Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chevy Camaro vs... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   2012 CTS-V vs 2012 Camaro ZL1 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185617)

TriGun 12-02-2011 12:47 PM

2012 CTS-V vs 2012 Camaro ZL1

2012 CTS-V

http://www.cadillac.com/content/dam/...960x400-06.jpg

http://www.cadillac.com/content/dam/...960x400-04.jpg

The 2012 CTS-V Coupe is the complete package—a stunning, high-performance sport coupe with overt styling and extraordinary capability on the road. The Eaton-supercharged and intercooled 6.2L V8 engine generates a massive 556 horsepower and 551 lb.-ft. of torque. Put the power to the pavement with your choice of an available TREMEC ® 6-speed manual shifter or Hydra-Matic 6-speed automatic. Once launched, performance handling is assured by a Nürburgring ® -tuned suspension fitted with revolutionary dual-mode Magnetic Ride Control that reacts in the blink of an eye to changing demands. And race-inspired Brembo ® disc brakes—6-piston in front, 4-piston in back—deliver massive stopping power. Inside, the driver-centric ****pit features full instrumentation with LED-traced gauges that flash as redline approaches and an available g-meter that communicates lateral acceleration. Available bolstered RECARO ® performance seats keep the driver firmly planted during performance driving. The 2012 CTS-V Coupe. Stunning in every way.

2012 Camaro ZL1

http://www.chevrolet.com/assets/en/i...gal_ext_04.jpg

http://www.chevrolet.com/assets/en/i...gal_ext_11.jpg

The 580-horsepower, 556 lb.-ft. of torque, 6.2-liter supercharged V8 engine can be mated to a Tremec® 6-speed manual (MG9) or HydraMatic ® 6L90 automatic transmission. This aluminum-block engine is based on GM's legendary small block V8 architecture and features an intercooled supercharger system and premium heat-resistant aluminum alloy cylinder heads.

The ZL1 is remarkably comfortable on the street—and capable on the track—thanks to a series of new applications and refinements to the chassis system, including the latest generation of Magnetic Ride technology. The bushings, mounts, dampers and tires have all been tuned for this vehicle's high-performance dynamics. New springs lower the vehicle to reduce its center of gravity for improved braking and handling. Both the front and rear stabilizer bars have been completely redesigned for a dramatic decrease in roll and precisely tuned for perfect handling balance.

ZL1 is equipped with a Brembo ® brake system with massive 14.6" front rotors, and is considered world-class in the high-performance, luxury vehicle niche. The unique, two-piece design provides excellent fade resistance and is engineered to stand up to repeated high-speed stops. Huge six-piston monobloc calipers are asymmetrically laid out in the front, with four pistons in the rear. Brake cooling ducts route air from the fascia to the rotor and caliper.

And the price difference is less than 10k$

Which one you will go for?

Phantom.5SS 12-02-2011 12:57 PM

The driver-centric ****pit features full instrumentation with LED-traced gauges that flash as redline approaches and an available g-meter that communicates lateral acceleration.

REALLY:..we cant say ****pit anymore without "STAR"-ing it out...this site is hilarious.....

Anyhow: Good question OP....The ZL-1 is a little more in my wallet range but I have a dealer willing to nearly even swap a CTS-V for one of my classic cars.

LUV the V but the Camaro guy in me says to wait for my raise at work and go "Z"....

OK executive decision...money aside it would be the CTS-V!!

SSMickey 12-02-2011 01:00 PM

The ZL1 of course. My kids are grown and gone. Well, most of the time! They do come back sometimes. The wife and I are now spending their inheritance, plus we like the looks of the Camaro better.

TriGun 12-02-2011 01:10 PM

Regarding some posts in this forum, the ZL1 will have many replica on the streets.

But the CTS-V has a matching performance to the ZL1 and a unique styling although I don't like it.

SSmoked 12-02-2011 01:11 PM

I really wish they had added recaro's as a option for the ZL1, those seats are sooo nice to sit on they bolster very well and are very comfortable.
The CTs-V coupe is ugly as sin, the 4 door CTS-V is very sexy, but not ZL1 sexy.

506JTF 12-02-2011 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TriGun (Post 4108752)
Regarding some posts in this forum, the ZL1 will have many replica on the streets.

But the CTS-V has a matching performance to the ZL1 and a unique styling although I don't like it.

Yeah but who clones a cts-v? I think for most people, the cts-v lacks that internal desire that people get when they think about the zl1.

Rice Killer 12-02-2011 02:14 PM

Performance wise: The ZL1 is an all round better performer.

Money wise: the ZL1 is less money. Although the V is holding its value surprisingly well, I think the ZL1 will hold it's value better.

Looks wise: All matter of opinion but I like the looks of the Camaro better.

Ride quality: Should be about the same.

The V is more luxurious so it really comes down to that. Does one want luxury or one bada$$ mofo?

monstertodd 12-02-2011 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phantom.5SS (Post 4108710)
The driver-centric ****pit features full instrumentation with LED-traced gauges that flash as redline approaches and an available g-meter that communicates lateral acceleration.

REALLY:..we cant say ****pit anymore without "STAR"-ing it out...this site is hilarious.....

Anyhow: Good question OP....The ZL-1 is a little more in my wallet range but I have a dealer willing to nearly even swap a CTS-V for one of my classic cars.

LUV the V but the Camaro guy in me says to wait for my raise at work and go "Z"....

OK executive decision...money aside it would be the CTS-V!!

Are you effing kidding me? They starred out c0ckpit?

DevilKnightFalcon 12-02-2011 03:11 PM

If you're going to the track then go ZL1. If you are a business person and will drive it everyday then the CTS-V. I personally love the look of the CTS-V coupe and the interior quality is a night and day difference with the ZL1. It just really depends on what you are looking for.

Supercamaro64 12-02-2011 03:47 PM

Im a muscle car guy. The V is cool, but it sure as hell isnt a camaro. Id rather have the camaro.

506JTF 12-02-2011 03:47 PM

The cts v coupe does look like a station wagon... I would take the 4 door cts-v

bowtiefamily 12-02-2011 03:55 PM

Who cares what people clone? The ZL1 will be a better collector car and is much more iconic. The V is also nice I would love to have both! But the ZL1 is my choice!

htron50 12-02-2011 03:56 PM

Shoot. the CTS-V is only for those 75 and above! You 75? No? Get the ZL1.

Kluch 12-02-2011 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htron50 (Post 4109572)
Shoot. the CTS-V is only for those 75 and above! You 75? No? Get the ZL1.

Dude, that stereotype is about as accurate as me saying that a camaro is for guys in wife beaters who can't afford a vette. No need to trash the V to support camaro. We're on the same team. I'll hope you were just joking.