Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Camaro Color??? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3312)

Johnnyp65 03-21-2008 08:10 PM

Camaro Color???

I'm looking forward to buying a Camaro, and when i saw the movie Transformers, i thought that the gold was pretty nice. if you have any other color suggestions, please let me know

DGthe3 03-21-2008 11:57 PM

Well, there are a couple things. There is a photoshop thread with just about every colour out there. And there is another thread with a semi accurate list of Camaro colours, with renderings of each. I say semi-accurate because some won't be offered and there will be some others that aren't on the list.

CamaroSpike23 03-22-2008 12:17 AM

and the bumblebee gold will not be offered to the public

K. Phil 03-22-2008 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 (Post 54738)

I'm just wondering, how much does it cost to get a good paint job done to a car, like a Camaro? (and hopefully something above MAACO.) I'm only curious, because if Chevy says they're putting 100,000 Camaros on the road, I at least want mine to look a little more unique, without ricering it up of course. :bellyroll:
And anyway, the Bumble Bee yellow is a great color that not many people will have, but will recognize.

The_Stache 03-22-2008 12:57 PM

A full body, including joins, under hood, in door panels ect can cost upwards of $8000.00+ (depending on shop) a color like the gold yellow that bumblebee was is something upwards of $10,000.00+ due to the multiple layers and metal flakes in it. Go look at what a lot of the mustang guys are paying to have stripes put on (to replace vinyl stripes). They are spending about $1200.00-1500.00 for just the stripe, and then an additional $1000ish if they want clear coat over them.

Paint isn't cheap... especially if its done right.

CamaroSpike23 03-22-2008 02:52 PM

what diarmadhi said.

and if you are switching to a completely new color, you are going to spend even more as doing the under body and engine bay will get even more expensive. ive got a friend in Kansas who will be doing my car next year going from polo green to the blue/black combo thats in my sig. he's doing it for 5k but my engine will be out of the car getting built up so it will make things a lil easier on him (and my pocketbook)

Phantasm 03-22-2008 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 (Post 54738)

Wow, I must have been in a cave somewhere, I totally missed hearing this. Bummer.

TheMadHatter99 03-22-2008 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phantasm (Post 54844)
Wow, I must have been in a cave somewhere, I totally missed hearing this. Bummer.

I don't think it has been stated definitely. But it's just too cost preventive to offer it. As was stated above, it's a $10k paint job.

Although they probably will offer some yellow color, and probably black stripes as well.

CamaroSpike23 03-22-2008 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phantasm (Post 54844)

more than likely...you've only been on here majorly since this month...:sm0:
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMadHatter99 (Post 54858)
I don't think it has been stated definitely. But it's just too cost preventive to offer it. As was stated above, it's a $10k paint job.

Although they probably will offer some yellow color, and probably black stripes as well.

i think after the second transformers movie comes out next summer, GM will begin to paint the cars that color for an extra price, or offer a BB camaro package (more than just the 3 that are offered for the contest)

just my $0.02

TAG UR IT 03-23-2008 12:46 AM

It was stated that GM will build only 3 Camaros in Bumblebee trim w/ that color. Those are the ones that will be given away by GM.

I'm 99% sure that paint won't be offered.

K. Phil 03-23-2008 02:17 AM

Thanks for the info, diarmadhi. I must be the one living under a rock, I had no idea a Bumblebee paint job would be that costly. :yikes: Hopefully the color selection that's made available will suit my needs. I certainly love the Hugger Orange that the concept 'Vert is in, so I may go with that if none of the others suit my tastes.

And plus, I would rather spend that extra $8k for the real deal V8, and save the paint job for after I had the car for 25 years. :)

Jeff 03-23-2008 05:34 AM

Even if GM doesn't offer the "Bumble Bee" colors.. you know tons of people are going to take their Z\28's & SS's to get it painted so. I would almost be tempted to do it too.. Only if I didn't love red cars so much :D

melvin 03-27-2008 02:09 AM

I'd like to see some sort of bronze. similar to what's in my signature...but i doubt we'll see anything like that.

lafountain 03-27-2008 10:54 AM

I am gonna go with some shade of red more than likely.