Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   WEEKLY Ordering Constraints (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12570)

camaroconti@evs 01-30-2009 07:21 AM

WEEKLY Ordering Constraints

Greg and I will be keeping you informed of what REALLY is going on, no guessing, straight facts. We assist in the retail side, but also order everything from the manager side.

I run a constraint update every week for Corvette already...this week, we talk about the process and Camaro....

WATCH FOR OUR EXCLUSIVE / FACTUAL UPDATES every week. Things will really heat up here VERY soon, so stay tuned. If an item is on constraint we'll have the national availability count for you

CLICK HERE PLEASE for article!

Any questions, let us know, we'll try to check back as often as possible to help. Thank-you

http://www.corvetteconti.com/blog/wp...o-det06-39.jpg
Rick Conti pictured here at the Press Release of Camaro in Detroit a couple years back!

Crowley 01-30-2009 07:47 AM

Good info .. thanks for the link!

Crowley

Rodrunner 01-30-2009 09:51 AM

Thanks guys! We'll appreciate the facts. :clap:

GothamCamaro 01-30-2009 10:52 AM

You're blocking my view of the Silver Camaro! :D

Cool, thanks for the link.

Scott@Bjorn3D 01-30-2009 11:12 AM

Aren't these the guys that caused the big up roar with the video over the dealership broadcast earlier this month?

If thats the case do not stir up more stuff again.

Rodrunner 01-30-2009 11:30 AM

Remember, they're only partly to blame. The rest goes on the Camaro5 members foolish enough to take what they said as gospel....and run with it full speed, like children with knives in their hands.

GTAHVIT 01-30-2009 11:34 AM

All has been handled. Everyone envolved understands the rules for posting on this site.

So moving forward we expect everyone to say it straight. If not, the appropriate action will be taken. And that goes for everyone.

I completely expect no problems.

MerF 01-30-2009 11:53 AM

Look forward to multiple perspectives.

camaroconti@evs 01-30-2009 01:35 PM

We know that GM is working on hard on having no constraints, the issues will be in the promises from dealers....hang tight. We have always been up fornt with folks, whether you like the info or not, no games here gang!

Hylton 01-30-2009 01:46 PM

This is great info! We can give our dealers crap if there were no constrainst to our orders and the dealer could have had the order tagged but didn't. I am expecting the first month to say that my orange interior is unavailable. :cry:

Croathlete 01-30-2009 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hylton (Post 269204)
This is great info! We can give our dealers crap if there were no constrainst to our orders and the dealer could have had the order tagged but didn't.

That's if our dealers will even tell us what their allotment for the month was. If they were planning on skipping your order, do you think they would tell you that they could have, but didn't?

Hylton 01-30-2009 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Croathlete (Post 269217)
That's if our dealers will even tell us what their allotment for the month was. If they were planning on skipping your order, do you think they would tell you that they could have, but didn't?

You can sort of figure out the monthly alottment based on the initial alottment. Just keep an eye here and then scream at them when you find out they could have ordered your car.

trm0002 01-30-2009 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hylton (Post 269218)
You can sort of figure out the monthly alottment based on the initial alottment. Just keep an eye here and then scream at them when you find out they could have ordered your car.

Problem is just because you see no constraints on a manual Silver 2SS/RS doesn't mean Chevy told the dealer they could order one that month. Maybe Chevy's only giving them (2) V6's for the month.:iono:

Tantalizer43 01-30-2009 03:06 PM

Good info! Thanks for sharing!