Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Do ya' like the guys who work with you on your car? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135728)

Ivas 03-18-2011 08:41 PM

Do ya' like the guys who work with you on your car?

For me, driving, repairing, rebuilding, modifying cars of all qualities and types has occupied a happy corner of my life for over 40 years. I'm curious whether you fellahs feel friendly, or even brotherly, toward and with those who work with you on your cars?

Forcer 03-18-2011 08:44 PM

when it comes to exhaust, and basic engine work, and oil changes im very happy and satisfied with the people i use, when it comes to modding, and bodywork i do that myself.

DocKevin 03-18-2011 09:15 PM

I usually don't use a lot of the same people to work on my cars. There are a few dealers around this area that have known me/my family for a decade or longer and so I occasionally go to them for work. I don't have a shop or anything in the garage, so some work I need to get them to take care of since I don't have the tools. So, in that sense, I like the cars that "work" with me on the cars.

Most of the time though, I do my mods and such on my own.

Eric Baker 03-19-2011 07:56 AM

I do all my own work and maintenance. I don't want anyone else touching my car unless it's necessary(warranty/crash repair/windshield).

Supercharged SS 03-19-2011 08:00 AM

The only shop that has touched my car is Jannetty. Happy doesn't even begin to describe how happy I am that Ted is 10 minutes away. And it's more than liking him and his guys. We have developed a good friendship. So put me down for a hell yeah, I like my guys!!

SSE 4 2SS 03-19-2011 08:02 AM

I have enjoyed many a happy hour, with good friends working on cars, and a brewski or two.... thousand...

There have also been so really stressful times, late in the evening, trying to get the car ready for the main feature laying in the dust and dirt and rocks stabbing a transmission into the car with less than thirty minutes until line-up... but those were some of the best times,

I have a Professional Shop doing my build right now, and a better bunch of folks would be hard to find. I think thats a big part of the relationship between a happy customer, and the not so happy... I've been to lunch with them several times, and when I mentioned to Narc, a mechanic in the shop I use, that I appreciated the effort and detail he put into his work, he said he was happy to do so, and thanks for trusting their shop... That means a lot...

so, like in most anything, liking those around you is important...

Expand-A-Sign USA 03-19-2011 08:13 AM

East Coast Supercharging in Cream Ridge, NJ is my shop. Chris, Doug and Mike are great to work with and always helpful answering questions.

Technician Tommy has done fantastic work on my Pfadt coilovers, trailing arms/bushings, Sport Sway Bars/Endlinks, Cold Air Inductions V6 CAI and Elite Engineering Catch-can installs.

http://www.eastcoastsupercharging.com/

ya boy willz 03-19-2011 08:18 AM

I usually do my own mods with the help of either my brother or a few select friends so hell yea I like them. If it's a big job or maintenance on the 5th gen it goes to the dealer. I sort of like those guys, but not that much though :laugh:

chevy 3 03-19-2011 08:37 AM

I do mostly everything my self. For tons of reasons. Hell just the other day I drop off a body kit to be painted and they wanted to see the factory spoiler (don't know why) but any way. As the helper grabs the spoiler he takes my new spoiler and old one and grabs them together. I'm like dude your going to scratch this. He tells me well you have a new one. I look at him and say I'm planning on selling that one. It's wourth more with NO SCRATCHES. You could tell the owner wasn't happy with him.

mikel441 03-19-2011 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric Baker (Post 2981949)
I do all my own work and maintenance. I don't want anyone else touching my car unless it's necessary(warranty/crash repair/windshield).

:word: I trust no other wrench but, my own. Been doing it for over 25 years.

Sales @ ECS 06-16-2011 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Expand-A-Sign USA (Post 2981982)
East Coast Supercharging in Cream Ridge, NJ is my shop. Chris, Doug and Mike are great to work with and always helpful answering questions.

Technician Tommy has done fantastic work on my Pfadt coilovers, trailing arms/bushings, Sport Sway Bars/Endlinks, Cold Air Inductions V6 CAI and Elite Engineering Catch-can installs.

http://www.eastcoastsupercharging.com/

Nice... Always happy to service our customers!

Thanks

The_Blur 06-16-2011 06:51 PM

I don't really have the equipment to work with my own car. My current situation (sharing more about this in a future thread) doesn't give me a lot of room to take car of my car, so I depend on people to provide me with good service. I have to trust someone to do any kind of work, so I have to either be referred to someone or know them personally. Not everyone cares about their business the same way I care about my car.

GearHeadPeter 06-16-2011 07:05 PM

People who have helped me build my cars, and in return I have helped them with theirs I have a bond with as we are GearHeads. No one cares for my car the way I do, but I will let a dealer do maintenance, and only if it is within eye site so I can make sure nothing bad happens.

1BADLS3 06-16-2011 09:45 PM

I think the OP is talking about the spiritual connection with buddies who help you work on your car(s).

It's the male equivalent of girls going to the hair salon with their best friends.