Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Another tune thread for LLT (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=535317)

PoorMansCamaro 07-31-2018 11:21 PM

Another tune thread for LLT

Alright guys/gals, it's been a LOOOONG time since I've looked into modding the LLT. Used to have every mod under the sun for my old LLT and used a Trifecta tune. Was awesome at first, but got super tired of it, from the lack of support, and having to email, wait for email, back and forth. This was back in 2011-2012.

I have since gotten rid of that car and now I have another LLT (wifes car), 2011 auto. I'm wanting to throw some long tubes on her and then a 75-100shot of nitrous. Simple, quick, and to the point. I have everything I need, just need to be installed. I've had these parts for a good 4 or 5 years. lol But i'm not sure if the tuning has changed? any good tuning options? Last I heard, HPtuners was working on it. I would like a dyno tuning option, not an email box tune.

tl;dr: What are the best tuning options for the LLT? Prefer dyno tune option, not box/email tunes.

MagnumForceGB 07-31-2018 11:27 PM

HP Tuners has unlocked majority of the tables in the LLT, if you have a dyno tuner that is familiar with the Cobalt SS engine (LNF) then they can tune the LLT.

PoorMansCamaro 07-31-2018 11:29 PM

wow, thanks for the quick reply! i'll call around and see what they say!:thanks:

Kid 08-01-2018 04:28 PM

Don't knock a mail order tune. I have an Overkill (not Supercharged) tune that was emailed to me. I sent one log back, and the second tune was absolutely perfect!. More power, no dead spots, better throttle response throughout the rpm range. If I had an auto, I'm sure the shifts would feel much better.

PoorMansCamaro 08-01-2018 04:40 PM

I'm sure box tunes work great for lots of people, but my experience with them hasn't been the greatest. Also, working with nitrous and being able to switch out different size jets, i'd like to tune on the spot. As with SC or turbo, if you want to increase or lower boost, you'd have to wait for an email to update the tune. Sometimes it's almost instant, sometimes it's a few days later.

MagnumForceGB 08-03-2018 08:52 AM

If you feel adventurous, you can buy HP Tuners and start to tune on your own. Plenty of guides out there and it is easy to get power out of the LLT.

Can't_C_Me 09-13-2018 04:26 PM

I see the LLT OG's are still around lol!!

dianeokie 02-13-2019 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me (Post 10310352)
I see the LLT OG's are still around lol!!

Yep, and I want to find out how much you might pay to get an HP tune from a tuner.......