Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   I shouldn't have done anything right? hahaa (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221285)

martyhalmi 05-03-2012 05:23 PM

I shouldn't have done anything right? hahaa

sitting in my car paralleled park waiting for my sister to get out of an exam, didn't feed the meter since I'm just waiting and theres mustang parked in front of me... meter man comes up and writes him a ticket and not me... he should have bought a camaro I guess :iono:

Blue Demon 05-03-2012 05:27 PM

You should buy a lottery ticket for tonight's drawing.

martyhalmi 05-03-2012 05:27 PM

I mean it's not like I have 2 $10 dollar rolls of quarters sitting in my glove box... and $2.25 in the cup holder

Mr_Draco 05-03-2012 05:34 PM

Was there someone sitting in the mustang?

AdamZ 05-03-2012 05:38 PM

I highly doubt the meter maids want to get in a conflict with someone who is sitting in their car. In Ohio, an occupied vehicle can not be considered parked until there is no one in the drivers seat.

ihaveacamaro 05-03-2012 05:47 PM

Yeah, you never or hardly ever get a ticket (parking) if you are actually in the car. The belief is that the confrontation can lead to danger and that is not worth the life of the traffic enforcer employee.

The Stig 05-03-2012 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamZ (Post 4907275)
I highly doubt the meter maids want to get in a conflict with someone who is sitting in their car. In Ohio, an occupied vehicle can not be considered parked until there is no one in the drivers seat.

This. If someone is inside the car (doesn't matter if its the driver or shotgun or backseat) then the car is considered to be standing, not parked.

B@tman 05-03-2012 06:17 PM

Yea I think the most that would've happened on a bad day is being told to pay or move.

RJTV6A 05-03-2012 07:01 PM

I thought there was some law against putting money into a meter for a unknown parked car to prevent them from getting a ticket. Has anyone else ever heard of that also?

cmb74656 05-03-2012 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJTV6A (Post 4907686)
I thought there was some law against putting money into a meter for a unknown parked car to prevent them from getting a ticket. Has anyone else ever heard of that also?

I've heard that, also.

Knowing my luck, if I were in the OP's situation, I would have gotten out of the car to feed the meter and the Meter Reader would choose that exact moment to begin writing me a parking ticket. :facepalm:

B@tman 05-03-2012 07:42 PM

Quote:

Wow I had no idea it was against the law, I remember when the movie "Pay it Forward" came out EVERYONE was paying other people's meter fees. Honestly if I were in the OP's situation I would've actually asked if I could pay for a "friend's" meter.

Imagine the blue oval fan switching sides in an instant...that would've been priceless!

Duflar 05-04-2012 08:25 AM

Honestly Officer, I thought it was a bubble gum machine.

Mr_Draco 05-04-2012 09:27 AM

Quote:

I've heard of it but I've never seen it enforced. An officer simply wouldn't know if it's your car or not.