Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Car Journals (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Tom Henry Racing THR22 2010/LS3/IBM/Supercharged SS Camaro [COTW 10/29/12] (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24276)

Mr Twisty 03-28-2011 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zebra (Post 3021608)
wait... i thought the wine was over here :iono:



sounds like a great offer - ya better take him up on it!

You guys paid us in wine for that last ski outing... you were just too drunk to remember apparently :facepalm:
:laugh:

zebra 03-28-2011 07:32 PM

figures :rolleyes: :facepalm:

Mr Twisty 03-30-2011 09:07 AM

Well gottahavit... it's been a few days... what'cha think? :popcorn:

GTAHVIT 03-30-2011 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 (Post 3028933)
Well gottahavit... it's been a few days... what'cha think? :popcorn:

Gathering my thoughts.....

zebra 03-30-2011 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 3029359)
Gathering my thoughts.....

well that makes sense... you are a bit scatter-brained sometimes

GTAHVIT 03-30-2011 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zebra (Post 3029367)
well that makes sense... you are a bit scatter-brained sometimes

psh.. are not... :mad0260:

Mr Twisty 03-30-2011 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 3029359)
Gathering my thoughts.....

You knew better than to phrase it like that.......... gonna cut ya some slack..... this time :thumbup:






















.......... Nope changed my mind.


WadeWilson 03-30-2011 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 (Post 3029499)
You knew better than to phrase it like that.......... gonna cut ya some slack..... this time :thumbup:


.......... Nope changed my mind.


:laugh:

JoeP@TeamBeckyD 03-30-2011 12:15 PM

you might want to look at....
somebody else's thread.........
:confused0068:

:popcorn:

PQ 03-30-2011 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 3029359)
Gathering my thoughts.....

Fear.................... it can drive a man crazy! :sm0:

GTAHVIT 03-30-2011 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 3030091)
Fear.................... it can drive a man crazy! :sm0:

Have you ever stopped to ask yourself..... "why does Chris want me to continue to use... HIS dyno tuner????

hm?

:D

PQ 03-30-2011 01:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 3030113)
Have you ever stopped to ask yourself..... "why does Chris want me to continue to use... HIS dyno tuner????

hm?

:D

I guess I'll have to resort to drastic measures........

If you ever want to see this cup again,,,, you'll proceed according to my instructions.

Attachment 222098

speedster 03-30-2011 01:11 PM

Geez PQ - Linda Cavanaugh is not gonna be liking you right now...:paddle:

zebra 03-30-2011 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet (Post 3029915)
you might want to look at....
somebody else's thread.........
:confused0068:

:popcorn:

it's boring...
*yawn*

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 3030113)
Have you ever stopped to ask yourself..... "why does Chris want me to continue to use... HIS dyno tuner????

hm?

:D

don't give all your secrets away!! :bonk: :facepalm:





it's alright Randy - i'm building faith in the tuner XXX uses *grin*
and Vengeance Racing ain't that far either!


Quote:

Originally Posted by IRPQ (Post 3030202)
I guess I'll have to resort to drastic measures........

If you ever want to see this cup again,,,, you'll proceed according to my instructions.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attach...8&d=1301504612

wait... what good will come from smashing a coffee cup all over your own desk? :iono:
we'd all have great laugh... especially Chris!! :laugh:

PQ 03-30-2011 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zebra (Post 3030901)
it's alright Randy - i'm building faith in the tuner XXX uses *grin*
and Vengeance Racing ain't that far either!



wait... what good will come from smashing a coffee cup all over your own desk? :iono:
we'd all have great laugh... especially Chris!! :laugh:

XXX could be in the plans. I really need someone closer. I'm having to make a shotgun trip to J-Ville. Not that it won't be cool to see Chris and Stacey, but would be better not to have to make the trip so short. :rolleyes:

OH, and that coffee cup came from their house. :bellyroll:

I think the trip when I did my headers and Bonnie did the Jacksonville show.

