Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Car Journals (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Tom Henry Racing THR22 2010/LS3/IBM/Supercharged SS Camaro [COTW 10/29/12] (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24276)

GTAHVIT 04-06-2011 08:07 PM

3 Attachment(s)
LMAO

Well here are some pics so you can see what I'm talking about with the trunk.

If I continue to get some tapping, I'm gonna drill em out with a whole saw and put a rubber plug in there.. :D

the red "X" in the voids are where I did the hammering. I used the handle of a long framing hammer and a 2.5 lb sledge to beat the sheet metal up.

To find the hammer point (the red X) I taped an inch of crayon to the top of the coilover and carefully seated the completely assembled coil in the LCA and in the void. even with an inch of crayon it easily hits the trunk before the upper perch is flush...

then remove the coil find the crayon smudge and draw and X... then let the beating begin...

:D

from what everyone has told me. I should be good to go.

Pedders already has my Cam endlink on the way Should have it by the time I get home tomorrow.

should be good to go and back on the road :D

First pick is drivers side rear perch void
Second is passenger side
Third is trunk.

600hp-lpe 04-06-2011 08:14 PM

PQ AKA MR. Anderson..

Chris beat his car up with a hammer. what did you do to your's today?

zebra 04-06-2011 08:22 PM

he sat & drearily wondered why it has an automatic transmission :facepalm:

600hp-lpe 04-06-2011 08:28 PM

ROFL!

speedster 04-06-2011 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 3063369)
...from what everyone has told me. I should be good to go.:D


Nothing that can't be fixed with a Sawzall and Duct Tape.. :thumbup:

Hope its all quiet on the warfront now. ;)

Darth_Emma 04-06-2011 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 3063369)
LMAO


then remove the coil find the crayon smudge and draw and X... then let the beating begin...


It's hammah time...


Mr Twisty 04-06-2011 09:06 PM

Appropriate :sm0:

...err I guess it is... never can understand the lyrics, but I give it a 5 for the beat :D

Here ya go

GTAHVIT 04-06-2011 09:11 PM

I feel like I'm watching an episode of pop up video...

:laugh:

Mr Twisty 04-06-2011 09:12 PM

You haven't named your car yet have you..... how about the sledge hammer... can have your own song and everything :laugh:

GTAHVIT 04-06-2011 09:22 PM

:laugh:

I'm not sure why I haven't named THR22... other than THR22...

Maybe my days in the Navy... I do believe cars are women... Just like ships...

I served most my sea time on the Connie... CV64 USS Constellation...

I look back on her like a bad relationship... She took care of me, kept me safe was always there when I came home... But she was an insufferable B!#(h when she wanted to be... And made everyone around her miserable too...

So, I guess, I'd rather not make the same connection with my Car as I do my ship... I look at my car completely differently... :laugh: ... THR22 is kinda like that sexy girl you....

Never mind...

;)

:iono: :laugh:

Mr Twisty 04-06-2011 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 3063720)
:laugh:

I'm not sure why I haven't named THR22... other than THR22...

Maybe my days in the Navy... I do believe cars are women... Just like ships...

I served most my sea time on the Connie... CV64 USS Constellation...

I look back on her like a bad relationship... She took care of me, kept me safe was always there when I came home... But she was an insufferable B!#(h when she wanted to be... And made everyone around her miserable too...

So, I guess, I'd rather not make the same connection with my Car as I do my ship... I look at my car completely differently... :laugh: ... THR22 is kinda like that sexy girl you.... fell in love with and had babies with and loved foreverandever

Never mind...

;)

:iono: :laugh:

fixed

just keepin it 'G' baybee... keepin it 'G' :laugh:

GTAHVIT 04-06-2011 09:29 PM

That's a pretty good way to look at it.. ;)

speedster 04-06-2011 09:32 PM

Nice. Something G rated coming out of MC. Need to take a picture of that. It'll never happen again...;)

THR22 sounds just fine...and even finer in AZ next week ! :cool:

Mr Twisty 04-06-2011 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 3063749)
That's a pretty good way to look at it.. ;)

If your wife reads that and thinks you typed it and you get lai..... err.... a kiss n hug, you owe me a beer :bellyroll:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.