Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   First Post + Interior Question (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=215858)

mrlogan 04-11-2012 03:30 PM

First Post + Interior Question

Hey guys, long time lurker, decided to join up today. I loved this car ever since I saw it in Transformers, but when I test drove one I couldn't get over the interior.

Fast forward a couple years and I test drove a ZL1, which is an AMAZING car, and the interior seems improved (modern steering wheel, slightly different accents, alacantra, etc). However it still seems a bit lacking, and the gauges near the gear shift are useless. Has anyone done any sort of custom work to their interior to improve it?

I was thinking about getting a ZL1, but thought my money might be better spend on a base SS model and the extra money going into interior and engine mods. This will be my long term summer fun car so I don't care about the resale value.

BowtieBelle 04-11-2012 03:32 PM

You got to test drive a ZL-1? I'd LOVE to hear more about how THAT happened... :popcorn:

That being said, lots of people have done custom interior work, myself included; with such a broad spectrum of different things you can do, the :search: function is your best bet and will yield tons of results for you to peruse. Welcome around!

(IB4 Sir Nuke and the fridge :D )

bhall82 04-11-2012 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrlogan (Post 4790228)
Hey guys, long time lurker, decided to join up today. I loved this car ever since I saw it in Transformers, but when I test drove one I couldn't get over the interior.

Fast forward a couple years and I test drove a ZL1, which is an AMAZING car, and the interior seems improved (modern steering wheel, slightly different accents, alacantra, etc). However it still seems a bit lacking, and the gauges near the gear shift are useless. Has anyone done any sort of custom work to their interior to improve it?

I was thinking about getting a ZL1, but thought my money might be better spend on a base SS model and the extra money going into interior and engine mods. This will be my long term summer fun car so I don't care about the resale value.

Get the mustang. They have first class interior :headbang:

BowtieBelle 04-11-2012 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhall82 (Post 4790252)
Get the mustang. They have first class interior :headbang:

You are KILLING it today, B. :bow: :sm0:

Dznts 04-11-2012 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BowtieBelle (Post 4790284)

:bellyroll:

bhall82 04-11-2012 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BowtieBelle (Post 4790284)

:laugh::thumbsup: :wub:

CamaroFemme 04-11-2012 03:56 PM

I'm honestly, seriously, completely not trying to be a witch here.

I had no idea people who bought muscle cars cared that much about the interior. :D Does it have a speedometer and a fuel gauge? Yes? Good to go.

The fact that it has heated seats, awesome retro-nod gauges, leather, etc....is all just gravy on top of gravy.

I completely understand wanting to optimize all things Camaro, or if you are a modder you want to make it yours -but in general - eh, the interior's good enough for me.:iono:

BowtieBelle 04-11-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroFemme (Post 4790415)

I had no idea people who bought muscle cars cared that much about the interior. :D Does it have a speedometer and a fuel gauge? Yes? Good to go.

The fact that it has heated seats, awesome retro-nod gauges, leather, etc....is all just gravy on top of gravy.

I completely understand wanting to optimize all things Camaro, or if you are a modder you want to make it yours -but in general - eh, the interior's good enough for me.:iono:

:clap::word::respekt:

The Stig 04-11-2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrlogan (Post 4790228)

A) What dealer let you test drive a ZL1?

B) the four gauge pack isn't useless. It has your boost gauge for starters.

bhall82 04-11-2012 04:03 PM

Quote:

Well said. but honestly im thinking troll. That's why I gave the response I did :laugh:

BowtieBelle 04-11-2012 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stieger (Post 4790443)
A) What dealer let you test drive a ZL1?

B) the four gauge pack isn't useless. It has your boost gauge for starters.

:word::word:

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhall82 (Post 4790471)
Well said. but honestly im thinking troll. That's why I gave the response I did :laugh:

Me asking about this mythical ZL-1 test drive was a little laden with sarcasm-- since no one's had one to test drive.... I'm thinking :troll: too.

bhall82 04-11-2012 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BowtieBelle (Post 4790501)
:word::word:

Me asking about this mythical ZL-1 test drive was a little laden with sarcasm-- since no one's had one to test drive.... I'm thinking :troll: too.

:word:

CAM....ZL1 04-11-2012 04:26 PM

Quote:

+1

2001ragtop 04-11-2012 04:36 PM

First post and you say "I test drove a ZL1". Lol

And you are focused on how the steering wheel looks? and the interior?

You say it is "amazing", without defining why you think that.

TRANSFORMERS is why you like the ZL1 ? (how old are you)

Where is this magical place where you can test drive ZL1s? Especially since they only started to ship them like 2 weeks ago ?

LOL :D