Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Question for CAI, Inc. or Apex (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=215060)

69307 04-08-2012 01:55 PM

Question for CAI, Inc. or Apex

I just installed the CAI, Inc. intake and I'm now thinking about purchasing the Apex Motorsports Cold Air Intake Scoop and the Apex Motorsports Washer Fluid Tank Replacement Kit

Since I live in the great state of California, I'll need to remove the CAI and go back to stock before I get it smogged. Will I have to remove the Scoop and put back on the stock washer bottle in order to make the stock intake/filter fit properly?

Thanks!

Apex Motorsports 04-08-2012 02:04 PM

I do not know if you will have to swap out the intake but as you already know it is not difficult to do. I can say that if you did have to swap you would not have to remove our scoop and washer tank package. It does not interfere in any way with the fitment of the intake system.

2012InfernoSS 04-08-2012 02:06 PM

I dont think the intake will cause u to fail inspection but.. Just put the stock intake on and leave the scoop and washer bottle in there, as long as it works how are they going to know its aftermarket that and washer bottle dont change anything when u go to get it smogged

69307 04-08-2012 02:29 PM

Thanks guys!!

Apex Motorsports 04-08-2012 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69307 (Post 4774763)
Thanks guys!!

No problem. If you have any other questions feel free to hit me up.

Sales @ CAI Inc 04-09-2012 08:56 AM

First off thank you for choosing Cold Air INductions Inc.!

As for the SMOG tests, I am not sure 100% if you will have to remove either, simply because we really don't have to deal with that issue. From what I have heard from customers though in CA, is that you will have to put the stock air box on for the testing, but as for the scoop and relocation kit, I have no Idea. Maybe try and ask some other members here who are in CA and have more experience with it. Hope that helps!

69307 04-09-2012 05:49 PM

Thanks Bill... When the time comes, I may leave the CAI on just to see if it passes visual inspection. If I need to, I'll put the stock air box back on just long enough to pass the smog test!

The CAI is easy enough to un-install/re-install that it won't be a problem. My concern was regarding the scoop and water bottle replacement, which would probably require quite a bit more effort!

Sales @ CAI Inc 04-10-2012 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69307 (Post 4780155)
Thanks Bill... When the time comes, I may leave the CAI on just to see if it passes visual inspection. If I need to, I'll put the stock air box back on just long enough to pass the smog test!

The CAI is easy enough to un-install/re-install that it won't be a problem. My concern was regarding the scoop and water bottle replacement, which would probably require quite a bit more effort!

No problem, thanks again for choosing Cold Air Inductions Inc.! :thumbsup: