Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Car Journals (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Tom Henry Racing THR22 2010/LS3/IBM/Supercharged SS Camaro [COTW 10/29/12] (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24276)

GTAHVIT 10-14-2010 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Jkel (Post 2440970)
I have been doing a little research and am thinking about getting one, even though my car is only cammed.

Well based on what I've asked all LS cars should have one..

Just more on the FI builds due to the increase in case pressure.... It seems like this is a great mod for any LS motor.

:thumbsup:

Dr Jkel 10-14-2010 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 2441018)
Well based on what I've asked all LS cars should have one..

Just more on the FI builds due to the increase in case pressure.... It seems like this is a great mod for any LS motor.

:thumbsup:

Yeah this is what I am finding out, trying to see which ones I like.

zebra 10-14-2010 04:39 PM

added to my list

Darth_Emma 10-14-2010 05:29 PM

I got the Elite Engineering catch can. From what I've read, they are a good idea for the L99 motors too, especially with FI.

GTAHVIT 10-14-2010 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth_Emma (Post 2441974)
I got the Elite Engineering catch can. From what I've read, they are a good idea for the L99 motors too, especially with FI.

absolutely... :thumbsup:

when I say LS I pretty much include all of em LS1, LS2 LS3/L99 The experts like Mike all seem to agree that there is a little too much oil vapor recirculating on these engines.

FI definitely increases the amount of crank case pressure producing more vapor.

thank god for the aftermarket :D :headbang:

speedster 10-14-2010 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 2441998)
absolutely... :thumbsup:

when I say LS I pretty much include all of em LS1, LS2 LS3/L99 The experts like Mike all seem to agree that there is a little too much oil vapor recirculating on these engines.

FI definitely increases the amount of crank case pressure producing more vapor.

thank god for the aftermarket :D :headbang:


Nice ! :w00t:

The last thing you want is a HP car with a smoke screen around it.

Yeah, Mike is the man. That will look good under da hood...

WadeWilson 10-14-2010 09:20 PM

Is this something I could install myself? Keep in mind I'm normally not someone you would find working under the hood. ;)

IBM/2SS/RS/LS3 10-14-2010 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shardik2SS (Post 2442824)
Is this something I could install myself? Keep in mind I'm normally not someone you would find working under the hood. ;)

You can check mine out on Sunday if it works out. Took me a half hour to install and with 1400 miles, I had over an ounce in the can.. Hardest part of the install are those EFFIN CLIPS!!

WadeWilson 10-14-2010 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IBM/2SS/RS/LS3 (Post 2442855)
You can check mine out on Sunday if it works out. Took me a half hour to install and with 1400 miles, I had over an ounce in the can.. Hardest part of the install are those EFFIN CLIPS!!

Cool deal! :w00t:

GTAHVIT 10-15-2010 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedster (Post 2442631)
Nice ! :w00t:

The last thing you want is a HP car with a smoke screen around it.

Yeah, Mike is the man. That will look good under da hood...

Unless it's tire smoke.... :D

:blackvertshift:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shardik2SS (Post 2442907)
Cool deal! :w00t:

I'll do a DIY vid for it... so you'll see how it's done pretty straight forward install.

You should have no problem bro.

WadeWilson 10-15-2010 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 2444197)

I'll do a DIY vid for it... so you'll see how it's done pretty straight forward install.

You should have no problem bro.

Appreciate it bro! :respekt: :drinking:

GTAHVIT 10-18-2010 04:10 PM

Finally got my Heritage Grille Installed.

;)

Looks AWESOME!!!

Thanks Becky!!!!! :drinking:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attach...1&d=1287431523

WadeWilson 10-18-2010 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 2455622)
Finally got my Heritage Grille Installed.

;)

Looks AWESOME!!!

Thanks Becky!!!!! :drinking:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attach...1&d=1287431523

NICE!!! :headbang: :drinking: The more I see the Heritage grille the more I like it. I didn't like them at all when they were first released but I'm seriously considering one for mine.

Dr Jkel 10-18-2010 05:06 PM

They look great, I did the old school SS on the front and I love it. Looks great Chris


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.