Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Car Journals (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Tom Henry Racing THR22 2010/LS3/IBM/Supercharged SS Camaro [COTW 10/29/12] (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24276)

Darth_Emma 11-18-2011 09:31 PM

This is the best one I've seen that shows the heel toe-down shifting.


SScattergunSS 11-18-2011 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 4043302)
Poor ED!!!

I'm a southern US guy... born in Tucson, served in San Diego, Live in FL...

I don't do cold... at all.

ever...

LMAO

I'm sooo out of my element here! In Fresno it was real hot and dry during summer. Spring and Fall are gorgeous, and Winter can be foggy, but doesn't last all that long.

Here, it rains all the time like a cow pissin' on a flat rock. I've never seen such large raindrops! It doesn't get as hot, but the sun feels hotter for some reason. The humidity sucks, as do all the mosquitoes, the likes of which I've never seen before! (Fresno used to really go after and kill 'em.) There are no mountains here. Every time I see a hill I get excited before Cyndi, as nice as can be, tells me that it's just a garbage dump that's got grass growing on it. LOL Back there I could get into the San Joaquin River ever day with the dog from late March through Early November. Here there is no water close enough that's good enough to get into. And the roads....I've never seen roads so poorly maintained and designed before. There are huge bumps followed by even bigger potholes all the time. And so much of it is concrete and not asphalt, which I'm not used to. Anyway, winter is going to suck! It's already gotten colder with more wind than I've seen back in California, but at least the mosquitoes are going away.

In any event, I love Cyndi :wub: more than I can tell you....But I can't say the same about Michigan!

SScattergunSS 11-18-2011 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CynAgain (Post 4043409)
This made me laugh! 30 below is quite cold. I have the video camera ready so I can capture his reactions. It should be pretty comical when the weather really sets in. :sm0:



Sounds like rocks in the under carriage at 0:40. :yikes:

Oh, aren't you sweet! I didn't see this until just now! :yikes: :wub:

CynAgain 11-18-2011 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth_Emma (Post 4043466)
This is the best one I've seen that shows the heel toe-down shifting.

:thumbsup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by SScattergunSS (Post 4043485)
I'm sooo out of my element here! In Fresno it was real hot and dry during summer. Spring and Fall are gorgeous, and Winter can be foggy, but doesn't last all that long.

Here, it rains all the time like a cow pissin' on a flat rock. I've never seen such large raindrops! It doesn't get as hot, but the sun feels hotter for some reason. The humidity sucks, as do all the mosquitoes, the likes of which I've never seen before! (Fresno used to really go after and kill 'em.) There are no mountains here. Every time I see a hill I get excited before Cyndi, as nice as can be, tells me that it's just a garbage dump that's got grass growing on it. LOL Back there I could get into the San Joaquin River ever day with the dog from late March through Early November. Here there is no water close enough that's good enough to get into. And the roads....I've never seen roads so poorly maintained and designed before. There are huge bumps followed by even bigger potholes all the time. And so much of it is concrete and not asphalt, which I'm not used to. Anyway, winter is going to suck! It's already gotten colder with more wind than I've seen back in California, but at least the mosquitoes are going away.

In any event, I love Cyndi :wub: more than I can tell you....But I can't say the same about Michigan!

I did tell you about the snow, right? :scared0016:

SScattergunSS 11-18-2011 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CynAgain (Post 4043520)
:thumbsup:



I did tell you about the snow, right? :scared0016:

:mad0260: :emoticon15:

CynAgain 11-18-2011 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SScattergunSS (Post 4043530)
:mad0260: :emoticon15:

:sm0: :sm0: :sm0: :sm0: :sm0:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4071/...8b9b3c15_o.png

SScattergunSS 11-18-2011 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CynAgain (Post 4043553)

You just had to go pull out my Sucker Certificate, didn't you?! :rolleyes: If I didn't love you so much, I'd...I'd...I'd...I don't know what, WOMAN! :wub::wub::wub::wub:

speedster 11-18-2011 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CynAgain (Post 4043553)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SScattergunSS (Post 4043608)
You just had to go pull out my Sucker Certificate, didn't you?! :rolleyes: If I didn't love you so much, I'd...I'd...I'd...I don't know what, WOMAN! :wub::wub::wub::wub:


Glad to see you two love birds posting on here again...

Cool (literally) stuff :thumbsup:

Yes, -that is the ultimate certificate !

CynAgain 11-18-2011 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedster (Post 4043624)
Glad to see you two love birds posting on here again...

Cool (literally) stuff :thumbsup:

Yes, -that is the ultimate certificate !

:wave: Thanks. We missed you too.

