Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension / Brakes / Chassis (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   *** The Truth About BC Racing Coilovers and Installation Thread *** (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150807)

Addiction 06-27-2011 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DallasMike (Post 3371589)
We have a special offer for ONE person willing to write a review on these coilovers.

PM me for details.

PM me the info please.

2010SSRSM6 06-27-2011 08:41 AM

How long do these last? I am about due to swap out my factory struts and would be interested in doing a CO setup, depending on life expectancy.

DallasMike 06-27-2011 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2010SSRSM6 (Post 3390794)
How long do these last? I am about due to swap out my factory struts and would be interested in doing a CO setup, depending on life expectancy.

As of right now we haven't seen anyone needing to have their BC's replaced. We have a couple of customers with over 60,000 miles and still going strong.

The beauty of these coilovers is that they ARE rebuildable. SO when the time comes that you need to replace them, you can send them in and have them rebuilt for far less than replacing.

madmaxx18 06-27-2011 04:18 PM

I wouldn't mind getting these but I still haven't seen any testing data from these. You can't just make a product and expect people to buy em with out some data. I would like to know how much my 60 ft times would increase at the track and how much better my handling can be expected to be increased over stock. This would allow me to decide if I want these over more expensive ones or not and I know they won't be as good as a 3k set from another company but the gain for the buck would help me pick.

ackeight 06-27-2011 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madmaxx18 (Post 3392839)
I wouldn't mind getting these but I still haven't seen any testing data from these. You can't just make a product and expect people to buy em with out some data. I would like to know how much my 60 ft times would increase at the track and how much better my handling can be expected to be increased over stock. This would allow me to decide if I want these over more expensive ones or not and I know they won't be as good as a 3k set from another company but the gain for the buck would help me pick.

Maybe you could do the write up for them and provide those numbers? I'm sure it would be a decent discount. I hope your 60' would decrease at the track not increase with the proper setup. I'm sure you meant decrease.

DallasMike 06-27-2011 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madmaxx18 (Post 3392839)

Perhaps this video will put your mind at ease. Blu808 in action at Camarofest!

Sam88gta1 06-27-2011 09:16 PM

You have zero test data to back up your claim. What makes them the best?

DallasMike 06-28-2011 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam88gta1 (Post 3394298)
You have zero test data to back up your claim. What makes them the best?

Hey Sam, nice to see you over here. Which shop are you working at now?

It won't be long till we have mountains of data. I wish I could say more but rest assured these coilovers are going to be put through the ultimate test.

The fact is there is a ton of data on these from the other manufacturers who private label them. :sm0:

Either way the world will soon know what BC is capable of. You have a choice, continue to overpay for rebranded BC coilovers, or buy straight from the manufacturer.

orange-prince 06-28-2011 04:56 PM

can you tell us who is using this coilovers as there own ? or if you prefer send me a pm

Sam88gta1 06-29-2011 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DallasMike (Post 3396330)
Hey Sam, nice to see you over here. Which shop are you working at now?

It won't be long till we have mountains of data. I wish I could say more but rest assured these coilovers are going to be put through the ultimate test.

The fact is there is a ton of data on these from the other manufacturers who private label them. :sm0:

Either way the world will soon know what BC is capable of. You have a choice, continue to overpay for rebranded BC coilovers, or buy straight from the manufacturer.

I work for myself at my own shop in Garland.
Who does BC private label for? If you can't answer the question maybe you shouldn't make that statement. I have never heard of BC and I assume you are pushing them due to your margin on them. Telling people that they "Are the best coilover in the world" is plain silly. Show us someone in a Pro racing circuit that uses the BC stuff and is competitive.

orange-prince 06-29-2011 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam88gta1 (Post 3403012)
I work for myself at my own shop in Garland.
Who does BC private label for? If you can't answer the question maybe you shouldn't make that statement. I have never heard of BC and I assume you are pushing them due to your margin on them. Telling people that they "Are the best coilover in the world" is plain silly. Show us someone in a Pro racing circuit that uses the BC stuff and is competitive.

he cant because there is rules in this forum and i think you know that already Sam :D

Daniel Linnett 06-29-2011 05:11 PM

Just thought I’d throw my two cents in. I’m a lurker over here and mainly spend my time on the GTO forums and G8 forums. I currently drive an 08 G8 with over 600hp and have built two GTO’s including the stock bottom end record holder.
The coilovers he’s referring to are Pedders coilovers. It’s pretty common knowledge over on the GTO forums that BC racing makes Pedders coilovers for them. I used to be a big fan of Pedders, my first GTO had a Pedders Track 2 with XA coilovers on it. In fact I was one of the first GTO to ever have XA’s on installed. I lost some faith in them when people started questioning who made their coilovers and Pedders would not respond. I then began to do my own research into Pedders and come to find out, they don’t manufacture much of anything. They are just like most other companies rebranding parts under their own label and selling for INSANE markups.
I’m not knocking what Pedders has been able to accomplish, I just think they could a bit more honest in their approach to things.

Avalnch 06-29-2011 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel Linnett (Post 3403782)
Just thought I’d throw my two cents in. I’m a lurker over here and mainly spend my time on the GTO forums and G8 forums. I currently drive an 08 G8 with over 600hp and have built two GTO’s including the stock bottom end record holder.
The coilovers he’s referring to are Pedders coilovers. It’s pretty common knowledge over on the GTO forums that BC racing makes Pedders coilovers for them. I used to be a big fan of Pedders, my first GTO had a Pedders Track 2 with XA coilovers on it. In fact I was one of the first GTO to ever have XA’s on installed. I lost some faith in them when people started questioning who made their coilovers and Pedders would not respond. I then began to do my own research into Pedders and come to find out, they don’t manufacture much of anything. They are just like most other companies rebranding parts under their own label and selling for INSANE markups.
I’m not knocking what Pedders has been able to accomplish, I just think they could a bit more honest in their approach to things.

I thought I recognized that rear adjuster!!! It looks identical to the Pedder's install pics. Also, those White Line rear sub-frame inserts are just black versions of the Pedders units. I wasn't going to say anything, but since the cat's out of the proverbial bag.

2010 L99 06-29-2011 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avalnch (Post 3403841)
I thought I recognized that rear adjuster!!! It looks identical to the Pedder's install pics. Also, those White Line rear sub-frame inserts are just black versions of the Pedders units. I wasn't going to say anything, but since the cat's out of the proverbial bag.

:word::thumbup: