Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   2014 Chevrolet SS Priced at $44,470 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=299779)

PYROLYSIS 06-05-2013 08:23 AM

On right hand drive cars are the pedals still in the same order with the clutch on the left or are the pedals backwards?

2010SLVRBULIT 06-05-2013 08:26 AM

yuk, and g/l selling @ that $..:crazy:

HeavyIOM 06-05-2013 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moorepheus (Post 6628342)
IMO, over priced for a Sports sedan. But that is just my opinion. How much was the Pontiac G8 GXP, I don't think it maxed out over 40K? This is basically the same car, with a Chevy Logo on it and they want 44K for it.

NO!! the G8 was a sexy SOB! This car is far from sexy! I would say its ok at best.

upflying 06-05-2013 08:40 AM

I'd rather buy one of these when they are retired from the police fleets. Same fun as the SS at 25% of the cost.
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e4...psccf64c60.jpg

its a syn 06-05-2013 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 (Post 6628184)
Silver is just about the worst color for this car.

My dealer in town has a Silver 2013 Impala on his lot and it looks amazing!!

snizzle 06-05-2013 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roorback (Post 6631577)
I guess its a fair price considering how well laid out it is, but dang, mid 40's for chevys. It's really tough to buy a decent performance car these days if you aren't made of money.

At least they didn't call it a cheVelle.

I don't know. I can't get down with SS as a model name.

Goo 06-05-2013 09:19 AM

meh.
Need to see it in person.
First reaction is the interior is nice...
But outside and price... pass

upflying 06-05-2013 09:29 AM

Too bad you can't choose a base LS model.
Delete all of the stuff on this list except for the powertrain. Include cloth seats, manual AC and AM/FM with CD changer. Then charge $29,995 for the car.

Standard equipment includes:

High intensity discharge headlamps with Light emitting diode daytime running lamps
Automatic Parking Assist
Chevrolet MyLink with a color touch screen and GPS-based navigation system
Bose® premium audio system – including SiriusXM radio (with 12-month trial)
Color head-up display and color driver information center
Dual-zone automatic climate control
Alloy pedal covers
Heated and ventilated front seats with memory
Side Blind Zone Alert and Lane Departure Warning
Rear-vision camera with rear park assist
Keyless access and push-button start.
The LS3 6.2L small-block V-8 powers the SS, is SAE certified at 415 horsepower (310 kW) and 415 lb-ft of torque (563 Nm), which helps it sprint from 0 to 60 mph in about five seconds. It is matched with a six-speed automatic transmission that can be shifted manually using TAPshift paddles mounted on the steering wheel.

upflying 06-05-2013 09:29 AM

Delete all of the stuff on this list except for the powertrain. Include cloth seats, manual AC and AM/FM with CD changer. Then charge $29,995 for the car.

High intensity discharge headlamps with Light emitting diode daytime running lamps
Automatic Parking Assist
Alloy pedal covers
The LS3 6.2L small-block V-8 powers the SS, is SAE certified at 415 horsepower (310 kW) and 415 lb-ft of torque (563 Nm), which helps it sprint from 0 to 60 mph in about five seconds. It is matched with a six-speed automatic transmission that can be shifted manually using TAPshift paddles mounted on the steering wheel.

Angrybird 12 06-05-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snizzle (Post 6631712)
I don't know. I can't get down with SS as a model name.

It's only a name.... Remember what Shakespeare wrote, "A Rose by any other name would smell as sweet."

If they had called the Camaro just SS instead of Camaro would you write it off too?

Stew 06-05-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NASTY99Z28 (Post 6629607)
Yeah straight line the srt8 will embarrass the SS. Hopefully it handles better because that's all it's going to have going for it in the comparo. If they come back next year and offer it with a lt1 and a stick I think it would be a good seller but for now I don't think it's sales will be strong even for a niche car. Even though it has a lot of things I would like to see changed I still really like it and would love to own one but I wont be able to for that kind of money....:sad0147:

I wouldn't hold my breath to much on the handling, Dodge REALLY stepped it up on 11+ LX cars. Closest comparison I can think of head to head that would be valid is that in C&Ds latest lightning lap they placed the Caprice against the charger police package, both V8s, and despited there only being a slight HP and the Caprice having the weight advantage the Charger simply smoked it around the track by roughly 7 seconds. The SRT they did the year before was around 7 seconds quicker than the Charger Pursuit still.

FenwickHockey65 06-05-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by upflying (Post 6631797)

Automatic Parking Assist
Alloy pedal covers

Then you would be competing with your own Impala and there's no profit in a $30k NA-spec VF Commodore.

FenwickHockey65 06-05-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by upflying (Post 6631633)
I'd rather buy one of these when they are retired from the police fleets. Same fun as the SS at 25% of the cost.
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e4...psccf64c60.jpg

And nowhere near as liveable now that the 9C3 trim has been deleted.

Bhobbs 06-05-2013 11:47 AM

I wonder if the Holden built SS is more of a stopgap car until GM can get a North American built, RWD sedan up and running.