Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   The Day Has Finally Arrived - Round 2 Pictures and VIDEOS! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19607)

Kvapil28 04-28-2009 10:56 AM

Thank you for the post man

kmn5 04-28-2009 10:39 PM

Nice vid's

just curious, from your screen name, are you in the funeral business?

kmn5 04-28-2009 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MLL67RSSS (Post 426719)
I wouldn't recommend using a hard drive in a car. The heads "fly" over the discs at an incredibly tiny distance, a piece of dust is HUGE by comparison. They don't take well to prolonged jouncing or vibration while in use and the heads are flying. Would most likely lead to premature "crashing" of the drive.

well at least not with desktop hd's
you can always get a 2.5" laptop harddrive and mount it into an external case (like $15 on ebay)
the laptop ones handle vibration much much better

Embalmer 04-29-2009 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmn5 (Post 441939)
Nice vid's

just curious, from your screen name, are you in the funeral business?

Only in laying Mustang's to rest....

(it's my xbox live gamer tag :cool:)

BRobes05 04-29-2009 01:27 PM

I've looked at these videos a solid 10 times, good stuff man

69er 04-29-2009 07:47 PM

Embalmer,

You're quite the ambassador, documenting for the first time, a buyer's review of the Camaro for everyone. Thanks!

BTW, I was somewhat disappointed that there wasn't an "Instant MPG" function. Can you reset the DIC at anytime so you can get the average MPG for a short amount of time or miles? I figure that would be the closest you could get to find your instant MPG. IOW, reset it every mile or every minute.

wadesamdad 04-30-2009 01:47 AM

WOW..........WOW.............WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Embalmer 04-30-2009 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69-er (Post 444482)
Embalmer,

You're quite the ambassador, documenting for the first time, a buyer's review of the Camaro for everyone. Thanks!

BTW, I was somewhat disappointed that there wasn't an "Instant MPG" function. Can you reset the DIC at anytime so you can get the average MPG for a short amount of time or miles? I figure that would be the closest you could get to find your instant MPG. IOW, reset it every mile or every minute.

Thanks sir :)

Yes, you can reset the MPG any time. Just hit the button "press in on the tip" and hold it for a second...it will reset it and start updating immediately.

CAMAROS4LIFE 05-01-2009 06:16 PM

Lucky

GOD WHAT I WOULD GIVE TO OWN A CAMARO!!!

jspeak32 05-01-2009 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FNKNSTN (Post 433319)
Yeah, it's cool... then again, you have to control all your music through the IPOD, not the stereo itself. It's better than nothing.

If I was stuck in that situation, I'd just be burning mp3's to CD-RW's and listening to those.

Is it known whether iPhones will function with the connectivity and controls option, or just iPods?

kendrajom 05-02-2009 03:51 PM

WOW!

Thanks for posting these videos. I'm so ready to get mine...and I'm so jealous of other people who have gotten theirs! Hope you love it...do you say goodnight to it every night? I'm going to! :thumbup:

Suskam 05-02-2009 08:52 PM

Hey Embalmer - how about that video of the window indexing you promised? It would be much appreciated. :popcorn:

Riderover40 05-02-2009 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MLL67RSSS (Post 426719)
I wouldn't recommend using a hard drive in a car. The heads "fly" over the discs at an incredibly tiny distance, a piece of dust is HUGE by comparison. They don't take well to prolonged jouncing or vibration while in use and the heads are flying. Would most likely lead to premature "crashing" of the drive.

A hard drive will not work here anyway, only a flash drive !! Sorry ...... :thumbsup:

MAC 05-05-2009 05:58 AM

Tears don't fall is by far BFMV's best song...i freakin love that song and can't stop listening to BFMV since i viewed the youtube video of Pontiac Fiero's and TDF playing in the background....:w00t:
definitely will be the first song i play if/when i ever get the 5th gen :thumbup: