Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   I asked my dealer a specific question. (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42142)

OddJob 09-12-2009 02:11 PM

I asked my dealer a specific question.

I emailed my salesman yesterday with a specific question "how many are on the list and how many allocations do you get a week?"

He called and left a msg today. He said that GM takes them in order and it should be mid-Oct before GM picks up my order. I ordered 8/21.

He did not answer either question. Is this normal?

I'm in California, and I'm willing to travel the state, but I'm not willing to purchase a car outside of CA.

Thoughts?

Sir Nuke 09-12-2009 02:22 PM

is it normal that your salesman didn't answer your direct question? YES, many times they are not very good at communication. Get him on the phone and ask him that very question again, and if he tells you the same thing, tell him, you did NOT answer my question, do I need to take my business somewhere else to get a straight answer?? or to the owner?? and see what he has to say. after all HE WORKS FOR YOU, not the other way around.

jrboyd_1980 09-12-2009 02:26 PM

I agree with Sir Nuke. Nuke where in South Texas you from?

Nachos!! 09-12-2009 10:43 PM

Most salesmen dont know the answeres to those questions, atleast they dont around here. I started calling and asking for the new car sales manager and he answeres my questions no problem.

Sir Nuke 09-12-2009 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrboyd_1980 (Post 914545)
I agree with Sir Nuke. Nuke where in South Texas you from?

jrboyd, I live in Bay City, near Wharton, southeast of Houston. I have been working in the nuclear industry for 33 years, hence my name.

ProstZ28 09-12-2009 11:54 PM

talk to the sales manager he/she should be able to print your order workbench,(mine did) if no good answer i would go else where!!! but thats just my opinion.

linton23 09-14-2009 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OddJob (Post 914509)
I emailed my salesman yesterday with a specific question "how many are on the list and how many allocations do you get a week?"

He called and left a msg today. He said that GM takes them in order and it should be mid-Oct before GM picks up my order. I ordered 8/21.

He did not answer either question. Is this normal?

I'm in California, and I'm willing to travel the state, but I'm not willing to purchase a car outside of CA.

Thoughts?

He should be able to tell you how many they have on there list as far as allocation we get told that we will have so many per month in our case 1 per month so far but we dont know when that month they will come up for order.