Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   Interesting Conversation with dealer today... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302849)

Number 3 07-10-2013 07:57 PM

I don't think the Z/28 as currently equipped brings in any "euros". There is nothing about this car that attracts an M3 or M5 buyer. AMG? Nope. Audi RS? Don't think so. Porsche? LOL, could tell you stories from when Mrs. Number 3 was Marketing Mgr. on Corvette and tried to get Porsche folks to consider a Corvette. Almost all would have picked a daily root canal over buying a Corvette.

The "kids" I know that are interested in cars are for the most part not interested in American or Muscle or Iconic.

It will be an awesome car and yes others will certainly consider it. But they will the ones that want a brutal, singularly focused automobile that gets there by force and lots of it.

Don't get me wrong. Love the car, love the concept (I would have done a $15,000 LS7 option on the 1LE but that's me) but IMO there won't be any "bringing in customers that never would have considered GM".

Also, that alllll being said, I hope I'm wrong.

HeadonaStick 07-10-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 3 (Post 6772823)
I don't think the Z/28 as currently equipped brings in any "euros". There is nothing about this car that attracts an M3 or M5 buyer. AMG? Nope. Audi RS? Don't think so. Porsche? LOL, could tell you stories from when Mrs. Number 3 was Marketing Mgr. on Corvette and tried to get Porsche folks to consider a Corvette. Almost all would have picked a daily root canal over buying a Corvette.

The "kids" I know that are interested in cars are for the most part not interested in American or Muscle or Iconic.

It will be an awesome car and yes others will certainly consider it. But they will the ones that want a brutal, singularly focused automobile that gets there by force and lots of it.

Don't get me wrong. Love the car, love the concept (I would have done a $15,000 LS7 option on the 1LE but that's me) but IMO there won't be any "bringing in customers that never would have considered GM".

Also, that alllll being said, I hope I'm wrong.

Interesting conversation over in the Porsche forums about the Z/28 and a lot are very interested in the Z/28.

I think price is going to be important on that score - I don't see many trading in their Porsches for a Z/28 at the same price point.

Moreno Motorsports 07-10-2013 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 3 (Post 6772823)
I don't think the Z/28 as currently equipped brings in any "euros". There is nothing about this car that attracts an M3 or M5 buyer. AMG? Nope. Audi RS? Don't think so. Porsche? LOL, could tell you stories from when Mrs. Number 3 was Marketing Mgr. on Corvette and tried to get Porsche folks to consider a Corvette. Almost all would have picked a daily root canal over buying a Corvette.

The "kids" I know that are interested in cars are for the most part not interested in American or Muscle or Iconic.

It will be an awesome car and yes others will certainly consider it. But they will the ones that want a brutal, singularly focused automobile that gets there by force and lots of it.

Don't get me wrong. Love the car, love the concept (I would have done a $15,000 LS7 option on the 1LE but that's me) but IMO there won't be any "bringing in customers that never would have considered GM".

Also, that alllll being said, I hope I'm wrong.

Z/28 is pulling in people from all over, not just American car consumers. Just look around at the other forums.

Here's a thread on bimmerpost

And if you haven't seen the thread I made on the Porsche crowd here's a link

This forum has at least 2 new active members from rennlist because of this car.

I think its pretty clear GM has grabbed the attention of the euro market. Well... i guess it would be more accurate to say that GM is pulling the track folk, who tend to buy euro because they can turn :lol: but don't care as much for the luxury... I.e. they just want performance. many of the euro sports car buyers want a combo of luxury and performance which this doesnt offer. I think it's great and I'm super stoked to see what GM has in store for the 6th gen with a fresh start.

Sven59 07-12-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JusticePete (Post 6769544)
Are you wagering your 25 cents?

Do I have to go that high?

FINALLYSATISFIED 07-12-2013 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sven59 (Post 6768018)
Considering some of the parts in the ZL1 are stamped Z/28 and the 1LE came out after the ZL1 that might be debatable.

