Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Sunroof??? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2219)

Scotsman 12-09-2007 11:15 PM

Sunroof???

Ok, so now that we know the Challenger will have one and the Mustang doesn't, should a sunroof be considered for the 5thgen?? I don't think a T-top will work with the 5thgen's design so the only other option for a partially-open-top feature would be a sunroof.

DGthe3 12-09-2007 11:34 PM

I don't want one. don't want to pay for it, don't plan on using it

KILLER74Z28 12-09-2007 11:36 PM

There cool but not on my 5thGEN...:sm0: :respekt:

SoFlaZ 12-09-2007 11:42 PM

I want some form of opening roof. I used to have a sunroof on my old 944 and always had that thing open.

TFord 12-09-2007 11:43 PM

for me I think Id take a sunroof depending on the price. I love my T-Tops and being able to look up, and late night driving how the ambient light looks. never been one for a sunroof though....if I really had a choice id get T-Tops or that see-through/removable roof offered with the base vette!

TAG UR IT 12-10-2007 01:10 AM

Hmmm....

With the design of the roof itself, it's hard to see anything other than a straight up coupe or vert. I don't know about a sunroof. I'd have to see how it looks. Believe it or not, the look of it would make up my mind. If it messed w/ the appearance and changed the lines of the roof, it would be a no go. I like the look of the solid painted roof. Actually, it would have to be a solid roof ....OR>>>>

TARGA TOP.

Emher 12-10-2007 04:12 AM

I don't want one. Either you have a convertible or a coupe.

stovt001 12-10-2007 05:02 AM

I want one. I love sunroofs and would order it for sure if it was offered.

EllwynX 12-10-2007 05:04 AM

Sunroof is a must imo. I loved the TTops in my '02 Camaro and use the sunroof in my '05 Aveo all the time. Just as I did in my '95 Cavalier.

I don't see why they couldn't design a sunroof to work with that roof depression. It's not THAT pronounced.

$¢'s 5th Gen 12-10-2007 07:22 AM

I have a sun roof in the car i drive now and it is almost always open :thumbsup: I chose yes but it would depend on how it looked on the car. Although i am sure they could keep the lines of the roof.

fastball 12-10-2007 08:10 AM

Sunroof is a must for me. I never thought they were that big of a deal untill I bought my current car (2000 Honda Prelude) that has it and could not be had without one. Now I use it anytime the weather is remotely decent, even if it's a little cool outside (open roof, keep windows closed, turn heater on directed at floor).

stovt001 12-10-2007 08:41 AM

^ exactly. There are a ton of nice days coming home from work where I just want the car opened up to the beautiful sky, and rolling the side windows down just doesn't cut it. My friend's Fusion and my fiancee's roommate's Maxima both have sunroofs, and I love using them. The possibly lack of sunroof on the Camaro makes me consider the other Zeta cars and upcoming Alpha cars a little more, but it isn't a dealbreaker in and of itself. It is one factor that will drive my decision, so if it is available the Camaro definitely will win tons of points.

The_Stache 12-10-2007 10:54 AM

Im torn half and half on the sun roof...

Pros - great for cooling in the summer here (arizona heat..) it exhausts it faster than just the windows down.
- great for those non hot sunny days where you can relax with the wind in your hair
- great for those cool days with heat on driver but still get comfy with the air exchange

Cons - The most major... it lets in the heat when the car sits outside.. as it will do for me year round.. this is my daily driver.. which means basically sun 100% of the time (dont even park in the garage much)
-Leaks, im sure new tech has them solid and leak proof.. but seals wear.. and really in arizona they wear fast.. what happens in 10/15/20 years when im replacing seals just to keep the water out.
-Like above.. sun damage to the interior upolstery..
-Styling.. I'd have to see how it works before I make a decision.

stovt001 12-10-2007 11:27 AM

Most modern sunroof systems have a solid shade that you can pull shut so you don't get sun-wear and heat when you don't want it open.