tax on the CTS-V. Currently it sits at 14/19 mpg. I think the Camaro team can do something to improve that, though. After all, when introduced, the 3.6L CTS had a 26mpg hwy rating, and Camaro managed 29, and now 30 with the 2LS model. I'm optimistic they can avoid the GG tax to further compete with the GT500...we'll have to see.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1981DFA (Post 3328392)

Yes. No official prices (or performance statistics, for that matter) have been released. A couple more months until we know that...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shurenuff (Post 3328412)

Generally...with things like MRC, and traction control systems, they're standard features. All the engineering and programming that goes into dialing these systems for the Camaro would be wasted if it's not standard.

People thought the SSs FE4 suspension tuning would be optional, but it's standard. I don't think they specified on PTM, though.