Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Will this look goofy? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11038)

djsnoflake 12-29-2008 12:28 AM

Will this look goofy?

Hey all, I know that I will probably hear a lot of "Do what you want", but I am interested in some opinions:

Ordered a 2SS/RS IOM w/Black leather interior. Chose to omit any striping options because I want my local decal shop to gimme some full length Bumblebee-type rallies. (PS: Don't turn this into a long v.s. short rally tread! :mad0260:)

What I am wondering is: Do you think it would look goofy to have white stripes on an orange car with a black interior? Is that too 'busy'?

I am constantly going back and forth between white and a sweet flat black.

Opinions start.............NOW

Never2LowChevy 12-29-2008 12:51 AM

The white stripes would look classy but the flat/suede black would look FKN MEAN!!! I would go with the black! As for people saying it would be to "busy", how often do you look at a cars int. at the same time you look at the ext.? your either inside or outside the car unless your at a car show and even then, unless you have the dash and custom center console painted to match the outside then your either looking at the inside or the outside. So my vote is flat/suede black

SScattergunSS 12-29-2008 01:04 AM

I think the black would look the best...but as to the other part of your questions...no, I don't think the white would make it look too busy.

drivingincamaro 12-29-2008 01:05 AM

that will look great

i dont think it will look busy at all, i think the people will be drooling when they see your camaro :drool:

fixxer56 12-29-2008 06:18 AM

I ordered IOM with black leather interior and wondered the same thing. I'm going aftermarket stripes also. After seeing the color in person, I would recommend the black also, maybe even a metallic black to sparkle along with the IOM. Look up my thread on IOM http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10360 if you need to see what the actual color looks like. Good luck deciding!

fixxer56 12-29-2008 06:37 AM

Also, check out this site, ridergraphix.com They have many stripe kits for current rides and are planning to outfit the new camaro. They are also open to our ideas for graphic ideas....

http://www.ridergraphix.com/color_chart.html

Angrybird 12 12-29-2008 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djsnoflake (Post 227644)
Hey all, I know that I will probably hear a lot of "Do what you want", but I am interested in some opinions:

Ordered a 2SS/RS IOM w/Black leather interior. Chose to omit any striping options because I want my local decal shop to gimme some full length Bumblebee-type rallies. (PS: Don't turn this into a long v.s. short rally tread! :mad0260:)

What I am wondering is: Do you think it would look goofy to have white stripes on an orange car with a black interior? Is that too 'busy'?

I am constantly going back and forth between white and a sweet flat black.

Opinions start.............NOW

That was one of the Color Combinations you could get on a 69 Camaro, so I don't think it would look bad at all.

Camaro_Corvette 12-29-2008 07:19 AM

I tend to agree with skyman, Orange with black interior, and white stripes = :drool::drool::drool:

CatiaJockey 12-29-2008 07:29 AM

I vote White.Touches the retro look one more time and is a real classy look.

WAY2FAST 12-29-2008 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaro_corvette (Post 227822)
I tend to agree with skyman, Orange with black interior, and white stripes = :drool::drool::drool:

I am with them!

djsnoflake 12-29-2008 09:37 AM

Yeah that 69 looks badass. Thank-you for your opinions so far and keep em coming.

fsuredneck 12-29-2008 09:48 AM

i think it would have a cleaner look w/o stripes. but if you were to get em, get black

zebra 12-29-2008 11:16 AM

as much as i HATE orange & white (friggin vols!) i still think it would look nice on your car. like others have said, you usually won't see the interior & exterior at the same time, so it shouldn't be a problem having 3 colors going. if you really wanna match, you could get come custom white seats to go with the stripes. that would be pretty sweet!

about the black stripe argument... they would look great as well. they would flow well with the interior & look more like the concept convertible. again - you won't see in & out at the same time, so i think it comes down to whether or not you want the car to have an overall light or dark look. the white stripes are gonna subconsciously make the car look brighter & more relaxing while the black stripes will make it look meaner & more menacing (it's all about how the brain interprets colors into feelings).

with all that said, i think either would be awesome, so go with your gut instinct!

fixxer56 12-29-2008 11:42 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Not mine, but found it on my computer from the photoshop forum