Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - Southwest (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Albuquerque Cruising! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61571)

cjingle 07-14-2010 08:37 PM

SMS Track Day 07/17/2010

Indeed!

The SMS Track Day is still on for this Saturday. Be there! :happyanim:

Jim said he may take his RX7 (hopped up with a Corvette LS1 motor) for some drifting. He'll even take folks for a ride if you so dare :yikes:.

As usual, we'll meet at Hotel Albuquerque at 7:30 AM and caravan out :drool:.

Also, remember, Bryan is hosting an Audio and Car Show that evening :thumbup:. He's going to have burgers and hot dogs this time :headbang:. There will be an audio competition and best of show prizes. Plus, a "mini" car show. I reserved a spot for my beast. Plus, several vendors will be there promoting their wares. Should be fun.

cjingle 07-14-2010 08:39 PM

Welcome back Racer-X, formally IAS. I see Camaro5 was kind enough to let you back in the game. I'm not sure if I like the way they are acting.

IAS rocks!!!

2010 BADSS 07-14-2010 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjingle (Post 2098267)
Indeed!

The SMS Track Day is still on for this Saturday. Be there! :happyanim:

Jim said he may take his RX7 (hopped up with a Corvette LS1 motor) for some drifting. He'll even take folks for a ride if you so dare :yikes:.

As usual, we'll meet at Hotel Albuquerque at 7:30 AM and caravan out :drool:.

Also, remember, Bryan is hosting an Audio and Car Show that evening :thumbup:. He's going to have burgers and hot dogs this time :headbang:. There will be an audio competition and best of show prizes. Plus, a "mini" car show. I reserved a spot for my beast. Plus, several vendors will be there promoting their wares. Should be fun.

Which Beast?

cjingle 07-14-2010 08:54 PM

Quote:

Which Beast?
Good question. Hmmm, and it's a tough one too.

Let me think about that one...

cjingle 07-14-2010 08:57 PM

By the way, the rear-end and steering rack came in for the '69. All that is left are lower A-Arms, shocks, and subframe connectors. The project will start soon.

Ivan @ Southwest Speed 07-14-2010 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2010 BADSS (Post 2098242)
Welcome to the group 1425, I look forward to meeting you and your camaro. Where is the car show on Saturday, and what time? I hope you're not saying that I called you a sucker, go back and check my posts, that is not in my nature (except for calling Andre a "creepy lurker" which I already explained and apologized for:sm0:)

Anyway, we really are a bunch of fun loving nice people who are just out to have fun with our Camaros, so you are welcome to join us anytime you can and are not working. I am sure you are most excellent driver, and sorry to hear about the hit and run.

:word:

Diana is "harmless"...LOL...she's great and knows the Camaro as much as anybody else out here. I can echo her sentiments in saying that if in fact she said anything, it wasn't meant in a derogatory way. That's most def not in her style catalog at all.

Beth-Sorry that I didn't make it by after I picked up the Sizzle....oh wait, nevermind. It still wasn't ready.

With the exception of my being completely bummed and upset, I'm going to refrain from commenting about the entire situation until I get the SS back.
:(

1425-I saw your IBM there at CC just a few hours ago...looks done!??!! Wowzas if thats the case. I rememer it just coming in what? Monday? Hope to catch up with you down the line as well.

Andre is a "creepy lurker" but he's straight up...and I love the dude for it. I'd go to war at his side any day.

Speaking of spending more money....Check these out:

https://racereadyperformance.com/Home_Page.html

Andre turned me on to these. Gonna try and get in on em and get some deals on em for everyone. Totally HD style and they actually stick to their warranty.

I think I'm going to go drink a Dr Pepper. I need to.
Ivan :cool:

cjingle 07-14-2010 09:14 PM

Quote:

With the exception of my being completely bummed and upset, I'm going to refrain from commenting about the entire situation until I get the SS back.
Ivan: I was a bummed out as well. I was hoping to snap a few pictures of you hopping into your new ride. Sorry about that. Everyone was saying it was going to be ready. But, it's best to get it right.

To let everyone know, the painted stripe on the bumper cover got damaged when the masking came off. Jim told the painters to "do it over". Otherwise, it would have been a go!

There's always tomorrow.

andredmg 07-14-2010 09:32 PM

There you go Beth RACE READY, thats what goes on all my rides. You cant "creep and lurk" with these bad boys open though.

Racer-X 07-14-2010 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjingle (Post 2098358)
Good question. Hmmm, and it's a tough one too.

Let me think about that one...

Make it BOTH!!! :happy0180::happy0180::happy0180:

andredmg 07-14-2010 09:33 PM

STICKY!!!

Ivan @ Southwest Speed 07-14-2010 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andredmg (Post 2098510)
STICKY!!!

:word::word::word::word::word:

That would actually make a fella fell a little better today!
-Ivan

Ivan @ Southwest Speed 07-14-2010 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjingle (Post 2098429)
Ivan: I was a bummed out as well. I was hoping to snap a few pictures of you hopping into your new ride. Sorry about that. Everyone was saying it was going to be ready. But, it's best to get it right.

To let everyone know, the painted stripe on the bumper cover got damaged when the masking came off. Jim told the painters to "do it over". Otherwise, it would have been a go!

There's always tomorrow.

After Sean telling me it was done yesterday and it needed to be detailed this am but it would be ready for Pickup by noon today, yeah, I was thinking the same thing....that it would be ready.

Friday am I'll be there....front end missing, emblems not on, bowties missing, wheel missing or not, to pick it up. I hope it's done by then.....

I actually got a call from Onstar today informing me that my car has a new Telephone number, email address, and Home location.

It was the same as Car Crafters'.:sm0:

Just woulda been cool if Sean or somebody would have called to say "hey, by the way, it's not going to be ready today like I told you it would be so don't bother trying to get off work early to come for it."

I was all geeked up when Curt came out with the Camera to shoot some "pick up" pics. It was easy to tell he was as excited as I was.

Like they say "it is what it is" and yea, I'd rather it be right then not right.

She did look pretty BA though. Even with all the missing parts and all, she was looking mighty fine. :D

-Ivan

Bethgrce 07-15-2010 07:12 AM

Ivan.....so sorry your car wasn't ready! But today!!!!!! Yeah! I'm sure it will do more than sizzle!:happyanim:
When are we planning our next meet? I am going to try to go to the car show at Bryan's....also going to try and stop by his shop today to check it out...although my car looks like it has measles after the wind and rain last night! Had to stay at work until 7:30 PM!:mad0260:
Andre, PM me on the diverters you suggested....I got the first bill on my dog and it was an ouch moment! Might have to look at cheaper options....But the Noweeds are still at the top at this moment!:w00t:

1425 07-15-2010 08:02 AM

The car show starts at 10am and runs until 3pm at the balloon grounds there is no cost to get in however it is a fund rasier for the MDA. If I miss read your post I am sorry for jumping down your throat. This week has been a roller coster with the car being hit on Tues. and then trying to get it back in time to clean it up for the show on Sat. No fun.