Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   RS tail lights? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7044)

MLL67RSSS 09-23-2008 08:17 AM

RS tail lights?

As for the tail lights I been looking for what exactly is different from the RS tailights and the base non-RS tail lights. They are supposed to be different right? There are pictures of the sliver SS (non-RS) and the yellow RS with the tailights lit. There does seem to me to be a subtle difference. I looks like the inner edges/sides inside the tailight are blacked out for the RS ones, other than that I don't see a much of a difference., at least compared to the base headlights to the RS/Halo ones.

Mike L.

RSHugger 09-23-2008 08:21 AM

The big difference will be when the lights are on... afterburners on the RS. :thumbup:

Bumble Bee '77 09-23-2008 08:23 AM

the RS taillights are a bit darker then the standard taillights.

MLL67RSSS 09-23-2008 08:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Yes in looking a the pictures again it appears they blacked out part of the inner lense bezel on the RS to accentuate the round "afterburner" look.
Look at the part outlined in green:

MLL67RSSS 09-23-2008 08:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Looks like it's chrome like on the non-RS tailights:

MLL67RSSS 09-23-2008 08:33 AM

Do you suppose those are the REAL tail lights?:yikes::laugh:

Hylton 09-23-2008 08:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The RS gets a darker red lense than the non RS. No after burner look is available for any car. I specifically asked Tom Peters that question this past weekend. They indicated that the afterburner look was a bit cost restrictive to execute. You can be sure that the after burner look will be done by the after market though and I'll be first in line! The chrome around the lens is added on the high level trim cars.

These are the tail lights I would have loved to see on the SS car:

carfansince73 09-23-2008 08:54 AM

I was expecting a bigger difference in the taillights. A V6 RS will be easier to spot because it will say RS on the trunk, not so much for the SS/RS.

That afterburner looks is NICE!! Too bad we won't be getting it from the factory. :cry:

playhard67 09-23-2008 09:40 AM

I was told at Indy that the RS lens on the Yellow car were not final and the final lenses will be darker. How much, I don't know.

The_Blur 09-23-2008 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hylton (Post 136347)
The RS gets a darker red lense than the non RS. No after burner look is available for any car. I specifically asked Tom Peters that question this past weekend. They indicated that the afterburner look was a bit cost restrictive to execute. You can be sure that the after burner look will be done by the after market though and I'll be first in line! The chrome around the lens is added on the high level trim cars.

These are the tail lights I would have loved to see on the SS car:

This is still possible if you're willing to take apart your lenses. You just need to darken the center piece with some liquid tint.

Hylton 09-23-2008 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by playhard67 (Post 136362)
I was told at Indy that the RS lens on the Yellow car were not final and the final lenses will be darker. How much, I don't know.

I believe you are right.

lalometalik 09-23-2008 11:02 AM

so what is the difference again exactly? :iono:

lalometalik 09-23-2008 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lalometalik (Post 136429)
so what is the difference again exactly? :iono:

nvm ^^^

SoFlaZ 09-23-2008 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Blur (Post 136365)
This is still possible if you're willing to take apart your lenses. You just need to darken the center piece with some liquid tint.

Exactly, if I end up not being able to afford the RS package, theres nothing a few coats of nightshades cant fix.