Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Car Journals (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Tom Henry Racing THR22 2010/LS3/IBM/Supercharged SS Camaro [COTW 10/29/12] (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24276)

GTAHVIT 03-06-2012 08:11 PM

Awesome thanks Pete :respekt:

CamaroSpike23 03-07-2012 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 4598330)
The reservoir is pretty inexpensive. So, I'll do it anyway... but you think the fluid upgrade is more important than separating the reservoirs?

I was going to say something... but pete beat me to it
Quote:

Originally Posted by JusticePete (Post 4598970)
If you are a maintenance freak, the shared reservoir is no big deal. Most people are absolutely not maintenance freaks i.e. bleed before a track event and bleed the after a track event :facepalm:

Most people that have a good maintenance program will bleed before and drive on the fluid until the next event. For the vast majority of C5 owners the separate reservoirs are a good idea.

Is fluid more important than split reservoirs?

Boiling point ranges
Dry boiling point Wet boiling point
DOT 3 205 C (401 F) 140 C (284 F)
DOT 4 230 C (446 F) 155 C (311 F)
DOT 5 260 C (500 F) 180 C (356 F)
DOT 5.1 270 C (518 F) 190 C (374 F)

When rotors glow they are 1,000F Again, most C5 owners will not drive so hard as to get their rotors glowing. When you look at the wet boil points of ordinary brake fluids it would not be at all unusual with moderately hard brake use to see fluid temps in the calipers of 311F or too close for comfort to the wet boil range for average fluids.

The SRF is hands down the best fluid and comes at a super premium price. The Motul RBF600 is reasonable at $15 a bottle and I would say mandatory for a daily driver that will see some AC and Road Course use.

:word:

JusticePete 03-07-2012 01:01 PM

TRAN isn't home today so I thought we should have a Hump Day Party at his house. My friends brought some snacks.



Who's bringing the beer?

Darth_Emma 03-07-2012 01:19 PM

:facepalm:

Jekyll-N-Hyde 03-07-2012 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JusticePete (Post 4604076)
TRAN isn't home today so I thought we should have a Hump Day Party at his house. My friends brought some snacks.


Who's bringing the beer?

As we say in Texas....


THATS WHAT SHE SAID :)

speedster 03-07-2012 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS (Post 4598203)
Hey, have you been at my house while I was gone... Those are my countertops... the exact same granite... I rekunize the jelly stain..

That granite IS part of THR22's braking system. Just tie a rope around a chunk and throw it out the window. Eventually it will get stuck somewhere and then BAM ! car stops. Otherwise it's just a DRAG... :laugh:

SSE 4 2SS 03-07-2012 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedster (Post 4604674)
That granite IS part of THR22's braking system. Just tie a rope around a chunk and throw it out the window. Eventually it will get stuck somewhere and then BAM ! car stops. Otherwise it's just a DRAG... :laugh:

Hmmmm, I think I might have an idea for a brake upgrade on Brandi...:help:

PQ 03-07-2012 03:21 PM

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

SSE 4 2SS 03-07-2012 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 4605034)
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Are you offering to help with my brake upgrade or is that a squadron of Pac Men coming to get me...???:iono:

PQ 03-07-2012 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS (Post 4605140)
Are you offering to help with my brake upgrade or is that a squadron of Pac Men coming to get me...???:iono:

:laugh: I was pointing to my tag just below my username. LOL

But I'll help with your brakes, just have a tourniquet, surgical tape and a ton of gauze handy. After all, it DOES require some work down by the caliper and wheels. :bellyroll:

CamaroSpike23 03-08-2012 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 4605624)
:laugh: I was pointing to my tag just below my username. LOL

But I'll help with your brakes, just have a tourniquet, surgical tape and a ton of gauze handy. After all, it DOES require some work down by the caliper and wheels. :bellyroll:

yes, but theoretically, you should have your wheels off the car when working on the brakes...lol

Dr Jkel 03-08-2012 07:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by JusticePete (Post 4604076)
TRAN isn't home today so I thought we should have a Hump Day Party at his house. My friends brought some snacks.



Who's bringing the beer?

Uhhhhhhhhhh

hrpiii 03-09-2012 07:31 AM

I got lost after he mentioned 'Rum stash'. Where do I need to look again. I found the vienna sausages, but missed the rum.

Redemption 03-09-2012 10:09 AM

It was right in front of you...

http://img.tapatalk.com/aeea0536-2b3c-6e9b.jpg


Sent from my payphone using carrier pigeons.

GTAHVIT 03-14-2012 10:09 AM

7 Attachment(s)
don't mind me...

PQ 03-14-2012 11:01 AM

:sm0:

Pink is in.