GTAHVIT 04-05-2011 11:24 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I think my endlinks were tight....

That is after hammering it with my impact wrench to get it off.

Need to call Pedders and ask for an overnight rush. :(

bossbunny 04-05-2011 11:30 PM

:wave:

GTAHVIT 04-05-2011 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badgebunny (Post 3059485)
:wave:

:D

Hey you gotta spare end link ball joint????

:iono:


:laugh:

bossbunny 04-05-2011 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 3059498)
:D

Hey you gotta spare end link ball joint????

:iono:


:laugh:

Um.... *looks around* :help:

Nope. Joo is boned. :D Jk.

Hopefully its fixed soon! :thumbsup:

PQ 04-05-2011 11:41 PM

Whoa........... Dude..... You should lay off the steroids.

Are we gonna have cars for out race. Or do we need to catch a last minute flight and have a foot race down the track? :bellyroll:

GTAHVIT 04-05-2011 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 3059551)
Whoa........... Dude..... You should lay off the steroids.

Are we gonna have cars for out race. Or do we need to catch a last minute flight and have a foot race down the track? :bellyroll:

:help:


:laughabove: :sm0:

zebra 04-06-2011 12:15 AM

wow... this just keeps getting better - both cars are down with a week left :facepalm:

PQ 04-06-2011 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zebra (Post 3059703)
wow... this just keeps getting better - both cars are down with a week left :facepalm:

We're trying to be like Speedster..... ??? :D

TAG UR IT 04-06-2011 02:43 AM

Just tighten it a bit more and make NEW threads!!!

speedster 04-06-2011 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 3059736)
We're trying to be like Speedster..... ??? :D

Last minute ? Who's last minute... :iono:

No one on this thread. :D

600hp-lpe 04-06-2011 11:34 AM

I'm Bi-Winning.. as I am done and arriving before you guys..:cool:

not sure how THAT happened... :iono:

I thought I would still be putting mine together right now. :DLOL

600hp-lpe 04-06-2011 11:39 AM

Hey chris, are your endlinks the 10 MM or 12 MM threads?

I have some of the older pedders endlinks - but they have the larger threads where everything mounts (where you stripped your's). They are the original series - I bought 2 swaybars and only installed one, so I have some extra endlinks.

I don't know if they will work or not for you. You need them for the rear or the front? The new ones I have are universal - still in the package. I also have the rear ones form my car that are already cut to fit the rear, as they were on my car.(I upgraded to the ones you just destroyed).

did anyone call you from Pedders yet? I'm prety sure Pete was on the road - he was meeting with at least 3 car companies this week, back to back. Jacie should get in touch with you if pete is unavailable... Leave a message for someone to call you back..

If you want to discuss with me send me a PM and i'll chat with you.

Another alternative is to talk to Rob at Wretched.. he has pedders items in stock. I don't know what the warranty is with pedders. I havn't broken anything yet... I Upgraded a lot of parts though.

PQ 04-06-2011 11:47 AM

I just watched my video from installing my springs a long time ago and I watched a part where I advised not to take the end links loose on the control arm but only ON the sway bar it's self. So it dawned on me that mine were still tightened from the factory. Funny part was when I said no need to get the aftermarket end links because nobody was having any problems with them....... :sm0:

GTAHVIT 04-06-2011 12:48 PM

Dan,

Thanks but I'm good to go.. A new one is on the way.

Yeah, I didn't bother Pete with this one he's got enough going on.

Deb, took care of me, I should have it COB tomorrow. :thumbsup:

600hp-lpe 04-06-2011 12:59 PM

cool.. Glad to hear you are all set.

So.. Pedders warranties Gorilla's over tightening parts? :sm0: LOL

those endlinks are expensive...

GTAHVIT 04-06-2011 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 600hp-lpe (Post 3061376)
cool.. Glad to hear you are all set.

