Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - NY / NJ / PA (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Looking to Modify-Need a reliable place (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35097)

jimfin 07-31-2009 11:12 AM

Looking to Modify-Need a reliable place

I might want to do some modifications. Does anyone have the name of someone who is reliable on Long Island. I would perfer someone who has already worked on the 2010 Camaro. Thanks

patriotpa 07-31-2009 01:48 PM

It would be good to know the mods you are seeking. Then we could provide advice on who to refer you to.

POWERFREAK 07-31-2009 01:53 PM

not in LI...but if you don't mind the drive up to westchester, go to "Corvettes of Westchester".

ZZcamaro 07-31-2009 07:04 PM

What are you looking to get done? I am in the NYC area a lot....I can also swing you some pretty good deals!! you can send me a PM or just get in touch and I will see what we can work out.

Bigwood 08-02-2009 04:20 PM

Does Corvettes of Westchester do tunes on the camaro? On his website I only saw that he did them for vettes and trucks/SUVs

POWERFREAK 08-02-2009 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigwood (Post 750174)
Does Corvettes of Westchester do tunes on the camaro? On his website I only saw that he did them for vettes and trucks/SUVs

YES...his site is in major need of an update. He'll be tuning mine as soon as it's broken in.

Frans96ss 08-02-2009 06:58 PM

Feel free to give me a call. We have done a few so far. Just had one on the dyno on friday with a few mods we did on it.

MJ 08-12-2009 08:26 PM

In LI there's Vette Dr in Amityville... they are 2 doors down from ARH headers. Both have good reps.

Frans96ss 08-13-2009 12:27 AM

We are also tax free :)

Chuck CoW 11-11-2009 08:17 PM

Oh, yeah! We do CAMARO's....

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimfin (Post 743062)
I might want to do some modifications. Does anyone have the name of someone who is reliable on Long Island. I would perfer someone who has already worked on the 2010 Camaro. Thanks

Oh, yeah! We do CAMARO's....

Have a look around on this site and you'll see that we're testing some of the latest parts for the different vendors who make parts for the NEW CAMARO!

I got all of the tunes done already and even have the TRANS TUNE for the V6 A6 Camaro guys!

Stay TUNED!
Chuck CoW

freemaSSon 11-11-2009 08:24 PM

EDIT.....HOLY BACK FROM THE DEAD.....Just noticed the date on the OP!

But for all others the info is applicable!

A trip to Toms River, NJ is worth the ride too.

MATT @ TUNE TIME PERFORMANCE
Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt TuneTime (Post 1150440)
Our stage 2

Mast Heads
Stage 1 cam [ good for boost ]
ARH 1 7/8 with cats
CAI

Nittos on 20's

Stock stall

11.81 @ 119+ mph
1.87 60ft

D/A +650 ft
Stage 3 boosted coming soon ..

rojo 11-12-2009 12:15 PM

Guys-
I don't post up much, have been fortunate enough to have some of GM's coolest vehicles (c4 vettes, c5 Z06, LS2 SSR, CTS-V, now the Camaro SS, and misc. trucks)- thanks to Blasius Chevrolet in CT, I've had tunes and other mods done from all over the country, some, members of this forum and vette forums. I urge you to make life simple- trust Chuck at COW. He mechanically understands these Chevrolets and the tuning effects in a more involved sense than any of the tuners I have experienced. We roadrace another series with Honda power cars and have run numerous tuning issues by him because of his insight. Chuck can go into datalogging many features and fine tuning above what most of us even need, especially for the street. I already spent the time and energy, just call Corvettes of Westchester and remember not to be afraid of "mods" -cams, heads, headers, suspension.. HAVE FUN! Let the COW do it with you! You'll have someone to talk to after the check is issued!

Bmbl-B 11-13-2009 03:41 PM

i feel the 5th gen unlike the fourth gen has a very open engine compartment making it very easy to get to the areas that you might want to modify the fun part of the hobby is doing it yourself at least most of it computer tunning i leave to the pros but anything else i do myself doing the research finding the part that will work the best and having fun doing it and saving lots of $$$ if its your daily driver its one thing but if its not then you should try doing some mods yourself .