GM messed up naming the 1LE, ZL1 and Z/28 what it is today. Someone didnt fully think out the process. They named the ZL1 the "Ultimate" Camaro but yet the Z/28 is suppose to claim that title along with the $64,995-72,995 price point. Now there is the 1LE whom is just caught in the middle. Who would have thought the rims that come standard on a 1LE would be as popular, if they weren't alot of people would be saying the $3500 option isn't all that worth it.

GM needs to think of better associated names with the trim levels in the future to keep this boat afloat.

You can bet your bottom dollar forums are talking about the Z/28 after all the Z28 or Z/28 is what car enthusiasts know when it comes to the Camaro. Why wouldn't they.

S-eatin-grin 07-12-2013 10:07 AM

Truly an awesome car...but still a heavy Camaro compensated by high tech components. I think GM will not have any problems finding enough fat wallets or fat egos to buy how ever many it decides to make. I do however doubt how many "euro" buyers will be attracted to this car. It still has the stigma of being a Camaro and a lot of the euro crowd simply see GM products as beneath them. These cars will sell to true track guys and others who have to have that name Z28 nameplate. I know to one of the latter exmaples. He says he is getting a Z28 with A/C and every other comfort option available.

shaffe 07-12-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S-eatin-grin (Post 6776362)
Truly an awesome car...but still a heavy Camaro compensated by high tech components. I think GM will not have any problems finding enough fat wallets or fat egos to buy how ever many it decides to make. I do however doubt how many "euro" buyers will be attracted to this car. It still has the stigma of being a Camaro and a lot of the euro crowd simply see GM products as beneath them. These cars will sell to true track guys and others who have to have that name Z28 nameplate. I know to one of the latter exmaples. He says he is getting a Z28 with A/C and every other comfort option available.

Unfortunate but true. It's "still" a camaro and "still" a GM. Too many snobs out there

2cnd chance 07-12-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED (Post 6776352)
GM messed up naming the 1LE, ZL1 and Z/28 what it is today. Someone didnt fully think out the process. They named the ZL1 the "Ultimate" Camaro but yet the Z/28 is suppose to claim that title along with the $64,995-72,995 price point. Now there is the 1LE whom is just caught in the middle. Who would have thought the rims that come standard on a 1LE would be as popular, if they weren't alot of people would be saying the $3500 option isn't all that worth it.

GM needs to think of better associated names with the trim levels in the future to keep this boat afloat.

You can bet your bottom dollar forums are talking about the Z/28 after all the Z28 or Z/28 is what car enthusiasts know when it comes to the Camaro. Why wouldn't they.

The ZL1 is the ultimate Camaro. It can do everything. I personally think GM has put the Camaro and its offerings in perfect order.

JusticePete 07-15-2013 12:41 PM

When #3 referenced Euro buyers I don't think he was referring specifically to the Z/28, but rather in a broader sense of the Camaro range. As a track star, the Z/28 has a broad audience among those that enjoy spending time on a road course.

z28man2 08-15-2013 03:12 PM

GM playing puppeteer to their dealers. I never seen such a company bone there own dealers every which way but loose. :)

Number 3 08-15-2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z28man2 (Post 6901733)
GM playing puppeteer to their dealers. I never seen such a company bone there own dealers every which way but loose. :)

Details.....

z28man2 08-15-2013 03:37 PM

From what i understood the dealer takes all the brunt of every sales issue, gm doesnt do what they say they are going to do about anything, especially credit the dealer for outstanding warranty claims that need to be paid.

OldScoolCamaro 08-16-2013 09:36 PM

...look, if you have a personal issue, claim, or problem....post it, otherwise don't pass on gossip from third party sources. You document you are a '13 ZL1 owner, relate to your own personal experiences. As Ben Franklin said...''believe half of what you see, and none of what you hear".

2cnd chance 08-17-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro (Post 6907564)
...look, if you have a personal issue, claim, or problem....post it, otherwise don't pass on gossip from third party sources. You document you are a '13 ZL1 owner, relate to your own personal experiences. As Ben Franklin said...''believe half of what you see, and none of what you hear".

:happy0180: nice work!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.