So.. Pedders warranties Gorilla over tightening? LOL

:laugh:

With hand tools no less.. had me some spinach the day I tightened those...

;)

Mr Twisty 04-06-2011 01:30 PM

why did you need to remove it?

GTAHVIT 04-06-2011 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 (Post 3061477)
why did you need to remove it?

Kind of a long story...

Short version is..I have an improperly sized upper spring perch bushing.

GM has as much as 3/8" of an inch margin of error in bushing height...

With the way I have my coilovers set up it is just stiff enough that when the bushing moves that top nut just taps the trunk floor with the right amount of jolt... Like dropping off the curb on my driveway when backing out..

So, Pete and Bruce@Ramonds told me how to fix it... and I was a fixin it :D..

and then I brokted it :(

zebra 04-06-2011 02:45 PM

:(

but at least it's gonna be better nowz! :)

PQ 04-06-2011 03:23 PM

Fro sho nuff iz........... :headbang:

600hp-lpe 04-06-2011 04:10 PM

There are usually a few small issues when modifying the suspension..

just ask PQ.. LOL

I had to do a few creative things to get my setup to work.
Like having John at CCW make some new rear rims to replace the new rear rims after we tried the first set of rims.. (It's not easy to fit a 12.5" wide 18" rear rim on these cars).. :yikes: but now it fits, and it's a skateboard when they are on there. :D
or modifying the brand new, very expensive lower control arms from Spohn with a Grinder before I could race it.:(

My friends all love the ambition and dedication I put into my car during the off-season.:facepalm: They think I'm certifiable. LOL

They are glad I am entering race season where I don't modify stuff unless I have to - just tweak parts and the setup to dial it in. It's been a lot of weekends working late Saturday and Sunday to fit stuff together this winter. 5 months of building, shaping, cutting, stripping the interior, putting it back, trial fitting, etc. during this off-season.

I really like building the cars.. putting them together is half the fun. :thumbsup:
Using them to their full extent is the other half.:thumbup:

Cmon' Fest!!! I'm ready to start using it! :popcorn::burnrubber:

600hp-lpe 04-06-2011 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 3061924)
Fro sho nuff iz........... :headbang:


Wut? :sm0:

PQ 04-06-2011 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 600hp-lpe (Post 3062101)
There are usually a few small issues when modifying the suspension..

just ask PQ.. LOL

I had to do a few creative things to get my setup to work.
Like having John at CCW make some new rear rims to replace the new rear rims after we tried the first set of rims.. (It's not easy to fit a 12.5" wide 18" rear rim on these cars).. :yikes: but now it fits, and it's a skateboard when they are on there. :D
or modifying the brand new, very expensive lower control arms from Spohn with a Grinder before I could race it.:(

My friends all love the ambition and dedication I put into my car during the off-season.:facepalm: They think I'm certifiable. LOL

They are glad I am entering race season where I don't modify stuff unless I have to - just tweak parts and the setup to dial it in. It's been a lot of weekends working late Saturday and Sunday to fit stuff together this winter. 5 months of building, shaping, cutting, stripping the interior, putting it back, trial fitting, etc. during this off-season.

I really like building the cars.. putting them together is half the fun. :thumbsup:
Using them to their full extent is the other half.:thumbup:

Cmon' Fest!!! I'm ready to start using it! :popcorn::burnrubber:

Is C5FII your first track use of the car?

600hp-lpe 04-06-2011 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 3062148)
Is C5FII your first track use of the car?


no.. but it is the first time I drove it since I did a boatload of work to it..

I finished last season in 4th place in SCCA SOLOII Autocross - Street Modified class for the entire season - New England Region..:headbang:

PQ 04-06-2011 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 600hp-lpe (Post 3062219)
no.. but it is the first time I drove it since I did a boatload of work to it..

I finished last season in 4th place in SCCA SOLOII Autocross - Street Modified class for the entire season - New England Region..

Whoa........ You be in the same class this year? Or move up?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.