Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   6 cylinder out first (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6826)

mrpre10der 09-16-2008 09:47 AM

6 cylinder out first

i spoke with the owner of potamkin chevy in newyork he said he heard that the 6 cylinder camaro was going into production first .to see how the public likes the car .i cant beleive that myself .does anybody know for sure

headpunter 09-16-2008 09:59 AM

get the brooms i call shenanigans

SS4EVER 09-16-2008 10:10 AM

I also heard that on here too somewhere else. You think GM would launch the SS first. I mean they'll probably sell almost everyone they make at first, and they'll return a higher profit off of each of them.

All I know is if the dealers mark the hell out of the V6 Camaro (not like I'll be getting one until summer of 09) but all I have to say to that is that they better not charge over 30k with mark-ups for a V6 Camaro...

o2camaross 09-16-2008 10:15 AM

dont believe it

ZeeTwentyFour 09-16-2008 10:15 AM

I find that hard to believe for a few reasons. First and foremost, where did this guy get his info? GM seems to be pretty tight lipped about anything the dnt want others to know. Second, why would they wait until production and deliveries to begin to find out what the public thinks!? Thats the whole purpose of unveiling it to the press and the public before they start making them. They already spent all that money in designing both cars and on R&D so it's unlikely they will only make the v6 and not make the v8 if the other doesn't sell well. Third and last, I'm pretty sure they make the cars according to orders and I'll bet any amount of money that here will be more V8 orders in the first few days then v6.

The_Stache 09-16-2008 10:25 AM

Nothing more than rumour started to get people interested in the V6 over the V8. If anything GM will produce more V8's to start because 90% of the enthusiasts will be in line to order a V8 not a V6.

That said don't matter to me, I financially have to wait until fall 09 to purchase..

Hylton 09-16-2008 10:30 AM

Well if that's supposed to be the bread and butter car (which Scott has stated) then I am not surprised.

MB2010CC 09-16-2008 10:38 AM

Yeah one of the dealers out here in Vegas said the same thing. But who knows how accurate any of the dealers are. If Scotty or The 'Father didn't say it I wouldn't believe it. Period.

The_Blur 09-16-2008 10:44 AM

I believe we have a quote on the site saying that the V8 will disproportionally represent the first allotments so that enthusiasts can get their hands on the SS as early as possible. These will sell quickly and V6s will become the majority shortly after release but not at release.

joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010 09-16-2008 10:50 AM

Wow scary:yikes: I heard the same thing from my GM rep! I thought no way, but to many people are hearing the same thing. Say it aint so Scott.

I am inclined to believe it is just a rumor, makes no sense not to sell the SS with the base.

joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010 09-16-2008 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Blur (Post 131189)
I believe we have a quote on the site saying that the V8 will disproportionally represent the first allotments so that enthusiasts can get their hands on the SS as early as possible. These will sell quickly and V6s will become the majority shortly after release but not at release.

This is what the first IDL stressed. Something smelling like:bs:, what is going on? I am wondering what is really going on at GM? Misdirection?

CHVY4LF 09-16-2008 10:58 AM

I was told the same thing from my Chevy dealer which i also worked for. The guy who orders all the new cars told me the V6 was coming first. If every dealer is saying this then it might just be true. Now im wondering if you can order the SS at this point and it just that they're not just suppling the dealers with them yet. Another thing i was told but don't believe at all is that the SS won't be stocked for most of the year.

ckellyme3 09-16-2008 11:04 AM

Thats def been a rumor floatin around in some circles lately. But theres no way in hell that would happen. Think about it. I think it would make more sense if there was more v6s than v8s at launch though. But theres no way GM will hold off on the SS.

Hylton 09-16-2008 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010 (Post 131196)
This is what the first IDL stressed. Something smelling like:bs:, what is going on? I am wondering what is really going on at GM? Misdirection?

Not at all actually. Do you honestly think in this day and age that the gas guzzling V8 is going to sell well compared to the V6? Truth is that the SS will appeal to the enthusiast and the V6 will appeal to the masses. More people are going to want the V6 over the V8 - you can quote me on that 2 years from now.