Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Snowy Driving Thread (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329891)

SnowyCamaro 11-25-2013 09:09 PM

Snowy Driving Thread

3 Attachment(s)
I know many of you are putting your cars away for the winter around now, but for me, my Camaro is my daily driver. So I've got a set of 4 toyo GSI-5 snow tires which I must say are handling the snow very well. They aren't very good in the rain I must say, but in the snow, oh baby they do not slip one bit. :thumbup:

Anyway here in southern Ontario, Canada. Last night we got good helping of snow. So I figured I'd try to take the opportunity to start a thread full of winter driving stories and pictures.

So post em up if you can, stories, driving tips, pictures, anything you find interesting related to winter driving in these cars.

Here's my pictures, and I've had my baby out in the snow this weekend, gotta say it handles better than my old BMW does. Not bad at all if you ask me. Went through about a foot of snow no problem last night.

This is what I woke up to :laugh:

Attachment 578445

Attachment 578446

Driving at night, after I dug myself out of the driveway :thumb:

Attachment 578447

kevinw 11-25-2013 09:13 PM

OMG. you need to move way south. we had all that snow in kansas city last year and it about did me in. i cant fatham driving a camaro in that stuff. wow.

jshaf 11-25-2013 09:20 PM

I've driven mine in slight spring snow and that is about it, we are talking a freak mid spring snow, mine sees the white stuff but doesn't go near the main roads with all the limestone chips, salt and brine on them!

OldScoolCamaro 11-25-2013 09:21 PM

....haha, winter arrives! For the silly folks in the lower 50 putting their cars away just for the sake of doing so I say they need to see what winter is,...and why they should store their vehicle. Alot of posturing down here.

yellowrs 11-25-2013 09:26 PM

Well heck I don't even drive my car in the rain.
Only water my car see's is when it is getting washed :)

OldScoolCamaro 11-25-2013 09:31 PM

...there's a certain bit of bit of irony in my post compared to the OP and yours.....that goes along with my premise.

angryv6 11-25-2013 09:31 PM

Oldschool you should come visit NE Ohio, Michigan and Illinois. We'll give your winter a run for it's money.

BlackIce1066 11-25-2013 09:33 PM

I had to go into work early this morning (1AM) and that was when our most recent storm has hitting. Near zero visibility, packed snow and ice and the wind was blowing hard. Couldn't break 20 mph and what normally takes me 45 mins. to drive took an hour and a half.

I only wish I would have taken pics or a vid :doh: but my hands couldn't be pried from the steering wheel. :fear:

scuba264 11-25-2013 09:34 PM

Supposed to see the first few inches here in Pittsburgh tomorrow evening. Had to take off my nice wheels and put the old stock steelies on with my winter tires tonight. Boooo! I just put on an intake over the weekend, was enjoying a little extra gusto, now put on these heavy wheels and tires to negate it all ha! Ah well, something to look forward to in spring...

PalmerGA 11-25-2013 09:39 PM

I simply could not do that to my Camaro. Growing up (and learning to drive) in upstate NY was a blast, but the winters absolutely wrecked (sometimes literally) all the automobiles I had (4 in all). I realize the salt isn't as caustic as it used to be way back then, and materials used in cars are more resistant to the road chemicals, but still... I left there 33 years ago and haven't missed winter driving one bit.

Mvp_Me 11-25-2013 09:44 PM

You guys can keep the snow but i like the cool pix:pop2:

AdamEL 11-25-2013 09:46 PM

If we got half that snow, our entire city would shut down.

rebelyell22 11-25-2013 09:48 PM

What's snow?

Dfault 11-25-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamEL (Post 7216307)
If we got half that snow, our entire city would shut down.

If we vot 1/4 of it we go into state wide panic.