Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   Service Tire Monitor System Problem (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25174)

RickRay 06-01-2009 08:12 AM

Service Tire Monitor System Problem

The other day I was resetting the Tire Monitor System and it went on the blink. It wasn`t giving me any reading ..even when I used the reset boutton. It said to Service tire Monitor. So I had an appointment this morning for GM to fix it. My wife just called and said they could not plug in their computor into the Camaro because it doesn`t FIT....:mad0259: WTF..Why does it have to be different then the other GM models.. Anyways they are now looking in the internet to see how to fix this minor problem..I hope. :help: Will give more details when I get some.

Chevyrocker 06-01-2009 08:33 AM

You're not supposed to reset that system. If you put air in the tires, just give it a minute, it will update on its own. Now you have to go to a dealer and have them hook it up to a tech 2 machine and have them re-program it.

RickRay 06-01-2009 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevyrocker (Post 538796)
You're not supposed to reset that system. If you put air in the tires, just give it a minute, it will update on its own. Now you have to go to a dealer and have them hook it up to a tech 2 machine and have them re-program it.

If we are not supposed to reset it why do they have the reset button on it for.:iono: Also my dealer can`t plug in their Tech 2 machine, if its that what they have to it...won`t fit:iono:

Parker 06-01-2009 09:15 AM

Should have read the manual.
This probably wont be in it but you can reset the system by holding the button down until it goes into tire learn mode(usually honks twice). Then starting at the driver's front tire bleed air out until the car honks. Repeat that on the other three going clockwise around the car from the drivers front tire(should honk twice when you finish at the drivers rear).

RickRay 06-01-2009 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parker (Post 538885)
Should have read the manual.
This probably wont be in it but you can reset the system by holding the button down until it goes into tire learn mode(usually honks twice). Then starting at the driver's front tire bleed air out until the car honks. Repeat that on the other three going clockwise around the car from the drivers front tire(should honk twice when you finish at the drivers rear).

Thanks, I did the first part but not the second. Anyways the dealer just called and said he reset it through their internet site. He said that it might of been caused by the air plugs were on to tight. For further reference he said that when you change tires in the future that the dealer has to reset it with their machine and that the car cpu will not reset it by itself. So thats it for my first minor problem.

Parker 06-01-2009 09:51 AM

You only have to reprogram for a power failure, sensor replacements, and tire rotations. When you do tire replacements you should put the wheels back on the hub it came from to avoid the reprogram. Also you shouldn't have to worry about tire rotations with your RS wheels.

Not sure what your dealer did, but there is a tool for GM cars that looks similar to an old original Nintendo Gameboy for doing tire relearns

HEATHN 06-02-2009 11:10 PM

Camaros have a new system Global Diagnostic System. Think thats correct. No more Tech2 must use something called an MDI module and a laptop. Good that they got it fixed!