Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Interpret Dyno Sheet (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209046)

dorfmac 03-12-2012 12:24 PM

Interpret Dyno Sheet

1 Attachment(s)
Got a baseline dyno this past weekend. Nothing fancy to show off as I haven't done anything performance-wise to my car and everything seems pretty on point, but the only thing I actually understand on this are the numbers 250 and 231.

The rest of it is pretty confusing. I know that there are things you can interpret from the bottom chart, and also based on the slope or curve of the lines, etc. Maybe some of you can lend some further insight?

KMPrenger 03-12-2012 12:32 PM

Your car an automatic or a manual? Is the numbers shown corrected or raw data?

What would you like to know? Nothing really to interpret as far as I can see, the curves look perfectly normal to me. TQ has a very nice flat curve.

Air to fuel ratio seems a bit high to me, but probably not an issue.

If you plan to mod in the future and want to know what you got, well then getting your baseline run is the best thing you can do since all dynos tend to read slightly different. Also, trying to dyno in similar weather conditions plays a big role, as the car may produce much less power on a very hot day as compared to a cool day, but that is where the corrected data comes into play which should even out the results.

dorfmac 03-12-2012 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KMPrenger (Post 4631062)
Your car an automatic or a manual? Is the numbers shown corrected or raw data?

What would you like to know? Nothing really to interpret as far as I can see, the curves look perfectly normal to me. TQ has a very nice flat curve.

Air to fuel ratio seems a bit high to me, but probably not an issue.

If you plan to mod in the future and want to know what you got, well then getting your baseline run is the best thing you can do since all dynos tend to read slightly different. Also, trying to dyno in similar weather conditions plays a big role, as the car may produce much less power on a very hot day as compared to a cool day, but that is where the corrected data comes into play which should even out the results.

A manual, and I assume raw data, but only because I wasn't told otherwise. Not like I would have known what he was talking about if he did mention it :rolleyes:

I'm not really looking for anything in particular, I was just wondering if there was anything else TO know outside of the HP/TQ? :iono:

meissen 03-12-2012 12:40 PM

The air fuel ratio looks pretty lean, but aside from that nothing out of the ordinary.

Yellow_Glide 03-12-2012 12:42 PM

Good numbers - 250 rwhp / 231 rwtq.

acowherd 03-12-2012 12:43 PM

Looks like corrected numbers to me. Looks lean, but I don't know what normal for a V6.

Now get to modding that thing!!

KMPrenger 03-12-2012 03:25 PM

Normal WOT A/F ratio for the V6 is typically around high 11s or low 12s.

If the dyno was one of those magical reading dynos that spit out numbers close to expected drivetrain loss (assuming weather is perfect) than I would have expected close to 260 wheel horsepower for your manual while 250 would have been perfect for the auto.

Those numbers might not be corrected, but no matter its still a decent run.

Quote:

Originally Posted by acowherd (Post 4631127)
Looks like corrected numbers to me. Looks lean, but I don't know what normal for a V6.

Now get to modding that thing!!

I don't think you are too far from me. Know of any good dynos in the mid mo area? Maybe I'll run into you at a JC or ozark car show one of these days.....your car is a monster :headbang:

acowherd 03-12-2012 03:33 PM

There is a good guy over in St.. Louis and a decent place in kcmo to get some baseline runs in. As far as tuneing work dsteck in St.Louis is one of the few.

vinman 03-12-2012 03:43 PM

So when someone does a run what hp number do you say you have at the rw? The corrected or the actual?

scrming 03-12-2012 04:14 PM

wow... that is insanely LEAN! Guessing this was just a tail pipe sniffer? Most likely a problem with the probe... don't think you car is really running that lean....

Curves look nice and smooth... clean... The 250 RWHP is a tad lower than I would expect for a manual... Looks like this was the first pull... Did you give the car a nice long cool down before putting the car on the dyno? Did you do multiple pulls? Was this the best?

Blade 03-12-2012 05:21 PM

Yea I thought the manual usually gets with 5 hps of 260 plus/minus

bmorecam 03-12-2012 05:38 PM

I was just at T and T last week LOL. Was you there for the friday tuning day?

Don't look too bad considering you are stock. I say as long as you are pulling 250-260 stock you are fine and very close to accurate. Some dynos stock read 230 for hp.

I was thinking about having my car dynoed there just to see what my car would read on a different dyno but was scared it was going to be another low reading dyno but I might have to make an appointment with tim soon:)

2010_camaro 03-12-2012 05:40 PM

that looks real lean at 2k and lean through the whole RPM band.

Abstrak 03-12-2012 05:43 PM

I should have went up Saturday with yall. Im definitely going to hit Tim up at the end of the month.