Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   LFX Dyno Thread (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=475389)

djcolopi 11-30-2016 10:57 AM

LFX Dyno Thread

The original LFX dyno thread is dead. The google spreadsheet has not been updated in over 2 years; furthermore, the spreadsheet was also deleted. So I have taken it upon myself to organize all the data and start over. In addition to reviving the LFX spreadsheet I have changed the layout. Within the spreadsheet I have the following 'sheets'; stock, bolt-ons; NOs and forced induction. This will allow forum members to easily navigate the data instead of having one continuous list that never ends. Furthermore, it correlates directly to the LFX 1/4mi spreadsheet.

I have added all the members on the original spreadsheet and everyone that posted on the old thread. However, since the old thread will be deleted, I ask that everyone post their dyno sheets onto this new thread with the information listed below.

Type and make of dyno: (ex. dynojet model 248x, mustang, etc.)
ODO at the time of the dyno:
Temperature:
Manual/auto:
Gear used(3rd or 4th):
Modification:
Correction used(STD or SAE):
Result:

Information Posted by bmorecam;
When we dyno our car there are 2 major component that most dyno's use to calculate accurate results. They are the correction factors. There are over half of dozen corrections that can be used but here in USA we only use 2, the STD and SAE.
The correction standards were developed to discount the observed horsepower readings taken at different locations and weather conditions. It is obvious that an engine builder in Colorado could not produce as much horsepower as a shop at sea level. There is just less oxygen for the engine to burn at the higher altitude. What are less obvious are the other weather condition effects on the engine. So in order to compensate for this, all advertised horsepower is "corrected" to several different industry standards.

SAE:
"SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers), USA. Power is corrected to reference conditions of 29.23 InHg of dry air and 77 F. This SAE standard requires a correction for friction torque.

STD:
STD is Another power correction standard determined by the SAE(society of automotive engineers). Power is corrected to reference conditions of 29.92 InHg of dry air and 60 F. Friction torque is handled in the same way as in the SAE standard."

To sum everything up, both correction factors basically mimic a preset condition which was created by the society of automotive engineers. So... although the SAE correction factor is recognized today as the "standard" correction in the automotive industry, this does not mean reading a dyno number with STD cf is wrong. No matter which correction factor your dyno shop uses, you should get an accurate comparison as long as you compare SAE vs SAE and STD vs STD.

Spreadsheet link:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

djcolopi 11-30-2016 10:58 AM

Stock

1 Attachment(s)
Screenshot - LFX Stock

djcolopi 11-30-2016 10:59 AM

Bolt-ons

4 Attachment(s)
Screenshot - LFX Bolt-ons

djcolopi 11-30-2016 11:00 AM

NOs

1 Attachment(s)
Screenshot - LFX NOs

djcolopi 11-30-2016 11:01 AM

Forced Induction

4 Attachment(s)
Screenshot - LFX Forced Induction

djcolopi 11-30-2016 11:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Type and make of dyno: Dynapack 53 4WD
ODO at the time of the dyno:
Temperature: 72
Manual/auto: Auto
Gear used(3rd or 4th): 4th
Modification:JacFab LFX Ported Intake Manifold; Overkill 80mm Throttle Body; Twin Turbos GTX2863R; ZL1 Fuel Pump; 3" Straight Pipe
Correction used(STD or SAE): SAE
Result: 510rwhp/478tq

Attachment 835813

sspade 11-30-2016 04:56 PM

Good job. Thanks for doing this. Will be posting my results early in 2017. Few more things to do first.

One question.... how is it possible the SYCRAFT pulled a 284/246 with a stock LFX ?

djcolopi 11-30-2016 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sspade (Post 9431761)
Good job. Thanks for doing this. Will be posting my results early in 2017. Few more things to do first.

One question.... how is it possible the SYCRAFT pulled a 284/246 with a stock LFX ?

No problem! To be honest I am not sure; could have been perfect conditions. I went back and searched through the thread just to be sure I entered it correctly into the cell and it is correct. I believe they are still active on the forum even though they now drive a c7 corvette.

Shawno72 11-30-2016 05:09 PM

Sub'd.....again lol

Should be able to add some FI numbers in the next few months

djcolopi 11-30-2016 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawno72 (Post 9431794)
Sub'd.....again lol

Should be able to add some FI numbers in the next few months

Sounds good man! Did you get dynoed with your bolt-ons and E85? I did not see a post in the last thread.

Shawno72 11-30-2016 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djcolopi (Post 9431824)
Sounds good man! Did you get dynoed with your bolt-ons and E85? I did not see a post in the last thread.

No I never had the time off work to get it done. That being said I'm out on an injury and I can't shift the car, rotator cuff, so I'll be getting that dyno done in the next few months. I want a before and after

djcolopi 11-30-2016 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawno72 (Post 9431842)
No I never had the time off work to get it done. That being said I'm out on an injury and I can't shift the car, rotator cuff, so I'll be getting that dyno done in the next few months. I want a before and after

Life always finds a way to disrupt plans. Get better man! Yeah its nice to be able to compare and see where improvements have been made. Just make sure its tested on the same dyno and uses the same correction factor.

crc91 11-30-2016 11:12 PM

once i get tuned i'll send you my info and chart to post up bro! thanks for doing this!

djcolopi 11-30-2016 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crc91 (Post 9432369)
once i get tuned i'll send you my info and chart to post up bro! thanks for doing this!

Sounds good man and no problem! :thumbsup: