Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   g-force axle issue??? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=406874)

tx15 05-03-2015 07:32 PM

g-force axle issue???

Okay guys, I recently got my car finished up full bmr suspension, auburn carrier, 3.91's and g-force 1000hp axles. Well I was cleaning the car today and both back wheels are covered in grease. Pulled them off and both inner and outer boot and outer shafts are leaking. Bolts that hold the axles to the shafts are loose. Might I add there is less than 500 miles on this whole set up. Am I supposed to re torque the bolts or something? I figured if there was something that critical they would have informed me of it. They also seem extremely floppy and alot of play in them. I've heard from a few people they are really loose axles just want to clear it up.

Thanks in advance...

copoz28 05-05-2015 03:12 PM

If these are new axles i would reach out to Gforce directly on the issue and your questions. They are great to deal with.

SSE 4 2SS 05-05-2015 05:55 PM

Agreed with previous two posts... Contact Chris directly and he will help you out with upfront firsthand information.

swiftkart 05-05-2015 06:47 PM

They are suppose to move in and out or floppy as you call it around a 1" or so, it's an IRS rear and needs the play due the angle the axles see. Sounds like you didn't torque the bolts properly, no lock tight on mine and the bolts are tight, now as for the grease may be a bad seal which I'm sure the vendor will help you with.

GFORCE1320 05-06-2015 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tx15 (Post 8399719)
Okay guys, I recently got my car finished up full bmr suspension, auburn carrier, 3.91's and g-force 1000hp axles. Well I was cleaning the car today and both back wheels are covered in grease. Pulled them off and both inner and outer boot and outer shafts are leaking. Bolts that hold the axles to the shafts are loose. Might I add there is less than 500 miles on this whole set up. Am I supposed to re torque the bolts or something? I figured if there was something that critical they would have informed me of it. They also seem extremely floppy and alot of play in them. I've heard from a few people they are really loose axles just want to clear it up.

Thanks in advance...

I believe that was you we were emailing with today, you got them through Summit Racing right?
Send them in and we will get them fixed and right back out to you.
Sorry about the problem.

Thanks
Chris

tx15 05-06-2015 08:30 PM

Didn't realize all yall replied. I had the Chevrolet house install every thing so that there would be no warranty issues. I'm not talking about the hub bolt I'm talking about all the Allen head bolts that hold the axles together. 5 of the 6 were finger tight. They were completely assembled so why should I go through and torque bolts. Thanks Chris, I'm not on here to bash g-force I was simply asking if anyone else has had this problem. Yes chris the ones I ordered through summit. Let me know what I need to do to get this figured out.

GFORCE1320 05-06-2015 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tx15 (Post 8406159)
Didn't realize all yall replied. I had the Chevrolet house install every thing so that there would be no warranty issues. I'm not talking about the hub bolt I'm talking about all the Allen head bolts that hold the axles together. 5 of the 6 were finger tight. They were completely assembled so why should I go through and torque bolts. Thanks Chris, I'm not on here to bash g-force I was simply asking if anyone else has had this problem. Yes chris the ones I ordered through summit. Let me know what I need to do to get this figured out.

I believe we sent you a shipping label today with an RMA invoice to send them in. We will take a look at them and correct what ever might be wrong.
Not sure why the bolts would be loose, we torque them here before they ship.

tx15 05-06-2015 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GFORCE1320 (Post 8406170)
I believe we sent you a shipping label today with an RMA invoice to send them in. We will take a look at them and correct what ever might be wrong.
Not sure why the bolts would be loose, we torque them here before they ship.

That's why I'm even asking. These guys taking about I didn't torque the bolts. Why would I was my point? That would be like, hey take them completely apart when you get them and put your own grease in them. They are assembled already why would I torque then. Thanks Chris either way. The only reason I even ordered these axles is I've heard nothing but good stuff about yall

GFORCE1320 05-06-2015 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tx15 (Post 8406183)
That's why I'm even asking. These guys taking about I didn't torque the bolts. Why would I was my point? That would be like, hey take them completely apart when you get them and put your own grease in them. They are assembled already why would I torque then. Thanks Chris either way. The only reason I even ordered these axles is I've heard nothing but good stuff about yall

We will take care of you. Thanks for choosing Gforce :)

halo8hkk 05-08-2015 09:58 AM

most of the time you have to put the hubs in then attach the axles. im assuming that is what they did, it makes the install much easier.:thumbsup: if you dealer read the instructions it would have specified, after installing they need to properly torqued.

GFORCE1320 05-08-2015 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by halo8hkk (Post 8408959)
most of the time you have to put the hubs in then attach the axles. im assuming that is what they did, it makes the install much easier.:thumbsup: if you dealer read the instructions it would have specified, after installing they need to properly torqued.

We ship ours fully torqued. It does make it easier if you don't have to pull the control arms apart but sending axles out that require the installer to properly install and torque bolts has been a problem in the past.
We must have missed this set with the torque wrench.

10aSSee D 05-08-2015 03:25 PM

Gforce has great stuff, I love my 9 inch!!

IOM Black Diamond 05-09-2015 12:10 AM

I got a set of 100hp axles also and had the same problem. I probably had a 500-700 miles on mine also. They threw all of the grease out of them. And all of the blots were finger tight. They said they torque them all. Well they must of forgot to do mine. I called them up and I shipped mine off yesterday to get fixed. When I pulled it out it feels like it took out both cvs. There is a lot of slack in it. The they that really sucks is this is my daily driver. I don't have another car to drive. I shipped them yesterday with the shipping label they sent me. And it is going to take four working days to get to them. When I bought them I had them over nighter because I coul go without the car. The first set I got the right side axle wasn't even the right size. So I had to buy another set and have it over nighter so I could get the car back going for a road trip. But they still didn't get there in time. So I had to run one stock axle and one new one. Now the bolts come loose. I can't believe I pay 1200 and I still have problems. I buy nice stuff so I d have to worry about not having a car to drive. Now I am paying a guy $50 a day because my car is on his rack. And I don't have a car to drive to take my kids to school or to go to work. This is when I really wish I didn't live 15 miles out of town. I really hope this gets done fast. It is going to cost me a ton just to pay to have it on the rack. Oh plus the rental car. I have two friends with Camaro's that ready to buy axles and I don't know what to tell them.

IOM Black Diamond 05-09-2015 12:14 AM

We did not pull mine apart to install. I guess I should've checked there work. I really thought with it failing so soon. They should've sent me a new one and then I would send the bad one back. But no now I am without a car.