Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro 1LE Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   I'm getting close... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=294851)

BlueAc 05-11-2013 01:02 PM

I'm getting close...

I just got home from looking at a 2013 Summit White 1LE. The car is pretty much loaded the way I wanted with the exception of it having a (VAS) Color matched grille and (CF5) Power Sunroof. If I were to have placed a custom order I would have deleted those 2 but they are not really a deal breaker. Other than that it is loaded to my liking. It has a sticker price of 45670.00 and with my GM dealer supply discount it would come to 43837.00 and then of course the 1,000 incentive would come off of that. Along with the $1000 Private if I can score one from the Chevy website. My question is the dealer told me there really isn't any wiggle room with the dealer supply price, is this true? What kind of numbers are you guys working? I looked for a thread like this and it does probably exist, I couldn't find it.

S3XPanther 05-11-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueAc (Post 6531350)
I just got home from looking at a 2013 Summit White 1LE. The car is pretty much loaded the way I wanted with the exception of it having a (VAS) Color matched grille and (CF5) Power Sunroof. If I were to have placed a custom order I would have deleted those 2 but they are not really a deal breaker. Other than that it is loaded to my liking. It has a sticker price of 45670.00 and with my GM dealer supply discount it would come to 43837.00 and then of course the 1,000 incentive would come off of that. Along with the $1000 Private if I can score one from the Chevy website. My question is the dealer told me there really isn't any wiggle room with the dealer supply price, is this true? What kind of numbers are you guys working? I looked for a thread like this and it does probably exist, I couldn't find it.

No, of course it isn't true.

Most people can get them for supplier, but push a little and try for invoice.

And, I don't see how he can deny you the 1k incentive and 1k private offer.

BlueAc 05-11-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S3XPanther (Post 6531449)
No, of course it isn't true.

Most people can get them for supplier, but push a little and try for invoice.

And, I don't see how he can deny you the 1k incentive and 1k private offer.

Sorry if I wasn't clear but the dealer didn't deny me any incentives. He just stated that he could't go any lower than the supplier price and that price is lower than what they paid for the car. I know that last statement was complete BS, because I know they wouldn't sell a car to make no profit. I'm just wondering how much to try and reduce it. Where do you guys go to find this info?

Bad@ssCamaro 05-11-2013 02:34 PM

There is a 3% holdback on vehicles, but then your messing with their profitability, you'd have to get them in a position where they need that sale in order to meet quota. Best time to negotiate is at end of month, end of year and end of MY. If you want to know what invoice is, just go to Autotrader.com or Cars.com and build the car with all the same options and it will give you invoice pricing as well as a fair price and MSRP.

Southern Comfort 05-11-2013 02:40 PM

Let them know if you are a USAA member, and they will take another 750 off.

BlueAc 05-11-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro (Post 6531604)
There is a 3% holdback on vehicles, but then your messing with their profitability, you'd have to get them in a position where they need that sale in order to meet quota. Best time to negotiate is at end of month, end of year and end of MY. If you want to know what invoice is, just go to Autotrader.com or Cars.com and build the car with all the same options and it will give you invoice pricing as well as a fair price and MSRP.

Thanks for that info, that's exactly what I was looking for. I built the car on Cars.com using the build sheet the dealer gave me. The invoice price came out to be $43,188.00, looks like I'm about $649 above it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Southern Comfort (Post 6531628)
Let them know if you are a USAA member, and they will take another 750 off.

I already did that lol... Anything thing else I'm missing?

Bad@ssCamaro 05-11-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueAc (Post 6531674)
Thanks for that info, that's exactly what I was looking for. I built the car on Cars.com using the build sheet the dealer gave me. The invoice price came out to be $43,188.00, looks like I'm about $649 above it.

I already did that lol... Anything thing else I'm missing?

So with your incentives and rebates, that should put you at $41087. That's a pretty fair price for a loaded 1LE. :headbang:

fgg60 05-11-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro (Post 6531604)
There is a 3% holdback on vehicles,

True... I got my car with a GM Employee Discount, $1000 Cash Back, $1500 Employee Vehicle Allowance and $1000 Special Offer off the website... SO you should be able to do the same.
Good Luck! Hope you are able to close the deal!:D

BlueAc 05-11-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fgg60 (Post 6531912)
True... I got my car with a GM Employee Discount, $1000 Cash Back, $1500 Employee Vehicle Allowance and $1000 Special Offer off the website... SO you should be able to do the same.
Good Luck! Hope you are able to close the deal!:D

I'm hoping I can get the private offer this week. Thanks man!

BRMike 05-11-2013 09:51 PM

Good luck!

I came pretty close to trading in my GTO on a IOM 2SS 1LE this afternoon. I'm still thinking of pulling the trigger, but I'm attached to my GTO. I've had it nearly nine years.

Midnight Rat 05-11-2013 10:18 PM

One thing you can do about the grill is tell the dealer not to install it and you can sell it on your own.

DHSS 05-11-2013 11:06 PM

Invoice, minus holdback, minus all rebates. Triple net. Walk if they don't do it. Camaros are a dime a dozen right now