Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   New PDIM Hardware and Software Available! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108097)

CajunSS 08-16-2011 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homerlex (Post 3624466)
My dealer put in Part Number 22797218 in my 2010 under warranty without issue. They came up with that part number without me even mentioning it.

same here, but also i"m good friends with the service manager :thumbsup:

WCoolBreeze 08-16-2011 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i007spectre (Post 3624266)
That part number is not authorized for a 2010 Camaro, according to my dealership. To which I reply with a big old bs.

Well that is the Part Number, Hardware Version, and Software Version that MY Dealer put into MY Early Order Activity 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS, and it FIXED ALL OF THE PROBLEMS THAT I HAD BEEN HAVING. SO I WOULD SAY IT IS THE RIGHT PART FOR 2010 CAMARO'S.

Walt B.

P.S. Tell Your DEALER TO FIX YOUR CAR RIGHT or go to a different Dealer, or better yet call GM Customer Service and COMPLAIN.

i007spectre 08-17-2011 12:51 PM

I talked to Jeff, he said he would talk to them. I havent heard from Jeff since then.

cmore 08-17-2011 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WCoolBreeze (Post 3627217)
Well that is the Part Number, Hardware Version, and Software Version that MY Dealer put into MY Early Order Activity 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS, and it FIXED ALL OF THE PROBLEMS THAT I HAD BEEN HAVING. SO I WOULD SAY IT IS THE RIGHT PART FOR 2010 CAMARO'S.

Walt B.

P.S. Tell Your DEALER TO FIX YOUR CAR RIGHT or go to a different Dealer, or better yet call GM Customer Service and COMPLAIN.

Per PI0055B it covers 2010 models also.

destroyerofu2 08-22-2011 09:06 AM

I am taking my car in tomarrow to have this done.

Is there anything I should do or know?

the guys were surprised that I knew about this, because they did not.

one guy said the public should not have the PI's
then the other guys said thats what PI's are "public information"

then I asked if he had the parts instock? and he said it is a simple download.
I told him no it is a hardware update also, and showed him the paper.
he said some one else was going to have to look at it and order the parts if needed.

my fear is that they will not or did not order the parts and I will have to go back.

i007spectre 08-22-2011 02:39 PM

Haha Jeff cant get a hold of my dealerships guy either. Love it.

cmore 08-22-2011 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by destroyerofu2 (Post 3651133)
I am taking my car in tomarrow to have this done.

Is there anything I should do or know?

the guys were surprised that I knew about this, because they did not.

one guy said the public should not have the PI's
then the other guys said thats what PI's are "public information"

then I asked if he had the parts instock? and he said it is a simple download.
I told him no it is a hardware update also, and showed him the paper.
he said some one else was going to have to look at it and order the parts if needed.

my fear is that they will not or did not order the parts and I will have to go back.

Just hand in there. It took 5 repair attempts for mine to get resolved.

destroyerofu2 08-23-2011 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmore (Post 3654780)
Just hand in there. It took 5 repair attempts for mine to get resolved.

just a question are they supose to supply a rental for the repair.
they said they needed my car for all day. so I was wondering if they were supose to supply a rental or not. (I dont think they are and i didn't ask for one, but if they have to redo it I am going to)

copper3000 08-23-2011 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by destroyerofu2 (Post 3656727)
just a question are they supose to supply a rental for the repair.
they said they needed my car for all day. so I was wondering if they were supose to supply a rental or not. (I dont think they are and i didn't ask for one, but if they have to redo it I am going to)

They should at least provide transportation to your work (or home) and back.

cmore 08-23-2011 10:11 AM

It did not take that long each time was about 45minutes once it was about 1.5hrs.

I think they would give a loaner if it is overnight. I think they would have taken me some where but since am retired, did not have to have them do it.

Sir Nuke 08-23-2011 02:58 PM

OMFG!!! I started reading this thread from the VERY begining about 2 hours ago.....and BOY OH BOY an I glad I did......C5 IS THE BOMB!! I have a 2010, had have had the random indexing issue from day one, DUH! and a few other issues, but I delt with them, until another issue cropped up, I ALWAYS have a Flash Drive INSTALLED in my car, and about a week ago it started NOT recognizing that it was even there, so EVERYTIME I got off of the car, them started it up, I would have to go into the console and remove the drive and reinstall it. WHAT A PITA!! so I called up a service department and made a appointment to get this fixed......my appointment is Friday, 8/26, and I am comming loaded for BEAR!! TSB IN HAND, P/N's in hand, and a typed up list of EVERY issue I have ever had with the USB port. I am going to go there ONE time.....if not.....I will be bringing my business to another dealer..... have my Camaro, My Caddy, AND this includes the new GM SUV I am about to buy....someone else will get that business too! they will either do it right the first time, or they can KMA!

cmore 08-23-2011 03:18 PM

They will probable have to order u a new PDIM. Unless they have already done this, it will be at least 2 trips.

homerlex 08-23-2011 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmore (Post 3659018)
They will probable have to order u a new PDIM. Unless they have already done this, it will be at least 2 trips.

Agreed. I emailed my service department and they ordered the part before I even setup an appointment. So, it was 1 trip for me :w00t:

cmore 08-23-2011 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homerlex (Post 3659028)
Agreed. I emailed my service department and they ordered the part before I even setup an appointment. So, it was 1 trip for me :w00t:

Sounds like they have a good service department.