Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction - V8 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Edelbrock Supercharger, Help please (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210190)

tjbusa 03-17-2012 10:27 AM

Edelbrock Supercharger, Help please

I am wanting to buy the #1598 kit for my LS3 or the #1599 competition kit. If I go the #1599 route, what injectors should I
buy to give me the best safe bang for the buck???? I will buy the aluminum Edelbrock coil covers seperate to dress it out if I go #1599.

JANNETTYRACING 03-17-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjbusa (Post 4660366)
I am wanting to buy the #1598 kit for my LS3 or the #1599 competition kit. If I go the #1599 route, what injectors should I
buy to give me the best safe bang for the buck???? I will buy the aluminum Edelbrock coil covers seperate to dress it out if I go #1599.

Hello TJ, the Edelbrock Comp kit is missing a lot of parts, Pulley Belt injectors map sensor engine covers and related hardware, tuner which you will need, etc.

There may be more but this is just off the top of my head.

I can provide you with a Full Kit, less the tuner if need be, (if you already have and SCT) my fuel line upgrade, and a custom tune to work with your current mods.

The ZR-1 injectors that come with the Edelbrock are good to about 550 RWHP, ID-850s is what we would recommend for anything higher than this.

Ted.

sscamaro 03-17-2012 12:36 PM

Try Southern Car Parts in Georgia.

tjbusa 03-18-2012 07:34 AM

Thanks Ted, the #1599 is out, I am in the hunt for the complete package, #1598. I don't have a SCT tuner, I have a diablo-sport Predator and it looks like I will get another one to go with it, included in the package. The tuner will get me out of my garage to where I can get to a local dyno shop. I would bring the car to Jannetty Racing in a heartbeat if you were closer.

I looked at Southern Car Parts, they didn't have the supercharger I want, I'm pretty bent on the Edelbrock.

Whipped416 03-18-2012 12:36 PM

why the edelbrock?

tjbusa 03-18-2012 12:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attention to detail more than anything else.

Hendrix-Engineering 03-18-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjbusa (Post 4663912)
Thanks Ted, the #1599 is out, I am in the hunt for the complete package, #1598. I don't have a SCT tuner, I have a diablo-sport Predator and it looks like I will get another one to go with it, included in the package. The tuner will get me out of my garage to where I can get to a local dyno shop. I would bring the car to Jannetty Racing in a heartbeat if you were closer.

I looked at Southern Car Parts, they didn't have the supercharger I want, I'm pretty bent on the Edelbrock.

We can get you a great price on the Eldelbrock you want and may have a dealer in your area.We also have unbeatable prices on axles when you make a fi purchase,give us a call if we can help you

tjbusa 03-18-2012 01:39 PM

Thanks everybody, I will be calling and checking to hurry and get one on the way.

JANNETTYRACING 03-19-2012 07:29 AM

Quote:

Your Welcome, The Edelbrock Comes with SCT I know some of the pictures were circulated with Diablo predator but they never used them for the Camaro or Vette.

Don't forget your JRE fuel line upgrade kit.:D

I can still give you Full Support Remotely.

Ted.

sscamaro 03-19-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

I got the my Edelbrock from them. I had mine in 3 working days after I ordered it by phone. Give them a call. Mine wasn't in stock in Georgia, but was shipped from a warehouse in PA.

tjbusa 03-19-2012 02:34 PM

Thanks sscamaro, I had to call them, it seems only the SLP TVS supercharger comes up when doing a camaro listing. I did give em a shot....

I got a PM from a C5 sponsor and ordered the #1598 kit. I don't care if other Camaro's are faster than mine, but I couldn't stand other supercharged mustangs to be.

sscamaro 03-19-2012 03:03 PM

I'm glad you found one. I'm really happy with mine, except I was running out of fuel at 6500 rpm.

Next week i'll be installing a new ZL1 fuel pump and a Jennetty fuel rail upgrade kit. After that my tuner will install 72# injectors and retune it.

tjbusa 03-19-2012 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sscamaro (Post 4670328)
I'm glad you found one. I'm really happy with mine, except I was running out of fuel at 6500 rpm.

Next week i'll be installing a new ZL1 fuel pump and a Jennetty fuel rail upgrade kit. After that my tuner will install 72# injectors and retune it.

enough is never enough

tjbusa 03-20-2012 07:30 PM

Anybody out there have mods for a CAI, I have a K&N typhoon, wonder if I can make that work. Guess I need a good catchcan too.