Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   New PDIM Hardware and Software Available! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108097)

Sir Nuke 08-24-2011 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc (Post 3664403)
If you guys need help in getting this resolved just send me your name and phone number and the same for your dealerships and I'll call and what I can to assist. Hopefully this gets you guys squared away.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service

JEFF, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

It NEVER hurts to have someone on the INSIDE having your back.

Thanks Again :thumbup:

AUS10BMX 08-24-2011 06:27 PM

Mine was installed today! It's gotta stay over night to be finished in the morning, speakers blew out when the crack/snap noise occurred from the PDIM flipping out one day.

Will post back tomorrow with the results!

i007spectre 08-24-2011 06:59 PM

What about me Jeff, you ever get ahold of mine. They called and said it was in, but i really am skeptical that its the right one.

Sir Nuke 08-24-2011 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i007spectre (Post 3665645)
What about me Jeff, you ever get ahold of mine. They called and said it was in, but i really am skeptical that its the right one.

all you need to do to KNOW what version you have and what hardware was installed......do the following:

go to your car and insert a flashdrive or anything into the USB turn the audio system on. it SHOULD look at and verify everything that is curretly attached, such as FM, AM, XM, USB, AND AUX. INPUT. select USB so that its active. THEN push in and hold down the MENU buttom and keep it held down for 8 to 10 seconds and on the display it will have the HW (hardware) and SW (softwear) versions of your PDIM......if you got the LATEST AND GREATEST.....you should have HW: DB SW: DD that is the latest update available.....if the HW version is DB but has anything other than DD your dealer can flash the system to DD. IF they installed a PDIM with a HW version of DA.....they did NOT install the latest and greatest version in your car.

Dznyfn 08-24-2011 08:56 PM

OK, I have been reading all the issues with the dealers and it makes me feel really good about mine now. here is some background info

My bluetooth would randomly drop out and I would be unable to answer a call. Took it to the dealer and "Service writer 1" stated that I needed to leave my phone with them for the day, REALLY? Leave my iphone 4 with all my info? NOT gonna happen.

Went back two weeks later to my normal "service writer 2" and noticed "service writer 1" was no longer there. Explained what was going on with my bluetooth and told him the TSB #. "NO Problem" we will get right on it and new module was ordered after car was diagnosed. I asked what happened with "service writer 1" and he said that he was let go by not truely and completely investigating the customer complaints.

So, from where I stand it may not be the "Dealership" but just the service writer and the owner of the Dealership may not be aware of what is really going on in the service dept. I may be in a unique situation as my family have been friends with the owners for a very long time.

shiftz33 08-24-2011 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R&D (Post 3662305)
Has any anyone had the SW flashed from HW/DB SW/DB to SW/DD by a dealer?

Went to pickup my Camaro after having the AFM lifters replaced. The shop foreman was trying to help me get my HW/DB / SW/DB PDIM updated to SW/DD. After he was able to drill into the configuration/calibrations for the PDIM he found that no newer software download part number was available to download into the PDIM than what it already has installed. He showed me the screen showing the version installed in the PDIM and latest update for the PDIM and they were the same part number.

At this point in time, it appears that a service department cannot update a HW/DB PDIM to SW/DD.

The only way to get SW/DD right now is purchasing the latest/greatest PDIM part number 22797218.

cmore 08-25-2011 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shiftz33 (Post 3666727)
Went to pickup my Camaro after having the AFM lifters replaced. The shop foreman was trying to help me get my HW/DB / SW/DB PDIM updated to SW/DD. After he was able to drill into the configuration/calibrations for the PDIM he found that no newer software download part number was available to download into the PDIM than what it already has installed. He showed me the screen showing the version installed in the PDIM and latest update for the PDIM and they were the same part number.

At this point in time, it appears that a service department cannot update a HW/DB PDIM to SW/DD.

The only way to get SW/DD right now is purchasing the latest/greatest PDIM part number 22797218.

U and the dealer need to read PI0055B it covers 2010 and 2011 models and also states they should update the hardware. I had the same issue as have some of the 2010 owners. The PI flatly states that they should update the hardware. I was also told I would have to buy the new PDIM, which was wrong. It took a while but I finally got them to follow it. Hang in there.

PS
By update I meant change out with the newer module.

AUS10BMX 08-25-2011 07:43 AM

My dealer said they flashed a few, but they actually took my entire module out and put a new one in, a part number I gave them to order. Then they will program it. I pick the car up today. I didn't want to chance flashing and it not work.

shiftz33 08-25-2011 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmore (Post 3667344)
U and the dealer need to read PI0055B it covers 2010 and 2011 models and also states they should update the hardware. I had the same issue as have some of the 2010 owners. The PI flatly states that they should update the hardware. I was also told I would have to buy the new PDIM, which was wrong. It took a while but I finally got them to follow it. Hang in there.

PS
By update I meant change out with the newer module.

The shop foreman and I had read PI0055B. I was the one that gave the shop foreman a copy of PI0055B. I ALREADY have hardware revision 'DB'. I installed that PDIM (PN 20985421) several months back before PI0055B was available. I purchased it myself and installed it to get hardware revision 'DB'. That's what gave me hardware DB and software DB.

Step 7 of PI0055B states that the PDIM (termed MPIM in this document) should be reprogrammed with the latest calibration. The shop foreman showed me the TIS2WEB screen where it showed the part number of the calibration in my PDIM and what was available via TIS2WEB and there was only one part number (calibration) listed and that was the same one already in the unit.

The fact that I had PI0055B in hand was the only reason he knew/agreed to try and update the PDIM calibration, but there does not appear to be a calibration in TIS2WEB above 'DB' for hardware 'DB'. At least yet.

cmore 08-25-2011 08:48 AM

I guess the sw update process is behind the documentation process. Wonder why they can not get the newest sw update.

R&D 08-25-2011 08:56 AM

Dealer replaced HW=DB SW=DB with 22797218

Quote:

The dealer replaced the hardware free under warranty. Now everthing works great. Now at DB=HW and DD=SW But it took going to a second dealer, the first one said that the SW was up to date and there was nothing else they would do.

Chevrolet Customer Svc 08-25-2011 09:03 AM

spectre, I left my name and phone number for them to call me on Monday and so far not a peep out of them. Is there a number for the dealer at large that I could call to get a hold of them. It's really tough getting a hold of the employee you're working with! Thanks for the kind words Sir Nuke. I'm here to help so anything you guys need I'm here for you.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service

Dogditcher 08-25-2011 09:53 AM

Same issue as Shiftz33
Quote:

Same problem here -Took to dealer Tuesday for update from HW-DB SW-DB to HW-DB SW-DD .Dealer had car for appx. hour said I was all set drove off lot as usb was indexing 4 minutes into indexing switches to device not found then to last radio setting then back to trying to index USB -the same issue i drove in with -I check USB/menu and still showing old HW-DB. SW-DB .Headed back to dealer grabbed service manager loaded USB and
it displayed indexing but this time it finishes and operates correctly
:iono:

Tell him sorry for wasting his time and drive off -Problem starts back up and I just head home- So is the update for SW-DB TO SW-DD not really out there and only fix is new module #22797218 that has the update
At this point just going to wait it out till i take in for Oil change hopefully it will be worked out by then-

i007spectre 08-25-2011 10:16 AM

Like I said Jeff they have me coming in today, they claim they have the right one now. But if it is not I will tell them that they need to listen to your message and get ahold of you.