Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction - V6 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Ny-Trex NOS system for V6 Group Buy (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=301154)

IneedAZ 06-10-2013 05:06 PM

Ny-Trex NOS system for V6 Group Buy

I will make some calls tomorrow and see what I can do. I know MSRP is around $1100 and have seen it as low as $779. I want to see if I can get a company or if the MFG will give another 10% if we get enough interest in it.

Put yourself down if your interested so I can give them an idea how many are wanting one.

People showing interest: If you dont see your name on the list and interested let me know in case i missed your post.

6 or more is $713.70 Great news for everyone!!! Gotta say....if you are on the fence...dont miss out...buy it now. Free shipping plus Free T-Shirt plus they are going to put together a little promotional package for us for more goodies. I am 100% in at this point. All we need are six to get it for the low price plus all the extras.

They are thinking of Next Friday being the cutoff date. They want us to make the 6 kit purchase so we get the better price.

He is taking your information now, but not payment. They want to wait to see how many call in first before processing payment. So, please call Ny-Trex and ask for DAN. I did ask if there is any wiggle room to make it 5 kits, but he is not sure his boss would go for it but would ask. So, if LSCamaro will go for it we would be set!!

So, call Dan and mention Camaro5 group buy!! Toll Free: 800.264.9472

Just got confirmation on price of there controller. $275.xx which is appx $200 off

1)Ineedaz 100% in & Info given to Ny-Trex
2)PoorMansCamaro/Jewel25 100% in & Info given to Ny-Trex
3)Netraa 100% in & Info given to Ny-Trex
4)McAcoustic 100% in & Info given to Ny-Trex
5)LSCamaro 100% in & Info given to Ny-Trex
6)tonymac 100% in & Info given to Ny-Trex
7)gml1998 100% in & Info given to Ny-Trex
8)Mercraus 100% in % Info given to Ny-Trex

PoorMansCamaro 06-10-2013 05:42 PM

Put me down!

PoorMansCamaro 06-10-2013 06:20 PM

What would be ideal is if we could get a one stop shop with window switch pressure gauge, etc, if they can. If not, I'm still game for just the kit.

IneedAZ 06-10-2013 06:41 PM

I can ask

etmx183 06-10-2013 07:36 PM

It comes with a gauge as a standard part of their kit. Purge solenoid is standard too.

IneedAZ 06-10-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by etmx183 (Post 6654525)
It comes with a gauge as a standard part of their kit. Purge solenoid is standard too.

Nice...is the gauge bottle mounted or remote? IF bottle, I would probably hook up a remote

mc_acoustic 06-10-2013 10:09 PM

I may be interested in this aswell. I would love a progressive controller with my kit though

mc_acoustic 06-10-2013 10:15 PM

btw, I found this which is a sick deal.... maybe ask them to see if they can get lower?

http://www.xplosiveperformance.com/T...12_p_2879.html

lscamaro 06-11-2013 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mc_acoustic (Post 6655269)
I may be interested in this aswell. I would love a progressive controller with my kit though

Progressive controllers are pricey and I don't think it's worth the cost if your doing anything less than a 200 shot.

mc_acoustic 06-11-2013 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lscamaro (Post 6655770)
Progressive controllers are pricey and I don't think it's worth the cost if your doing anything less than a 200 shot.

If you don't have the controller isn't the only way to activate nitrous is throw a manual switch?

Or would it turn on at a specific RPM? Not sure how it works WITHOUT the controller....

PoorMansCamaro 06-11-2013 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mc_acoustic (Post 6656110)
If you don't have the controller isn't the only way to activate nitrous is throw a manual switch?

Or would it turn on at a specific RPM? Not sure how it works WITHOUT the controller....

no, the progressive controller just tells the nitrous system how much to spray, and when.

most new nitrous systems have a TPS (throttle positioning sensor), that enganges the nitrous at WOT (wide open throttle). So what you do is, switch on the nitrous system, and floor the gas. once you floor it, the nitrous starts spraying. that's why it's good to have a window switch. so that it doesn't spray until you are at 3k rpm, or wherever you set it.

IneedAZ 06-11-2013 08:05 AM

OK, i put in a call to Ny-Trex and they are going to put something together and call me back today. I wanted to start with them before calling the different vendors. As soon as i know something i will post it. IF i had to guess, we will need 5-10 people to make this happen.

PoorMansCamaro 06-11-2013 08:29 AM

Awesome! thanks for spearheading this!

mc_acoustic 06-11-2013 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro (Post 6656158)
no, the progressive controller just tells the nitrous system how much to spray, and when.

most new nitrous systems have a TPS (throttle positioning sensor), that enganges the nitrous at WOT (wide open throttle). So what you do is, switch on the nitrous system, and floor the gas. once you floor it, the nitrous starts spraying. that's why it's good to have a window switch. so that it doesn't spray until you are at 3k rpm, or wherever you set it.

Oh okay, So I just wanna make sure I understand this.

If you DON'T have a window switch it'll just kick in when you slam your foot down.

If you DO have the window switch, it'll come it at 3000 rpm or another set RPM?

If I am correct on the window switch, then I think we a screwed for this kits safety because it seems they only released the progressive controller for nytrex not a window switch... I tried finding a window switch it only took me to the 500 dollar progressive controller for nytrex... Is this true?