Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Official SCT Thread (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=490459)

Official SCT 04-06-2017 04:35 PM

Official SCT Thread

Introducing the Official SCT Thread for SCT Technical Resources. This thread will be monitored throughout the day during normal business hours (9am-6pm Est) however please allow at least 24 hours for a response.

For immediate Tech support please reach us at (407) 774-2447

Kens ss 04-12-2017 10:23 PM

Just used my SCT to upload a custom tune. Pretty straight forward. A bit scary uploading to the car the very first time. As one does not know what to expect.
But went well!
Can you explain how and what the data logger can do?

Official SCT 04-13-2017 10:34 AM

Our LiveLink software can be used to help diagnose some issues and assist our dealers in remotely writing tunes. You essentially hook a Windows based computer to your tuner and then the tuner to your vehicle. The tuner forwards data to your computer and LiveLink displays it in a more human readable way.

The data that the tuner reads is information your vehicle uses to alter fueling and how it drives. Things like air temperature, pedal position, and intake air flow help determine how much fuel to add to the engine and when to fire the spark plugs. After market parts sometimes alter these expected values in a way that the PCM has trouble deciphering and that's where custom tuning comes into place. A custom tuner can look at air/fuel ratio at a certain RPM and see how much it's off to adjust for something like an after market CAI.

Let me know if this answers your question.

Shane27 04-20-2017 01:01 PM

Where can I find good custom tunes/X4 settings for my L99?

qcman 04-20-2017 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shane27 (Post 9683878)

Talk to Dynosteve on here for a Custom tune to load with your tuner. My L99 kicks now:bow:

Kens ss 04-20-2017 07:37 PM

Quote:

I second the recommendation for dynosteve. He can send an emailed tune to upload to the SCT tuner.
I was blown away by the change in performance. Also turned off the AFM which always annoyed me.
This tune includes tuning the tranny for quicker and firmer shifts.

Official SCT 04-21-2017 08:36 AM

Quote:

You can also check our website to locate Dealers in your area but since we have so many dealers we really cant choose one over the other.

https://www.sctflash.com/where-to-buy

+ Thanks guys for the suggestion on Dynospeed

InFiD3ViL 04-22-2017 03:33 PM

Word of advice to anyone using an SCT handheld to tune their car:

Make certain your battery is at full charge.

The tuner seems to be very sensitive to anything below full charge. And do NOT touch anything inside the car while the tune is installing. Windows, locks, radio, etc...

If I need to do anything with my X4, I will usually let the car run for a good 5-10 mins to charge beforehand.

PFL 04-29-2017 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Official SCT (Post 9670843)
Our LiveLink software can be used to help diagnose some issues and assist our dealers in remotely writing tunes. You essentially hook a Windows based computer to your tuner and then the tuner to your vehicle. The tuner forwards data to your computer and LiveLink displays it in a more human readable way.

The data that the tuner reads is information your vehicle uses to alter fueling and how it drives. Things like air temperature, pedal position, and intake air flow help determine how much fuel to add to the engine and when to fire the spark plugs. After market parts sometimes alter these expected values in a way that the PCM has trouble deciphering and that's where custom tuning comes into place. A custom tuner can look at air/fuel ratio at a certain RPM and see how much it's off to adjust for something like an after market CAI.

Let me know if this answers your question.

Thank you very much for the forum support. Wanted to know why sct what you say is something that really helps your customers, you do not have the option to read ethanol% or alcohol%. Simply these PIDs do not work for reading. I've already contacted you for customer support, I've spoken to Keith or other support and I've never been clear why Livelink is unable to read E85. I can only do the readings with HPtuners. Could you help us with a solution in your tool?

Official SCT 05-01-2017 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PFL (Post 9700389)
Thank you very much for the forum support. Wanted to know why sct what you say is something that really helps your customers, you do not have the option to read ethanol% or alcohol%. Simply these PIDs do not work for reading. I've already contacted you for customer support, I've spoken to Keith or other support and I've never been clear why Livelink is unable to read E85. I can only do the readings with HPtuners. Could you help us with a solution in your tool?

We can get in a ticket to add those for your vehicle. To do so I would need you vehicle's ECU strategy and SWPN (if it's 2011) which is found in vehicle info when hooked up via OBD to the vehicle in question.

PFL 05-01-2017 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Official SCT (Post 9703465)
We can get in a ticket to add those for your vehicle. To do so I would need you vehicle's ECU strategy and SWPN (if it's 2011) which is found in vehicle info when hooked up via OBD to the vehicle in question.

My ECU 12639270. These pids are not valid for datalog in Livelink. It is not possible to activate them with my ECU 12639270. I hope you solve this problem. All 2011 car models and other models are impossible to make reading fuel alcohol content and alcohol%.

Official SCT 05-02-2017 08:00 AM

With that being a GM I'll be needed the year, make, model, and engine size as well. I know we have that PID for newer ecoboosts so it should be something we have on the GM side moving forward.

PFL 05-02-2017 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Official SCT (Post 9704314)
With that being a GM I'll be needed the year, make, model, and engine size as well. I know we have that PID for newer ecoboosts so it should be something we have on the GM side moving forward.

I Have Camaro SS year/model 2011, automatic transmission, engine 6.2 ls3 , L99 ECU system.
I'm very upset about livelink not giving this support. Honestly if I knew I would need the hptuners to do the E85 reading I would not have bought the x4 sct. But I have hope that you will adjust the Livelink for reading E85. Many guys are doing E85 conversion, this PID is indispensable for custom tune and customer safety.
Thanks

Official SCT 05-03-2017 08:16 AM

I double checked the available PIDs for this vehicle before submitting the ticket and found the following.

http://i.imgur.com/bEJB5Dz.jpg

Make sure you have DB version 106 or newer and those should be showing up for you. Depending on how old the database is you may have to uninstall and install a fresh download from our website to get it to properly update. You can download LiveLink from this link

https://az824306.vo.msecnd.net/softw...ink_Gen-II.exe