Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   2012 Camaro5 Fest (III) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   Southeast Caravan to Camaro5 Fest III (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172896)

CamaroSpike23 09-22-2011 01:35 PM

Southeast Caravan to Camaro5 Fest III

1 Attachment(s)
Just what it says. I'll be organizing a convoy from Greenville, SC on to Lucas Oil Raceway.

Leaving August 1st (Wed) from Point A at 7:30AM.

Wednesday or thursday signup poll

So feel free to post up if you wanna join. we're looking at around 8-9 hours of driving. I have a few spots planned enroute as I have made this trip more times than I can count (parents live in IL).

I've got a location set up for members from the rest of the SC and florida/georgia to meet up to head out. Another location in Asheville, NC for the NC guys who want to join up, another one in Knoxville, TN. So if you want to join, but dont want to drive down then up, I've got spots for you to meet up with the caravan.

Still debating on whether to go to Louisville or go the extra minute out of my way to go thru Cincinnati before arriving at the track.

CamaroSpike23
Anubis
avellanet.jr
big boss
Blade
Blitz
Brolik10
BYE
CamaroKid300
Can't_C_Me
CAPT D
Chevrole+
Ciscokid
colemanvoice
csjcsj
dcarlos55
Dexcam1
Dr Jkel
Dr. Evil
f5journal
FFPM73
garcmol
Gizz69
GMteSSted
Gone to the bowtie side
Heaven_is_inferno_orange
helmincamaro
hightower
hunterv6
johndawg
ken53007
Lgndryhr
MackMan
Michael's Maro
mrcubbie18
Parker70
Rachel
Robotdoc
scat cat ruby
Skidpuppy
SlowSS
SMOKE
SSMickey
Stay Marine
todrules
Tysen
unccescape
whitessrs
Zebra

Revised Map with specific stop points REVISED!

Alternate route through Louisville, KY depending on I-65 construction

Quote:

FYI Regarding travel thru Louisville!
WARNING: There is MAJOR construction on the I-65 bridge that crosses from Louisville to Indiana, according to current reports, it will be down to ONE lane heading North at the time of CamaroFest, so the timeline may be a bit off for the Lou to Indy trip! Traffic in Louisville is a mess all day, everyday right now on all interestates that cross thru the city including I-65, I-64 & I-71!
Alternate route: From the South or East, folks might want to divert onto the Watterson Expressway (I-264) West bound, follow it around the city and take I-64 W (St. Louis) to cross the river, then take the Indiana side loop (I-265) back over to I- 65 to avoid the Kennedy Bridge!
Please let me know if I can help facilitate anything around the Louisville area.
Jim

Other thread in Regional Section

Stay Marine 09-22-2011 01:37 PM

You know the Camaro South Chapters should be jumping on this too!!! Working with Mid Atlantic folks to get a good overnight location to link up along the way and then bring in the mondo convoy...

CamaroSpike23 09-22-2011 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stay Marine (Post 3787921)
You know the Camaro South Chapters should be jumping on this too!!! Working with Mid Atlantic folks to get a good overnight location to link up along the way and then bring in the mondo convoy...

yup. I need to make some more phone calls and work out some locations, but I'm having Blade work with a lot of the NC guys, plus I need to call some of them personally. Planning on having them meet up with the caravan in/around Asheville.

Stay Marine 09-22-2011 01:45 PM

perfect...only..uh...10.5 months to go!

Blade 09-22-2011 01:45 PM

I can link up in Asheville.....probably will bring a few members of my club along as well.

big boss 09-22-2011 01:54 PM

Hey !! Lived in Jville for a few years, EX- MARINE, LOVED it. new burn n.c.
hope you guys are coming through Nashville.

SSE 4 2SS 09-22-2011 02:08 PM

Hey Spike, I know it would be a little bit out off the way, but our Texas and others gang will be headed in to Memphis to spend the night, and then to Nashville before turning north if ya'll want to hook up... just a thought... we could end up with well over 100 Camaros rolling down the road...

CamaroSpike23 09-22-2011 02:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blade (Post 3787965)
I can link up in Asheville.....probably will bring a few members of my club along as well.

Bring'em all. I need to get with the Fayetteville guys and work with them to meet up with you to head on up. Plus, I need to call Chris and have him and Bruce round up the Florida peeps to meet me in Greenville.

Quote:

Originally Posted by big boss (Post 3788018)
Hey !! Lived in Jville for a few years, EX- MARINE, LOVED it. new burn n.c.
hope you guys are coming through Nashville.

From the looks of things, we wont be. going to Nashville will add another 2 hours to our drive and if we will be crunched for time anyway as we'll be making numerous stops at/around various major cities enroute to collect more cars. if you want, join us in Knoxville when we stop to collect the last group.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS (Post 3788130)
Hey Spike, I know it would be a little bit out off the way, but our Texas and others gang will be headed in to Memphis to spend the night, and then to Nashville before turning north if ya'll want to hook up... just a thought... we could end up with well over 100 Camaros rolling down the road...

Why dont you guys meet up with us in Knoxville? lol

or... as it should be, you guys will be going thru Bowling Green up through Louisville. We can meet up in Louisville and bring a huge conglomeration of Festies in together!!!

SilverSS3108 09-22-2011 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 (Post 3788157)
you guys will be going thru Bowling Green up through Louisville. We can meet up in Louisville and bring a huge conglomeration of Festies in together!!!

Louisville would work great. When we were tossing ideas around I dont think we realized it would be a 2 hour swing off yalls planned course by going through Nashville.

SSE 4 2SS 09-22-2011 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSS3108 (Post 3788211)
Louisville would work great. When we were tossing ideas around I dont think we realized it would be a 2 hour swing off yalls planned course by going through Nashville.

This ^^^^^^

Blade 09-22-2011 02:45 PM

Ok.....that's the route I was thinking as well. I will message StikSS too, to get this rolling. They can probably meet up with us in Charlotte and continue to Asheville

garcmol 09-22-2011 02:49 PM

Louisville would be excellent!! My route is pretty much I-65 until the loop in Indy.

I'm watching the Texas route up through Nashville and may piggyback.

SilverSS3108 09-22-2011 02:57 PM

Theres a walmart in clarksville just north of louisville. prolly the only lot big enough to hold us all.

garcmol 09-22-2011 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSS3108 (Post 3788443)
Theres a walmart in clarksville just north of louisville. prolly the only lot big enough to hold us all.

No doubt....

Will have to see drive times from Montgomery, AL to Nashville to see what time I'd have to leave home to catch the Texas group. I imagine you all will be leaving early from Memphis.