Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Car Journals (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Tom Henry Racing THR22 2010/LS3/IBM/Supercharged SS Camaro [COTW 10/29/12] (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24276)

600hp-lpe 04-06-2011 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 3061924)
Fro sho nuff iz........... :headbang:


Wut? :sm0:

PQ 04-06-2011 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 600hp-lpe (Post 3062101)
There are usually a few small issues when modifying the suspension..

just ask PQ.. LOL

I had to do a few creative things to get my setup to work.
Like having John at CCW make some new rear rims to replace the new rear rims after we tried the first set of rims.. (It's not easy to fit a 12.5" wide 18" rear rim on these cars).. :yikes: but now it fits, and it's a skateboard when they are on there. :D
or modifying the brand new, very expensive lower control arms from Spohn with a Grinder before I could race it.:(

My friends all love the ambition and dedication I put into my car during the off-season.:facepalm: They think I'm certifiable. LOL

They are glad I am entering race season where I don't modify stuff unless I have to - just tweak parts and the setup to dial it in. It's been a lot of weekends working late Saturday and Sunday to fit stuff together this winter. 5 months of building, shaping, cutting, stripping the interior, putting it back, trial fitting, etc. during this off-season.

I really like building the cars.. putting them together is half the fun. :thumbsup:
Using them to their full extent is the other half.:thumbup:

Cmon' Fest!!! I'm ready to start using it! :popcorn::burnrubber:

Is C5FII your first track use of the car?

600hp-lpe 04-06-2011 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 3062148)
Is C5FII your first track use of the car?


no.. but it is the first time I drove it since I did a boatload of work to it..

I finished last season in 4th place in SCCA SOLOII Autocross - Street Modified class for the entire season - New England Region..:headbang:

PQ 04-06-2011 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 600hp-lpe (Post 3062219)
no.. but it is the first time I drove it since I did a boatload of work to it..

I finished last season in 4th place in SCCA SOLOII Autocross - Street Modified class for the entire season - New England Region..

Whoa........ You be in the same class this year? Or move up?

600hp-lpe 04-06-2011 04:40 PM

I am in the same class..
I kept reading the rulebook to make sure I didn't go outside the rules with all the stuff I did.

it's going to be a battle this year. The guy I race against in my class is the national champion for the country.. I have been shrinking the gap every race last year. The changes this year should help me get close to his times.

The other guy I am competing against runs a high downforce wing and a front splitter on his car. It's going to cost me almost 3K for the quality parts to add to my car.. I am going to do them towards the end of the year, or over next winter.

I will show you the wing I am going to use when we are at the fest.. there will be a comparable wing on one of the GM concept cars. At 100 MPH, the rear wing generates 900 Lbs downforce... it needs to be mounted THROUGH the trunk to the frame.

PQ 04-06-2011 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 600hp-lpe (Post 3062247)
I am in the same class..
I kept reading the rulebook to make sure I didn't go outside the rules with all the stuff I did.

:laugh: Name of the game I suppose.

zebra 04-06-2011 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 600hp-lpe (Post 3062247)
...
I will show you the wing I am going to use when we are at the fest.. there will be a comparable wing on one of the GM concept cars. At 100 MPH, the rear wing generates 900 Lbs downforce... it needs to be mounted THROUGH the trunk to the frame.

oh, i've already seen it
























http://www.foreverredwood.com/images...able_6b_lg.jpg

600hp-lpe 04-06-2011 06:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'd use that, but the rules only let you have 900 square inches of wing...

Hint.. these guy's run the same airfoil I am going to use for the basis of the rear wing.

Darth_Emma 04-06-2011 06:17 PM

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attach...1&d=1302127352

I wonder what those DRs cost and if they'd fit my car... :bellyroll:

PQ 04-06-2011 06:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth_Emma (Post 3062585)

I wonder what those DRs cost and if they'd fit my car... :bellyroll:

Know what......???

I think they will. :bellyroll: :bellyroll: :bellyroll:

Attachment 224768

600hp-lpe 04-06-2011 06:31 PM

I know a chassis shop that can make them fit. :D

This guy has that size rear tire. I don't think he will pass state inspection for a street car, though..

Hey.. I just noticed.. he has the rear wing I need. LOL

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/1...opromodak5.jpg

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/390...promod2da6.jpg

Mr Twisty 04-06-2011 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 3061525)
Kind of a long story...

Short version is..I have an improperly sized upper spring perch bushing.

GM has as much as 3/8" of an inch margin of error in bushing height...

With the way I have my coilovers set up it is just stiff enough that when the bushing moves that top nut just taps the trunk floor with the right amount of jolt... Like dropping off the curb on my driveway when backing out..

So, Pete and Bruce@Ramonds told me how to fix it... and I was a fixin it :D..

and then I brokted it :(

There was a thread about that, affects one in a hundred, you're the one LOL
... I think I shall call you...




http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/n/neo1.jpg


Quote:

Originally Posted by 600hp-lpe (Post 3062101)
There are usually a few small issues when modifying the suspension..

just ask PQ.. LOL

I had to do a few creative things to get my setup to work.
Like having John at CCW make some new rear rims to replace the new rear rims after we tried the first set of rims.. (It's not easy to fit a 12.5" wide 18" rear rim on these cars).. :yikes: but now it fits, and it's a skateboard when they are on there. :D
or modifying the brand new, very expensive lower control arms from Spohn with a Grinder before I could race it.:(

My friends all love the ambition and dedication I put into my car during the off-season.:facepalm: They think I'm certifiable. LOL

They are glad I am entering race season where I don't modify stuff unless I have to - just tweak parts and the setup to dial it in. It's been a lot of weekends working late Saturday and Sunday to fit stuff together this winter. 5 months of building, shaping, cutting, stripping the interior, putting it back, trial fitting, etc. during this off-season.

I really like building the cars.. putting them together is half the fun. :thumbsup:
Using them to their full extent is the other half.:thumbup:

Cmon' Fest!!! I'm ready to start using it! :popcorn::burnrubber:

Your car is looking great! Can't wait to see it in person :thumbup:

600hp-lpe 04-06-2011 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69
Your car is looking great! Can't wait to see it in person :thumbup:

Thanks..

I'm looking forward to being able to finally drive it.

PQ 04-06-2011 07:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 (Post 3062706)
There was a thread about that, affects one in a hundred, you're the one LOL
... I think I shall call you...




http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/n/neo1.jpg

:yikes:

I guess that makes me ...................

Attachment 224787


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.