Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   When the camaro is on lots to buy... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21556)

Bryan2230 05-06-2009 10:35 AM

When the camaro is on lots to buy...

My plan has always been to wait until Camaros are on dealer lots to go buy one. I finally decided that Victory Red 2LT RS Automatic Polished Aluminum Wheels, is what I want. I'm worried that when dealerships start ordering cars for on their lots that they will probably just go with the Midnight Silver wheels with the RS Package. My question is, do you think ill be able to find the Polished Aluminum with the RS package when they get to lots? Or if I want Polished Aluminum with the RS package, am I going to have order?

2010 2-Tone 05-06-2009 10:37 AM

When you are ready why wouldn't you just order the exact car you want? It means alot to me to say that I ordered it exactly like I wanted instead of just accepting what was on a lot. Just my thoughts!:iono:

BrianGriffin78 05-06-2009 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bryan2230 (Post 462248)
My plan has always been to wait until Camaros are on dealer lots to go buy one. I finally decided that Victory Red 2LT RS Automatic Polished Aluminum Wheels, is what I want. I'm worried that when dealerships start ordering cars for on their lots that they will probably just go with the Midnight Silver wheels with the RS Package. My question is, do you think ill be able to find the Polished Aluminum with the RS package when they get to lots? Or if I want Polished Aluminum with the RS package, am I going to have order?

Hmm, with this car, you really are going to have to order if you want something exactly to your specs. You can take a gamble by waiting for the cars on the lot but it will be a gamble and may not have all the specs you want.

PQ 05-06-2009 10:46 AM

Have you seen the MS in person? Whoa!

But ya, you might want to order it your way. you'll be glad you did.

Bryan2230 05-06-2009 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irpq11 (Post 462285)
Have you seen the MS in person? Whoa!

But ya, you might want to order it your way. you'll be glad you did.

I did see the MS last night at a local dealership, but on a Silver Ice Metallic 2LT RS. I havent seen Victory Red / Midnight Silver in person yet.

GoldFire 05-06-2009 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bryan2230 (Post 462297)
I did see the MS last night at a local dealership, but on a Silver Ice Metallic 2LT RS. I havent seen Victory Red / Midnight Silver in person yet.

My local dealer has a victory red with the midnight silver and it looks amazing, glad I ordered that.

1camaro4me 05-06-2009 12:53 PM

My experience with buying other cars has been (no matter which manufacturer I'm dealing with) that dealers use their data base of the cars on lots at the other dealerships. They can swap out cars or make other arrangements to get a specifc car a customer wants when they don't have it on their own lot.

Good luck with that with the Camaro for a quite a while. I don't see there being an over abundance of lot cars for some time. So finding the excat car you want will require a lot more work and some luck.

I agree that it would make more sense to order the exact one you want when the time comes.

Sierra 05-06-2009 01:34 PM

If it is just rims you are worried about of course they can switch at the dealer. I think.

TomSlick 05-06-2009 01:40 PM

Right now there is almost NO DIFFERENCE in the rims of a car with the RS package and the regular silver rims. If you saw them side by side you can barely even notice! Its kind of a joke that they call it Midnight Silver. Its like a 5% tint on them. They look almost identical to the regular rims. I think someone blew it when they OK'd the color cause there is no appreciable difference to them.

keepontrukkin 05-06-2009 02:46 PM

Keep in mind, many times when you "compromise" on a spec, you end up liking the spec you accepted even better. Many times we over-think these things and everything works out for the best in the end. Hmmm, I must be in a philosphical mood today.

Bryan2230 05-06-2009 03:01 PM

I just got an email from a dealership around here and they state:

"The 2010 Chevrolet Camaro pricing can be as low as $25,040"

Did i miss something, did they raise the price $2,000 today? Because the Chevrolet.com website still says $23,040.

DevilKnightFalcon 05-06-2009 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bryan2230 (Post 462248)

If you have an exact list of things you want in the car then why would you buy what is on the lot instead of ordering?