Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - Texas (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   5th Gen Camaros of the RGV car club! South Texas! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124717)

Dave25 06-25-2012 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike2ss (Post 5187258)
I'm in for both if the happen.

They will Mike, I already have a list for the parade and going to send a forward out on the car show tomorrow. I go ahead and put you down for going on both events?

infernostripes! 06-25-2012 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike2ss (Post 5187248)
5GCRGV was doing that in the beginning, then the macallen group stopped showing up and in my opinion formed an off shoot group, I guess to far to drive, then the president stopped showing up, again I guess to far to drive, then only one remained! Not even other local cars showed up.

So for months the only meetings being scheduled are in Macallen, I voiced my thoughts and nothing changed.

Second, I am not a member of camaro5line (even though they have offered and I have considered it), it gives me a place to still hang out with some great guys and families who share what 5GCRGV was suppose to be doing upon its creation and somehow lost. we do parties at out houses, car shows and meetings on the weekends, we have some really good times.

They actually show up for car club events. So if things change I will surley be a part but i can't be the lone car at HRL, and Brnsville events.

Mike

I think everyone would agree you with you mike. It did die down. Everyone got busy or lazy but I believe everyone had their reasons. But that's the past and we are starting fresh. New decals, sponsors, and shirts. We also have picked up a good amount of new members and we are glad to have them along.

To fix the part about people not showing up we decided to mak bi weekly meets so we will only be meeting 2 times a month 1 time in lower and 1 time in upper. With that we believe it will be fair to everyone and we also think we will get a better turnout like this.

Oh and just to give you some proof that we are going strong we had 16 people show up to the last Thursday event!

Hope to see you soon.

DarkCry956 06-25-2012 09:53 PM

Any more info on the event that will be on the 21st? Looks like I might be able to attend that.

Dave25 06-25-2012 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkCry956 (Post 5189545)
Any more info on the event that will be on the 21st? Looks like I might be able to attend that.

So far we just know it's $10 donation to enter and who it's for and somewhere in the mcallen-edinburg area we haven't found out the location just yet. We'll keep you informed! :chevy:

San Carlos HotRods 06-26-2012 10:39 AM

the event on the 21st is for a long time friend and fellow Hot-Rodder friend of mine , i have know this guy all my life and reacently he was diagnosed with Cancer and being an independent truck driver his Ins only coverd so much, its been a year since his diagnosis and with all the treatments he has run out of Ins. and his life savings. We have already had numerous BBQ plate sales and that has helped him and his wife out so far to pay for treatment, His wife and Son have already taken out 50% of ther 401k to also help , but with each treatment alone costing him upwards of 9500.00 and each treatment his held every Wedsday its gotten very costly ,

This car show is Brought together from a small group of long time friends myself encluded , all we have so far is the date July 21st is the earliest we could put something together with Aug 4th being the rain out date. As for the location we are talking to several places with a lot big enough to hold such an event but have not yet locked down a location , we are asking for donations ( 10$ ) per car, small price to pay for such a good cause and a family in very much need of it .

as soon as i got more information i will pass along, i also am open to suggestions so if you have any please do pass it along ,

Christopher L. Hinojosa
San Carlos HotRods
Edingburg Tx. 78541
956-605-6797

Mike2ss 07-01-2012 05:23 PM

All:

There is a benefit car show for veterans this coming saturday (July 7th) from 9am -3pm. The benefit is being held at the A. Gonzales State Veterans Home in MacAllen, TX. The cost per car is $10.00 and all proceeds go to the wounded warrior program.

You can get additional information at the rgvoldcars.com website.

I would like to see a large turn out from all 5GCRGV and Camaro5Line 5th gen camaro car clubs in south texas. also, Pls pass this own to the other clubs.

SemyDaCop 07-01-2012 07:49 PM

[QUOTE=Mike2ss;5221770]All:

There is a benefit car show for veterans this coming saturday (July 7th) from 9am -3pm.

infernostripes! 07-03-2012 03:08 PM

I may go check it out if I'm not busy

San Carlos HotRods 07-03-2012 05:33 PM

:thumbup: We Found a location for the July 21st Benefit Car Show , its actually goin to be held on july 22nd That Sunday @ Mercedes Benz of San Juan,

10$ a car , everyone is welcome , all makes all models,
be their early for a nice spot , we will be selling food and drinks , you are welcome to bring a tent and chairs .

event starts at 10am to 5pm, cars can start setting up as early as 8am

** This is a Benefit Car Show for a local friend who is battleing NON-HODGKINS LYMPHOMA, he will be their with his race cars to shake your hand and thank you for you donations ... :thumbup:

if you have any questions pm me or call/text

Christopher Hinojosa
956-605-6797 :thumbsup:

infernostripes! 07-03-2012 06:48 PM

Awesome have you updated David?

infernostripes! 07-07-2012 12:13 PM

5gcrgv came out, where you at semmy?

jmontalvo 07-07-2012 05:45 PM

I saw 5 5th gen Camaros participate and they were all 5GCRGV.

RjRgvZl1 07-15-2012 04:33 PM

how many are in ur crew?

jmontalvo 07-15-2012 10:44 PM

I can't say for sure since I haven't met all of them but I've seen about 20 members.