Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Ask Detailer's Domain (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100053)

DetailersDomain 05-17-2011 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbonet (Post 3231675)
I just got my 2011 Camaro in April. I was wondering how often I should wax my car? I've washed it every week since I've gotten it, and I use a California duster in between since I live in the desert and sand flies on it when the wind picks up around here.

some have stated you can wax every oil change or you can wax every month if you like.

RanDMC 05-19-2011 12:43 PM

Do I need to do anything special for clayig and waxing on a car with vinyl stripes? I know I am supposed to avoid the area, but do I need to mask them or just try not to get too close?

Blackshirt56 05-19-2011 12:57 PM

I have a Black SS. I wash and wax it with whatever they use at the car wash or I do the wax myself with Turtle Wax's "black box", Black Carnauba Wax.... The next day I park outside my office and even if it doesn't rain here in Miami, I come out at the end of the day and I have water marks all over the car that burned in from sitting all day.... PLEASE HELP!!!!!

What wax do you recommend for a new black car that sits in the sun all day and might get rained on???

DetailersDomain 05-19-2011 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RanDMC (Post 3239996)
Do I need to do anything special for clayig and waxing on a car with vinyl stripes? I know I am supposed to avoid the area, but do I need to wask them or just try not to get too close?

avoid the vinyl stripes don't clay them. it will mar up the vinyl, ask me how I know.

DetailersDomain 05-19-2011 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackshirt56 (Post 3240054)
I have a Black SS. I wash and wax it with whatever they use at the car wash or I do the wax myself with Turtle Wax's "black box", Black Carnauba Wax.... The next day I park outside my office and even if it doesn't rain here in Miami, I come out at the end of the day and I have water marks all over the car that burned in from sitting all day.... PLEASE HELP!!!!!

What wax do you recommend for a new black car that sits in the sun all day and might get rained on???

are you parked near a sprinkler...

you may need to polish the water spots off.

RanDMC 05-20-2011 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DetailersDomain (Post 3240861)
avoid the vinyl stripes don't clay them. it will mar up the vinyl, ask me how I know.

So I don't need to mask them, just avoid going over the edge? Is the same true for using Klasse Sealant?

DetailersDomain 05-20-2011 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RanDMC (Post 3243247)
So I don't need to mask them, just avoid going over the edge? Is the same true for using Klasse Sealant?

if you are afraid of hitting them while you polish and wax you should mask it.

race29 06-08-2011 02:53 PM

Hi
Just got my new Camaro SS. Wondering what the best products are to buy to keep it clean and shiny without damaging anything.
Thanks
Robin

DetailersDomain 06-08-2011 06:38 PM

you can't go wrong with

Adam's Essentials Kit

MLP52 06-13-2011 09:10 AM

Rally Stripes

What is the best product to use on my flat black stripes on my car?

DetailersDomain 06-13-2011 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MLP52 (Post 3332942)
What is the best product to use on my flat black stripes on my car?

vinyl matte black?

babaron 06-22-2011 01:05 PM

drying the car

Would you recommend a specific brand of Microfiber towel to use that would minimize risk of scratching clear coat; or would you recommend something else to dry the washed car, like a chamois?

thanks,

Ron

DetailersDomain 06-22-2011 01:08 PM

For paint here is what I would recommend.

Uber No Name
Uber Classic
Adam's Single Soft
Adam's Double Soft

babaron 07-10-2011 01:54 PM

OK. Great. I just got some Maguiars Ultimate liquid wax. I put it on my white car but can't "see" the wax against the white paint very well to know where I skipped and need to go over again. To see it as I apply it, I have to look at bright light reflections like I'm looking for swirl marks. Are all waxes going to be this hard to see on white paint or is there a specific recommendation for another kind/type of wax.

Thanks!