SScattergunSS 11-18-2011 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CynAgain (Post 4043635)
:wave: Thanks. We missed you too.

Yes Bruce, thank you! :chevy:

zebra 11-19-2011 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JusticePete (Post 4043160)
Downshifts require a catch can with FI. Do you have one?

:( i'm still working on mine

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS (Post 4043285)
You can teach me the heel and toe shift one day... Not much call for it in a straight line... But could still prove useful...:D

you want to heel-toe in a straight line because you don't want to be downshifting in the middle of a turn. too easy to break the rear end loose

...oh wait - you meant drag racing :facepalm:

Quote:

Originally Posted by CynAgain (Post 4043298)
...I love driving this way. Barefoot always worked best for me :D but there are some nice driving shoes out there too.

ouch :yikes: the pedals in my car ain't very conducive to barefoot driving - not even stock ones
http://www.automotiveaddicts.com/mag...FixedSmall.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth_Emma (Post 4043466)
This is the best one I've seen that shows the heel toe-down shifting.


if the camaro clutch engages/releases as high as i remember, he's working the clutch really slow, it seems

CynAgain 11-19-2011 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zebra (Post 4044198)

ouch :yikes: the pedals in my car ain't very conducive to barefoot driving - not even stock ones


if the camaro clutch engages/releases as high as i remember, he's working the clutch really slow, it seems

No, I won't be driving barefoot with pedals like that. :yikes:

I think the way he is driving is for effect in the video. It would be nice to see him driving all out too, but it wouldn't make for a good instructional video.

zebra 11-19-2011 12:59 AM

good point. the best way i learned was to watch a couple videos like this & then just go out & do it. start off by just sitting in neutral & practice just pressing the brake with the ball of your foot. when that feels comfortable, start incorporating the throttle blips. some people just roll the right side of their foot forward to push the gas; others twist their foot so the heel is able to push the pedal. do whichever is most comfortable for you. my method tends to be a slight combination of the two.

once you feel comfortable with those motions, start adding the clutch movement (leaving the gear selector in neutral). after that starts feeling fluid (or somewhat close enough) start rolling. remember: the purpose of this is to be able to change gears while braking in a straight line, so make sure you've got some speed going. easiest to practice with is 3rd ->2nd. don't be afraid to rev it up on the blip - that was my problem & i'd end up not getting the RPMs high enough to match well.

if it helps rev-matching, just practice without braking. get about halfway up 3rd & let off. as it's coming back down, tap the gas & shift to 2nd. this'll help you get the feel for where the engine needs to be spinning for a certain speed/gear. this is actually how i drive every day. i don't necessarily downshift per-se, but when i do coast down to were a lower gear is needed, i try to rev match just to give my clutch a break.

GTAHVIT 11-19-2011 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SScattergunSS (Post 4043485)
I'm sooo out of my element here! In Fresno it was real hot and dry during summer. Spring and Fall are gorgeous, and Winter can be foggy, but doesn't last all that long.

Here, it rains all the time like a cow pissin' on a flat rock. I've never seen such large raindrops! It doesn't get as hot, but the sun feels hotter for some reason. The humidity sucks, as do all the mosquitoes, the likes of which I've never seen before! (Fresno used to really go after and kill 'em.) There are no mountains here. Every time I see a hill I get excited before Cyndi, as nice as can be, tells me that it's just a garbage dump that's got grass growing on it. LOL Back there I could get into the San Joaquin River ever day with the dog from late March through Early November. Here there is no water close enough that's good enough to get into. And the roads....I've never seen roads so poorly maintained and designed before. There are huge bumps followed by even bigger potholes all the time. And so much of it is concrete and not asphalt, which I'm not used to. Anyway, winter is going to suck! It's already gotten colder with more wind than I've seen back in California, but at least the mosquitoes are going away.

In any event, I love Cyndi :wub: more than I can tell you....But I can't say the same about Michigan!

Dude! the rain drops... OMG.... Same thing in FL... They're like the size of a coffee cup. One smacks you on the head and it's over....

I'm not sure if one summer is worse than another the dry of the west or the humid out here... They both can suck... But I'll tell you what. the next knucklehead that says... Oh it's a dry heat.... :mad0260:

I really do mis Socal... Gah.. but it's just so damn expensive... But try to find a road with more than a 15 degree turn in it down here in FL.... :mad0260:

I used to love driving up to Julian HOURS of curvy mountain roads... :(
Quote:

Originally Posted by CynAgain (Post 4043520)
:thumbsup:



I did tell you about the snow, right? :scared0016:

Ya, this list of stuff that my wife "left out" keeps growing too... :laugh:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.