Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Car Journals (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Tom Henry Racing THR22 2010/LS3/IBM/Supercharged SS Camaro [COTW 10/29/12] (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24276)

zebra 11-13-2011 09:51 PM

here's a good cobra video


Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 4011362)
...
keep watching the back flip is cool because it rotates around the pitch axis.. not a "roll" maneuver The only aircraft that can do that. :headbang:

not anymore
have you seen the MiG-29?

zebra 11-13-2011 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 4011376)
see 1:59 sec ;)

that's a backflip. see my last first video

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 4011390)
Congrats, Chris!! MGW is also adjustable, isn't it?


Gotta love thrust-vectoring!! Gives a whole new level of control to just about anything that used to rely on separate systems to adjust course. :headbang:

I tried to explain this to my middle school kids with regards to rockets...but they just couldn't wrap their minds around it. :laugh:

don't seem that hard... for added directional control, you just point the engines in a new direction along with moving the aerodynamic control surfaces

GTAHVIT 11-13-2011 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 4011390)
Congrats, Chris!! MGW is also adjustable, isn't it?


Gotta love thrust-vectoring!! Gives a whole new level of control to just about anything that used to rely on separate systems to adjust course. :headbang:

I tried to explain this to my middle school kids with regards to rockets...but they just couldn't wrap their minds around it. :laugh:

No, the MGW has a 30% throw reduction, but not adjustable. However it is a complete shifter replacement. No rattle no noise, no heat. perfect.

:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by zebra (Post 4011394)
here's a good cobra video
not anymore
have you seen the MiG-29?

Silly russians....:rolleyes:

Mr. Wyndham 11-13-2011 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 4011416)
No, the MGW has a 30% throw reduction, but not adjustable. However it is a complete shifter replacement. No rattle no noise, no heat. perfect.

Awesome!!
Quote:

Originally Posted by zebra (Post 4011409)
don't seem that hard... for added directional control, you just point the engines in a new direction along with moving the aerodynamic control surfaces

Yup. I know that. Now try to explain it to a bunch of 13 years olds who just a week before learned that thrust doesn't really push a rocket UP...it fires out down...causing an opposite reaction per Newton's third law of motion. THAT blew their minds. :laugh:

zebra 11-13-2011 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 4011426)
...
Yup. I know that. Now try to explain it to a bunch of 13 years olds who just a week before learned that thrust doesn't really push a rocket UP...it fires out down...causing an opposite reaction per Newton's third law of motion. THAT blew their minds. :laugh:

i just had a great practical hands-on application that should help them grasp the concept, but there are probably 1000 fire & safety codes it would violate :facepalm:

and let's face it, not everybody (especially American kids today) is cut out to be a physicist

zebra 11-13-2011 11:56 PM

you see my latest fail yet?
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182225

mlee 11-14-2011 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 4011362)
Brother... You have to get you one of these when you get the ZL1..

Holy $#!t.. I can't believe I waited this long to get this installed....

the difference is unreal... :headbang:

My next weekend Camaro loaner will be a stick... I want to drive a stock one around for a few days so I can compare to the ZL1 which is supposed to have a sorter throw... Then we'll see what the aftermarket has...

Boy I've been missing out w/ the L99...;)

zebra 11-14-2011 08:46 PM

i guarantee it won't be 30% shorter. after i put my RSD shifter in last year, it was night & day difference. the stock one literally looks & feels like an oar to me now

JusticePete 11-14-2011 08:57 PM

There is a rumor about a new Tremec with a direct mount shifter... but not for the ZL1.

zebra 11-14-2011 09:01 PM

http://www.bmwbmw.org/forums/images/...1_all_ears.gif

JusticePete 11-14-2011 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zebra (Post 4017342)

Hey those ears look a lot like a tire on a small wheel I saw some where on this forum :bellyroll:

GTAHVIT 11-14-2011 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JusticePete (Post 4017396)
Hey those ears look a lot like a tire on a small wheel I saw some where on this forum :bellyroll:

:laugh:

Vette owners... always setting trends... :sm0:

Mr. Wyndham 11-14-2011 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JusticePete (Post 4017396)
Hey those ears look a lot like a tire on a small wheel I saw some where on this forum :bellyroll:

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 4017420)
:laugh:

Vette owners... always setting trends... :sm0:

You think it has anything to do with their over-inflated egos? :bellyroll:

JusticePete 11-14-2011 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 4017499)
You think it has anything to do with their over-inflated egos? :bellyroll:

:bow:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.