JusticePete 03-21-2012 05:05 PM

Just when I thought we could move Chris up on the Z Bar list http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/z...miley_nope.gif

GTAHVIT 03-21-2012 06:43 PM

Pay close attention to that pic. Its not me. Lol

- Sent using Tapatalk

garcmol 03-21-2012 07:07 PM

I just wait for the day you show up in one of Randy's many signatures.

PQ 03-21-2012 07:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 349497

garcmol 03-21-2012 07:07 PM

Son of a.......!!!

GTAHVIT 03-26-2012 04:18 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Just putting this here.

PQ 03-26-2012 04:19 PM

What ya workin' on? :popcorn:

GTAHVIT 03-26-2012 04:22 PM

Tom asked me to Freshen up his avatar and sig.

PQ 03-26-2012 04:28 PM

Sweet.

JusticePete 03-26-2012 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 4707739)
Tom asked me to Freshen up his avatar and sig.

So why did you do a 4x4 version?










:D

Mr Twisty 03-26-2012 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 4707722)
Just putting this here.

:drool:

PQ 05-03-2012 03:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 1381741)
Gah!!!!

wheels are killing me...

My choices so far..

Bonspeed Delta:

I've liked this wheel for a few years now...

http://viprims.com/newimages/bonspeed/bigpics/delta.jpg

Bonspeed Malibu:

http://www.spinnerwheels.com.au/e0f90900.jpg

Iconz 630Z
Pretty much the same as the Iforged.

http://www.iconzwheels.com/images/IC...0up630ZNew.jpg

More wheels will be added to the list, I'm sure... :facepalm:

EDIT 1:
After looking at Boze I could go with this one.

Boze Fivespeed:
http://www.bozeforged.com/images/whe...vespeed_bg.gif

EDIT 2:
CCW SP18:
http://www.performanceautowerks.com/...es/CCWSP18.jpg

Attachment 366694

The Stig 05-03-2012 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 4906568)

:lol:

Are you looking for show or for go? I'd personally go for the lightest wheel out of the ones you listed.

The Stig 05-03-2012 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JusticePete (Post 4707840)
So why did you do a 4x4 version?



:D

pretty sure that's the avatar.

GTAHVIT 05-03-2012 03:48 PM

Thanks for the reminder PQ... really...

Dangeruss 05-03-2012 03:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 4906679)
Thanks for the reminder PQ... really...

It could've been worse...he could've posted this. :bellyroll:

bhall82 05-03-2012 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dangeruss (Post 4906700)
It could've been worse...he could've posted this. :bellyroll:

:sm0: OUCH

JusticePete 05-03-2012 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 4906568)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dangeruss (Post 4906700)
It could've been worse...he could've posted this. :bellyroll:

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhall82 (Post 4906719)
:sm0: OUCH

It was:
PQ1
GTA 0

Randy has FORGELINES. It is:
PQ 2
GTA 0

GTAHVIT 05-03-2012 04:02 PM

I feel like I'm playing smear the queer and everyone keeps throwing me the ball.....


:laugh: :help:

bhall82 05-03-2012 04:04 PM

:laugh: :bellyroll:

Damn Pete kick him while he's down why dont ya :sm0:

bhall82 05-03-2012 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 4906773)
I feel like I'm playing smear the queer and everyone keeps throwing me the ball.....


:laugh: :help:


Sucks to suck I guess :iono: :laugh:

Dangeruss 05-03-2012 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 4906773)
I feel like I'm playing smear the queer and everyone keeps throwing me the ball.....


:laugh: :help:

Is there something you're trying to tell us? :iono: :sm0:

GTAHVIT 05-03-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhall82 (Post 4906785)
:laugh: :bellyroll:

Damn Pete kick him while he's down why dont ya :sm0:

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhall82 (Post 4906792)
Sucks to suck I guess :iono: :laugh:

Especially when all my friends keep reminding me... :mad0260:



:laugh: I swear..... I've only picked (debateable) one fight on camaro5... according to randy... And I didn't even win....

I'm starting to realize I'm the camaro5 version of the short skinny kid in school that was always getting stuffed in his locker and his lunch money stolen...


:laugh:

bhall82 05-03-2012 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 4906836)
Especially when all my friends keep reminding me... :mad0260:



:laugh: I swear..... I've only picked (debateable) one fight on camaro5... according to randy... And I didn't even win....

I'm starting to realize I'm the camaro5 version of the short skinny kid in school that was always getting stuffed in his locker and his lunch money stolen...


:laugh:

That's debatable :laugh::sm0:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.