Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro 1LE Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   CCR Anyone? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=342139)

Oregon1LE 02-12-2014 11:25 PM

CCR Anyone?

My name is Dean, I was diagnosed two years ago with a very rare form of pancreatic cancer. I was givin 30 days to live. After surgery they gave me 50% chance to make it longer than a month. Today I'm here because of a never give up attitude and a hell of a lot of support.

So I ordered a 14 1LE, should be here no later than June at the very latest. I would like to know if anyone would be interested to join me , help organize , a Camaro Cancer Relay (CCR), with all proceeds going to a cancer research that we all vote on?

I have no problem carrying the "torch" from say Seattle Wa to Denver Co, and handing it off to another member to take and so on? If organized correctly with social media we could post times we would come through cities and have members cruise with us as long as they can , and have the "torch" brought back full circle! And he'll if we could get some vendor support , I might just wrap my car for the occasion and take it the whole way! Ya I know 6000 miles, but dam it would be way better than the hot rod power tour! And what a great way to see all of the best camaros around!

If anyone might be interested or have ideas please post and let me know!

whan 02-12-2014 11:41 PM

Wow, that's amazing Dean! Congratulations!

Unfortunately my car has already come down to the Bay Area from Portland for postgrad, otherwise I'd love to join. But if it does route around to california...

Also, you might want to post this in the General Discussion subforum as well

Msmall143 02-12-2014 11:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'd participate for an east coast portion. My wife (29 years old) has been battling stage 4 breast cancer for the last 9 months. 9 months of straight chemo and she's still got a good attitude

From a photo shoot she did with saks 5th avenue.

Mod- could we relocate this to the general thread to possibly get more eyes on it?

Dean - could you possibly change the thread title to camaro cancer relay (ccr) so folks know what it's all about?

1LE801 02-12-2014 11:54 PM

Keep fighting Dean!

My mother is in remission from stage 4 breast cancer. It took both her breasts and all the treatment really took a toll.

I would be honored to help with this event. Please let me know what I can do.

Best wishes,

Jared

Oregon1LE 02-13-2014 12:05 AM

You guys are the best! So I just posted this in the general forum.

S3XPanther 02-13-2014 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Msmall143 (Post 7417759)
I'd participate for an east coast portion.

I'd be down for that as well. Truly amazing story, Dean. Indeed, congratulations!

Schluney 02-13-2014 12:17 AM

I would love to participate if it makes it's way through Minnesota!

riki3fan 02-13-2014 12:18 AM

Our club in Denver has a Cars Conquering Cancer Poker Run in May to raise money for the American Cancer Society. You might be able to coordinate with the organizers. Check out the Facebook page for Cars Conquering Cancer, the Camaro Club of the Rockies initiative for more information. Good luck!

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Wilsonation 02-13-2014 12:34 AM

If this comes through Pennsylvania I would love to participate. We could line up all the cars on Clay Ave, in Jeannette PA and have a lunch at one of the restaurants that just expanded on Clay. The city will even allow us to shut down the street to have a car show where we could attract all car guys in the area and set up a booth to take donations. I can run this past the mayor, I'm headed to City Hall at some point tomorrow anyway.

Wilsonation 02-13-2014 12:35 AM

I also happen to work at the most popular auto parts store in the area and we can post flyers for the event.

Wilsonation 02-13-2014 12:39 AM

It would be very cool too, to set up a bunch of GoPro Cameras in/on the cars participating and record the events. Make a DVD and sell that to collect more proceeds.

Top~Dog 02-13-2014 06:07 AM

I'm in - great cause and a great awareness campaign.

scottc 02-13-2014 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilsonation (Post 7417804)
If this comes through Pennsylvania I would love to participate. We could line up all the cars on Clay Ave, in Jeannette PA and have a lunch at one of the restaurants that just expanded on Clay. The city will even allow us to shut down the street to have a car show where we could attract all car guys in the area and set up a booth to take donations. I can run this past the mayor, I'm headed to City Hall at some point tomorrow anyway.

I'll join in too, would love to help you out Dean

wocampb 02-13-2014 08:12 AM

Bring this down to Phoenix and I can guarantee we will get a bunch of us from the local club to join in on this great cause!