Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Okay So Who's Tha rookie (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35325)

mike25 08-03-2009 12:32 AM

it amazes me that so many people are willing to jump to conclusions when they clearly dont know if there was more to the situation..

1320junkie 08-03-2009 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PieNsky (Post 749067)
Damn, bunch of judgmental people on here. People make mistakes. He wasn't expecting the back end to come around on him like that.

Exactly

Quote:

Originally Posted by UltimateAdam (Post 750683)
Its very relieving to know that while I STILL haven't gotten the car I ordered a year ago, dumb @$$es like this can wreck theirs. yay.

Really it happens to professional drag racers often

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vash (Post 750737)
Yea looks like an oil or water spot, lost traction and since the system was off the back end came out. It could happen to anyone really even a pro.

Exactly he probably had all systems off..he should have just turned traction control off and ran it...but stuff happens...atleast he got out there on the track and attempted to run it instead of being a parking lot queen sitting reving the engine and sitting around taking pictures of his car all of the time...it amazes me how non-racers or non-track enthusiast can critique a pass never having any experience themselves on the 1320

SleepWarz 08-03-2009 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike25 (Post 751581)
it amazes me that so many people are willing to jump to conclusions when they clearly dont know if there was more to the situation..

I watched him stand on the throttle from the time he left till the time he just about hit the wall. Wheelspinning all the way. What conclusions are there to jump to? He's lucky it wasn't worse. Maybe without these safetynets of control systems some would try harder to learn how to control their car.

And yes it totally happens to professional racers, just not like that. The skidout was unexpected, spinning like that was stupid. In my opinion.

Mindz 08-03-2009 01:31 AM

Looks like teambadass from c5, that's a low 11's car if I'm not mistaken. He had the 11.49 record at one point. It was fine until it started slipping and then it was already too late.

Supermans 08-03-2009 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mindz (Post 751666)
Looks like teambadass from c5, that's a low 11's car if I'm not mistaken. He had the 11.49 record at one point. It was fine until it started slipping and then it was already too late.

That was my first thought..

Maro10SS 08-03-2009 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djsnoflake (Post 749415)
If you read the youtube video description, using the little Spanish I know, it happened at a track in Guadalahara New Mexico

EDIT: Also a good reason to leave Traction Control ON for the first few times!

Just a correction, I saw the vid and NOWHERE did it say Guadalahara New Mexico. Guadalahara is in Mexico and has nothing to do with NEW MEXICO.
Mexico and New Mexico are 2 totally different places.

aircooled 08-03-2009 06:47 AM

All I can say is WTF the dude that came out the passenger side looked pretty young and you didn't see if there was anyone still in the drivers seat before the vid stopped so what I'm wonderin is, was it HIS car or his daddy's.

Cause I remember a while back our local track had what they called "spectator racing" sign the waver, buckle the helmet and seat belt and you could race 5 other cars on the oval track. Proof of ownership was not required (at that time) kid signed his name and went racin, second lap turn one put his "DADDY'S" NEW vette into the wall.

chevyridinghigh 08-03-2009 06:56 AM

That's embarassing to watch.

mike25 08-03-2009 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SleepWarz (Post 751644)
I watched him stand on the throttle from the time he left till the time he just about hit the wall. Wheelspinning all the way. What conclusions are there to jump to? He's lucky it wasn't worse. Maybe without these safetynets of control systems some would try harder to learn how to control their car.

And yes it totally happens to professional racers, just not like that. The skidout was unexpected, spinning like that was stupid. In my opinion.

ive watched 600hp mustangs spin their wheels half way down the track....whats your point?

1320junkie 08-03-2009 10:43 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToeeOxbRS-w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFOTPsOF--o

Rikarus 08-03-2009 11:15 AM

Not necessarily a rookie, but the car did get away from him, I hate to see guys have that happen at the track....condolences.

PieNsky 08-03-2009 11:19 AM

I was thinking about this and recalled that something similar happened to me. It had rained and the road was mostly dry when I took my 68 Camaro out for a drive. I had my younger brother in it and wanted to show him the torque it had while in 4th.
Yeah, you already know what happens next.
What I did wrong was floored it and let off of it. It spun the tires and, about a second or two later, I did a 360.
Posi 4:11

ffrcobra_65 08-03-2009 11:37 AM

"S*^T Happens" no matter how good you are. Too many bench racers here.

1320junkie 08-03-2009 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 (Post 752793)
"S*^T Happens" no matter how good you are? Too many bench racers here.

:thumbsup::thumbsup: