Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction - V6 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   IPF Camaro V6 vs Procharger Mustang V6 (Soon) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=307174)

MagnumForceGB 07-13-2013 03:56 PM

IPF Camaro V6 vs Procharger Mustang V6 (Soon)

1 Attachment(s)
So I just bought an IPF Supercharger System for my 2010 and will be installing it within the next month. The install will probably take a while since its Oklahoma, the temps are going to be over 100 degrees and I really don't want to die before I feel the boost.

For those that don't know, my wife has a 2012 Mustang V6 and we race each other constantly on the drag strip. We had planned on eventually working our way up to both of us being supercharged but a deal came up that was too good to pass and we went ahead and bought mine (thanks IBM Camaro).

Hopefully next year we can start racing each other as supercharged vehicles. I still have to go through one more beating by my wife at the track before I install the supercharger though.

When I start the install I will post pictures and give updates. I plan on after the install and a few hundred miles to get a dyno to make sure everything is running great.

IPF is a great company with excellent customer support. Andy has been e-mailing me on a Saturday answering all my questions. Can't wait to see what this kit does to my car. Too bad my little 245 all-season tires might be getting burned down by the power.

Mods:
VMAX Ported Throttle Body
MACE Stage 4 Ported Intake Manifold
MACE Plenum Spacer
RX Black Ice-olator
American Racing Headers headers
ARK DT-S

JohnnyBfromPeoria 07-13-2013 04:07 PM

I finished my install in light rain (no garage). I could do it a second time in a single day, I'm sure, but it took me a whole weekend on mine.

Your tires will hold up for a while, as the power doesn't hit hard down low, making it easy to get off the line with little slip. Just watch how it hits in the middle of an intersection when you are getting on it and the RPM's get above 3K.

It's a great system to install and pretty much forget about, aside from oil changes, which are about as easy as getting a cup to hold the 4 oz. of oil that comes out and having the factory bottle to shoot back in. Mine just sits there whirring until I need to apply some throttle and away we go. I'd never go back.

John B.

KMPrenger 07-13-2013 06:30 PM

Wow, congrats man!

I've been following your Husband vs Wife thread in the versus section and that is pretty damn cool. Now it will be hoot when you two are both supercharged.

I know on your track that ALL cars run slow and that currently you guys (you and your wife's mustang) are running in 14.5 - 15 second range....which is saying something since your cars also have pretty much all the bolt ons.

I'd guess you should be taking about a second or more off that time once your boost comes in. Throw some stickier tires out back and I'm sure you could do even better.

Nutbutt 07-13-2013 06:36 PM

Totally agree ! The IPF system is great fun and the performance is really surprising to most everyone !
Get ready for a permagrin every time you drive it. :happyanim:

Vader2011v6 07-14-2013 04:23 AM

Congrats on the new supercharger . Another member of the FI v6 family

sycraft 07-14-2013 06:28 AM

Welcome, there is a load of knowledge on these IPF systems here, If you need anything or have any questions, shoot them to us, one of us probably has an answer. Let the fun begin.

MagnumForceGB 07-15-2013 08:51 PM

Its going to be a fun install, but I love working on my car. Wife said she will help me, so she will be getting her hands dirty.

Might be installing next week if I get everything situated (tune and some small parts). We will be racing this Friday though, see what our cars will do with all our bolt-ons, then next week see how much my time improved with the charger.

DarkneZZ 07-15-2013 11:56 PM

hey guys,
I am looking to turbocharge/supercharge my v6 sometime next year.
I would like to ask you about a TRUE cost.
I won't be installing it myself, so supercharger kit + installation + (do we need Brembo calipers if engine is going to be more powerful?) + (some other costs?)

Your help and answers would be greatly appreciated.

kenkartasasmita 07-16-2013 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkneZZ (Post 6782859)
hey guys,
I won't be installing it myself, so supercharger kit + installation + (do we need Brembo calipers if engine is going to be more powerful?) + (some other costs?)

brembos from a member here is around $800 - $1000 for a complete set and depend on the condition. for installation i heard its around $1k. and supercharger from ipf is $6k something. so do your math. hehe

lscamaro 07-16-2013 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkneZZ (Post 6782859)
hey guys,

It really depends what you intend to do with the car. You honestly don't need the brembos unless you plan to do some serious racing. Suspension would be a lot more beneficial to get the power to the floor

DarkneZZ 07-16-2013 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lscamaro (Post 6782989)
It really depends what you intend to do with the car. You honestly don't need the brembos unless you plan to do some serious racing. Suspension would be a lot more beneficial to get the power to the floor

Well, it will be 90% city driving. No drag racing, no tracks, I just want it to be more responsive from dead stop to 60mph.
You sure brembos are not needed? Seems like a obvious and necessary upgrade that should come with more power

What about winter driving with a supercharger?!

lscamaro 07-16-2013 02:59 AM

Yea, if you aren't going to be racing then you don't really need the brembos. Brembos really only help brake fade which would be hard to experience in a non track scenario. You'd be better off just swapping pads if you wanted more stopping power. If the car is just going to be a daily, I don't think you'll need more than the supercharger. It's when you go to drag race or auto cross that you'll need suspension to really put the power to use

JohnnyBfromPeoria 07-16-2013 05:20 AM

Stock V-6 brakes haul these cars down within a few feet of an SS on cold stops. It's only when repeated hard use starts in, like on an autocross or a road track that you would notice any difference.

My IPF S/C is on and I've upgraded nothing, and I mean nothing, that was necessary, as there just isn't anything else you HAVE to do for a daily driver.

John B.

Sikoriko 07-16-2013 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyBfromPeoria (Post 6783173)
Stock V-6 brakes haul these cars down within a few feet of an SS on cold stops. It's only when repeated hard use starts in, like on an autocross or a road track that you would notice any difference.

My IPF S/C is on and I've upgraded nothing, and I mean nothing, that was necessary, as there just isn't anything else you HAVE to do for a daily driver.

John B.

I second this, unless you are going to Watin Glenns or Sonoma raceway you don't need the bigger brakes. I installed front 2010 CTS calipers, dual piston 45mm. direct bolt on. using ceramic pads. they grab when needed.