Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Found this in the paper today. 10,000 camaros ordered (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11260)

bobscogin 01-04-2009 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarkyLuv (Post 234110)
Who gives a crap if most ordered are V6 or V8? What does it matter?

Matters plenty. Any one who is interested in the sustainability of the Camaro better give a crap. After the initial thirst for SS models is sated, it's the sale of the V6 models that will determine how well the car competes against the competition.

Bob

WCoolBreeze 01-04-2009 09:03 PM

I am also an "Enthusiast" and I am getting a V-6 2LT/RS. I am doing this for a few reasons. I have a 1987 Camaro RS that I purchased back in March 1987, at the time it was sold and advertised as the "California Special." I also had a 1972 Camaro that had the front bumper that did not cover the very front of the grill. My 1987 Camaro had 1/4 mile on it when I test drove it and I got it from Lamp Chevrolet in National City, Ca. I have had this car for nearly 22 years and it will be 22 years old when I pick up my new Camaro. My 1987 Camaro RS has the 2.8 liter V-6 and this is rated at 135 hp and it is also Red. All of my friends and family call this car "Walt's Baby" for how I have taken care of this car. It now has 253,870.0 miles on it and the engine has only had regular maitenance on it. I am getting the New Camaro as a 2LT/RS, the color is RJT and the I am getting it this way to match my 1987 Camaro. Also the badging on a 1SS or 2SS with the RS package says SS in even if you get the RS package, and I do know that when you do get the RS package on a SS, the SS is red. So to get a true Camaro RS, I am getting the 2LT/RS.

Walt B.

Gary B 01-04-2009 09:23 PM

If its ordered through a dealer and built by Chevy, its a TRUE RS regardless if its also an SS!

fixxer56 01-05-2009 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCaptain (Post 234245)
Hardcore, you would want to go for as much of everything as you can. Having the *sorry* lower model engine, isn't quite hardcore... :iono:

Wiki:
Adjective

hardcore (comparative more hardcore, superlative most hardcore)

1. Having an extreme dedication to a certain activity; diehard.

He's a hardcore gamer.

2. (slang) Particularly intense; thrillingly dangerous or erratic; desirably violent in appearance; pleasing or "cool" due to intensity or danger.

That show was ****in hardcore, dude.

3. Resistant to change.

So, If you are that much of a Hardcore fan, why aren't you waiting for a convertible Z28 to be the "Ultimate Hardcore Camaro Fan" ? I was happy with my 1st Gen '69 Camaro "basic model" and my dedication to this vehicle should not be questioned only because I did not order a 2 SS RS with everything available on the list. A 2 LT RS Camaro was what I wanted. I can afford whatever I want. I've had Roadrunners and Mustangs and Camaros. I'm returning to the first car I bought on my own in high school in 1973. Please don't question my Hardcore desire for this car or I would not have bought it. I never have thought an SS buyer was overcompensating for their purchase. I thought that all of us here we celebrating the return of such a great vehicle, not bashing one another only because we ordered a different model than you did.